Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

2 hours ago, Clinically Proven said:

I'm a bit anxious we won't get the nod for Crownpoint and we've stuck all our eggs in this basket with no backup plan - not that I'm a lover of the location personally, but we don't have any viable alternatives on the table by the looks of it. Although I think our bid is stronger, as we have a fanbase and something resembling a professional football club. Finnart are already based in the area and theres a lot of buzzwords in their application about foodbanks, mental health etc, so even if I can never ever see them attracting a fanbase of any sort and their ceiling being beyond the lower reaches of the pyramid, I wouldn't underestimate the possibility of decision makers being wooed by them instead especially given the mud that has stuck to the club the last few years.

As far as on the park, we are going down, thats a formality now, but we will slide even further quickly if we end up stuck at Accies.

Crownpoint won't happen am afraid we are finished the board should be ashamed of themselves alexander is a arsehole and Thomson is in the position he's in for the uefa thing he wants both have ruined the club

13 hours ago, Weehowee said:

Crownpoint won't happen am afraid we are finished the board should be ashamed of themselves alexander is a arsehole and Thomson is in the position he's in for the uefa thing he wants both have ruined the club

So next stop fold and forget ???????

15 hours ago, Weehowee said:

Here, you can borrow some of these if you want: , , , . . . ! ! !

16 hours ago, Weehowee said:

Asked a few people who have said the same why it won’t happen and never had an answer, so why won’t it happen? 

Also, what is so hard to understand about Darvels financial backing hence why they have a team full of league 1 and 2 players…

1 hour ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

ffs Jordan Kirkpatrick, Ian McShane & Scott Ferguson playing for Darvel and we bring in Thicott, MacLean, Grant, Rodden, Scullion, Cameron etc........ a vision years ago top 10 in 10, my arse...........

I agree those you mention of the current players are garbage but of the Darvel three only Kirkpatrick was decent. Apart from hiding in the playoff final at Hampden of course. 

ferguson never recovered to decent level after injury, was really poor laterally actually. 

Of course they will now be on double what we can pay anyway. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

1 minute ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I agree those you mention of the current players are garbage but of the Darvel three only Kirkpatrick was decent. Apart from hiding in the playoff final at Hampden of course. 

ferguson never recovered to decent level after injury, was really poor laterally actually. 

Even with previous form considered, if you offered me an entire squad swap there isn't one current Clyde player I'd keep ahead of any of the Darvel lot.

17 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Ian McShane is a good player and was brilliant last night. 

2 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Asked a few people who have said the same why it won’t happen and never had an answer, so why won’t it happen? 

Also, what is so hard to understand about Darvels financial backing hence why they have a team full of league 1 and 2 players…

Land round the pitch isn't big enough from what I've been told 

7 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Land round the pitch isn't big enough from what I've been told 

I take it you mean for stands, car park etc? 

One of the last things the club put out said drawings had been commissioned, unless they are done I don’t know how much truth there is in that, we will see. 

2 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Ian McShane's still a very good midfielder. I'd take him back here if he was still interested in playing full time. The notion that he's not good enough for Clyde is farcical. You're right that he's getting paid far more than Clyde would pay though.

18 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ian McShane's still a very good midfielder. I'd take him back here if he was still interested in playing full time. The notion that he's not good enough for Clyde is farcical. You're right that he's getting paid far more than Clyde would pay though.

I would never nor did I say he wasn’t good enough for Clyde, I actually never mentioned him at all, I talked about the ex Clyde players on show last night.
I have no memory of him ever playing for us, however I’m getting old now and aging even more rapidly watching the farce that is a football club at the moment. So forgive me. 

3 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I would never nor did I say he wasn’t good enough for Clyde, I actually never mentioned him at all, I talked about the ex Clyde players on show last night.
I have no memory of him ever playing for us, however I’m getting old now and aging even more rapidly watching the farce that is a football club at the moment. So forgive me. 

The fact we’ve had about 600 players in the past 15 years doesn’t help either!

19 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

15 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

The fact we’ve had about 600 players in the past 15 years doesn’t help either!

Ian McShane has never played for Clyde - the guy just misunderstood your point.

He is certainly a very decent player, I'd take him here in a heartbeat.

5 hours ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

ffs Jordan Kirkpatrick, Ian McShane & Scott Ferguson playing for Darvel and we bring in Thicott, MacLean, Grant, Rodden, Scullion, Cameron etc........ a vision years ago top 10 in 10, my arse...........

3 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

7 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Ian McShane has never played for Clyde - the guy just misunderstood your point.

He is certainly a very decent player, I'd take him here in a heartbeat.

Did I? 🤔 Perhaps I did, but when he quotes a post listing three Darvel players and then refers to "the Darvel three" I don't think it's unreasonable to presume he's talking about the three players named in the post he quotes?