Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

One of your number laughed at my post at seasons start when I said it's the worst PD team I'd seen in decades.

Another of your number said wait a while.

I've waited..

We are crap.

Clyde ,on the other hand...........

If it's any consolation,  both clubs are going down regardless of which one manages to sneak a play off place.

They're the worst 2 teams in this division by a country mile.

Peterhead won as they could put a corner kick in the vicinity of their players. Had two other big chances at corners, almost nothing from open play. Our set pieces were absolutely awful and have been for years. It's actually almost impossible to score as few set piece goals as we do.

I make that 18 without a win which is a new record.

Andy McCarthy absolutely dominated the middle of the pitch.

Rennie was the better of the two new ones but came deep to link play and left us with only Allan in the box.

You can't play a 352 with two wingbacks as bad as Lyon and Kennedy. Lyon gave the ball away every time he had it. Also a strange decision to play Roberts as the deepest midfielder.

1 hour ago, TamClyde said:

If you're happy with the current situation then please, continue to attend the games. Why should fans have to pay over-the-top prices to watch the dire so called football team the board have assembled. The suits do not listen to fans voices, they don't care about "owners" voices either - having been one the past 3 years, I chose not to renew this year as it was pretty pointless. The only language the board seem to be able to understand is money talk. When they see gate numbers come down drastically, they may finally sound the alarm bells. 

So far, the board seem pretty calm about our current situation and all but relegated club. Infact they seem more worried about selling of hospitality tickets for home games than adressing the fans directly. 

Gate numbers have been steady between 500-600 this season so the board think all is fine - when its not. 

Feel free to keep paying your hard earned cash but nothing will change as it stands. See St Johnstone tonight, fans boycotting because of an incompetent board, prompts board reaction, why can't we do the same?

Hope this explains it for you mate. 

Please explain to me what happens when the board resign? There's no one else. It's sad but it's true.

I'm genuinely not trying to be argumentative but I don't understand how the entire board resigning improves anything.

11 minutes ago, David W said:

Peterhead won as they could put a corner kick in the vicinity of their players. Had two other big chances at corners, almost nothing from open play. Our set pieces were absolutely awful and have been for years. It's actually almost impossible to score as few set piece goals as we do.

I make that 18 without a win which is a new record.

Andy McCarthy absolutely dominated the middle of the pitch.

Rennie was the better of the two new ones but came deep to link play and left us with only Allan in the box.

You can't play a 352 with two wingbacks as bad as Lyon and Kennedy. Lyon gave the ball away every time he had it. Also a strange decision to play Roberts as the deepest midfielder.

Lyon, Kennedy, Cuddihy were all absolutely shocking today.

Why, given the strong wind, we didn't just concentrate on getting the ball into the opposition box I'll never understand.

We chose the high ball out the park option instead.

I honestly don’t know where we  go from here.
I get folk saying board should go, I know they have arsed it but it’s impractical as there are no one to replace them unfortunately. I actually think they would go if it was possible. 
The Duffy appointment is a disaster as we predicted. A fecken dinosaur!

Absolutely zero leadership on the park and from manager. Grant, Parry and McLean are as experienced as you could get, yet they are spineless. Total let down and wage thief’s them and the rest of them!

Depressing stuff

40 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

With Montrose idle I took in this Festival of Incompetence at Balmoor.

Firstly, a beautiful day but absolutely Arctic, and it became clear that whoever handled the strong wind blowing up the ground would take the points. Clyde had the wind at their back in the first half and had a couple of good opportunities; both falling to the no. 9. One saw him bearing down on the Peterhead keeper after one or two nice passes but the goalie won the battle; secondly an abysmal sclaff from a Peterhead defender (no.6) played him in but again the forward unable to take advantage.

The frustrating thing about the game was that both sides played as though it was a completely calm day. With such a high wind short sharp passing is needed and forget the long ball. Unfortunately both teams, largely, did the opposite. The wind was so strong that the ball quivered whenever it was placed for a corner or free kick; both teams went for the default blooter rather than keeping on the ground and trying to move it quickