Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

35 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Your posts are derogatory and it sums you up.you were the one waving you little flag and singing there’s only one Danny Lennon when he got us promoted into league 1 you wanted Jim Duffy and he will relegated us. who’s the f—-y now😂

I have at no point wanted Jim Duffy, but “he will relegated us”. Tool. 

15 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Conditions were bad today but our season is literally our games against them and we have lost the first one. 

We are going down regardless and we won’t be coming back up. It’s fucking depressing. 

We need Duffy out and a young ambitious manager in now and I think we would have a fighting chance in the play offs.We are going down the wrong road with Duffy and everyone knows this including the board.

the board needs to be brave and ruthless and act now before it’s to late.

our very existence depends on the board being decisive and board members will read these posts  the time is now.

32 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Who did you want. let’s see if you can answer a simple question and educate us on your vast football knowledge.I can’t wait

I'd take almost anyone over Duffy at this point purely on the off chance making this change alone will have a positive effect on the players/fan engagement. 

More than happy for us to take a punt on a manager of a Junior team as well - Colin Nish of Tranent Juniors for example. I think he's only been in charge there a few months but they seem to be doing pretty well under his leadership. Also got the Clyde connection with him playing for us back in the early 2000s.

I've just plucked that name out of the air by the way and have no idea whether he'd do well for us or not. Point is, I'd happily take that risk rather than stick with Duffy and watch our slow, painful and inevitable demise. I don't know whether our board do bother to read posts on here but if any do, I'm begging you to take control of this situation, show Duffy the door and get someone in who may just be able to salvage this season and get us into the relegation playoffs at least. It could well be too late already but we have to at least try.

There is zero evidence at this point that anything is going to change for the better with Duffy in charge so to stick with him at this point would be the most pathetic, defeatist, cowardly act I think I've ever witnessed in terms of my years supporting this once great club. Do something, anything...but for f**k sake, do it NOW!

2 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Shut up you absolute fanny, Lennon was heading us one way and it’s his pish recruitment that’s put us here. 

Your posts on here are full of nothing but absolute shite. 

Why have you not got him on ignore?
most already have!

9 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

I'd take almost anyone over Duffy at this point purely on the off chance making this change alone will have a positive effect on the players/fan engagement. 

More than happy for us to take a punt on a manager of a Junior team as well - Colin Nish of Tranent Juniors for example. I think he's only been in charge there a few months but they seem to be doing pretty well under his leadership. Also got the Clyde connection with him playing for us back in the early 2000s.

I've just plucked that name out of the air by the way and have no idea whether he'd do well for us or not. Point is, I'd happily take that risk rather than stick with Duffy and watch our slow, painful and inevitable demise. I don't know whether our board do bother to read posts on here but if any do, I'm begging you to take control of this situation, show Duffy the door and get someone in who may just be able to salvage this season and get us into the relegation playoffs at least. It could well be too late already but we have to at least try.

There is zero evidence at this point that anything is going to change for the better with Duffy in charge so to stick with him at this point would be the most pathetic, defeatist, cowardly act I think I've ever witnessed in terms of my years supporting this once great club. Do something, anything...but for f**k sake, do it NOW!

This is my point also and the board need to act now but they won’t and the time is now.Ricky waddle at Caledonian braves is doing a good job with limited resources and he’s been there a number of years.

the guys we have suggested would cost little to no money but they are ambitious where Jim Duffy is just looking for a last pay day.My point about Danny Lennon and he needed to go and I get that but I would rather he was still in charge to fix the mess he created as Jim Duffy will always say that he inherited a shambles and no one can argue with that.

The odds of Duffy being shown the door is zero, bearing in mind that a player is assisting him with the coaching. I would doubt the budget is there to do it. Most of the decisions since Jan 22 have been fatal in getting us to where we are, giving Lennon another contract, letting him rebuild another squad, letting the move to Hamilton take place without long term assurances of where we will play. None of the decisions suggest those making them will sack Duffy. And lets face it- many of the problems lie much deeper than him. This season is a write off and based on the Dumbarton game a few weeks back - with the squad that Lennon built - we need to urgently start building a team able to compete in League 2.  They bet us with ease. Otherwise I genuinely fear that we will be in the lowland league for 24-25 season. 

Edited by BonnieClyde

21 minutes ago, BonnieClyde said:

The odds of Duffy being shown the door is zero, bearing in mind that a player is assisting him with the coaching. I would doubt the budget is there to do it. Most of the decisions since Jan 22 have been fatal in getting us to where we are, giving Lennon another contract, letting him rebuild another squad, letting the move to Hamilton take place without long term assurances of where we will play. None of the decisions suggest those making them will sack Duffy. And lets face it- many of the problems lie much deeper than him. This season is a write off and based on the Dumbarton game a few weeks back - with the squad that Lennon built - we need to urgently start building a team able to compete in League 2.  They bet us with ease. Otherwise I genuinely fear that we will be in the lowland league for 24-25 season. 

But we are still in league 1 and we should be doing everything we can to get the playoff and win it.I think that is still in our hands but it will take big boardroom decisions to make this happen not some more poor signings in January and we already have more passengers than the QE2

The damage is already done, Duffy should never have been appointed in the first place. Instead of a young hungry manager looking to better himself we went with a tired old dinosaur who doesn’t care. There is no money to move him on even if the board wanted to.

The sad thing is we could see yesterday coming miles away and there’s not many left who even care now.

Heading down the shitter at breakneck speed. 

Just listened to the audio from our Dinosaur manager. Did I hear correctly?

"best we could have hoped for was a 0-0 given the conditions? 

Thats bordering sacking offence on its own, is he saying he was playing for a point?  oh what a surprise! 

Honestly he is the most negative manager ever Certainly not since our last negative manager, what was his name again?
Oh aye Jim Effing Duffy!

Just now, FREDDYFRY said:

Just listened to the audio from our Dinosaur manager. Did I hear correctly?

"best we could have hoped for was a 0-0 given the conditions? 

Thats bordering sacking offence on its own, is he saying he was playing for a point?  oh what a surprise! 

Honestly he is the most negative manager ever Certainly not since our last negative manager, what was his name again?
Oh aye Jim Effing Duffy!

What's the best Peterhead could hope for playing in the same conditions?

Duffy is a joke. The lack of energy and drive he displays in his manner must transfer onto the players.

5 minutes ago, CM. said:

The saddest thing is you could anticipate that result coming a mile off. The vast majority of our players just don't have the balls to roll their sleeves up and win the battle.

I'd love to know what he said to the players before the kick off yesterday.

"Try not to be forward thinking. Don't shoot when given the opportunity even with an eighty mile an hour wind behind you. The best we can hope for is keeping the back door shut" 

"Lyons, I want you to lose the ball in every time you have possession"

"Defenders, punt the ball as high as you can"

"Parry, if the forward looks like he's going to back heal the ball into the net, it's a trick. Don't fall for it. Under no circumstances anticipate it"

"And most importantly, don't get the fans excited. They'll start to expect to be entertained at matches. That would result in redundancies for over the hill, negative managers like myself"

"Come on boys, get into them... but not too much"

We have proven to be the two worst teams in the league & it showed & probably the league positions as they are now is the best we can hope from the season. Clyde started the season on a flier and have got worse, We started the season with hardly enough players to field a team and got into to the habit of finding ways to lose nearly every week. Clyde supporters do not seem to believe there is an improvement in them. We (Peterhead) are still waiting for a few players coming in and if in the right positions can see us having a better second half to the season but who knows. The Clyde support yesterday could not have done more to encourage their team for the whole 90 minutes so well done to them.

4 hours ago, Clyde_1977 said:

Hopefully going bottom (deservedly) will produce some sort of reaction from the players. 

Any sort of inspiration will need to come from them, as the manager seems to have thrown the towel in.

Jim Duffy stays we are doomed.

no stadium no money poor manager poor squad poor January transfer window fans abandoning the club sponsors leaving.

Clyde chairman please stand up and answer these allegations of mismanagement on your watch and what your going to do to change it because we are going down quicker than a thai hooker.

I'm a bit anxious we won't get the nod for Crownpoint and we've stuck all our eggs in this basket with no backup plan - not that I'm a lover of the location personally, but we don't have any viable alternatives on the table by the looks of it. Although I think our bid is stronger, as we have a fanbase and something resembling a professional football club. Finnart are already based in the area and theres a lot of buzzwords in their application about foodbanks, mental health etc, so even if I can never ever see them attracting a fanbase of any sort and their ceiling being beyond the lower reaches of the pyramid, I wouldn't underestimate the possibility of decision makers being wooed by them instead especially given the mud that has stuck to the club the last few years.

As far as on the park, we are going down, thats a formality now, but we will slide even further quickly if we end up stuck at Accies.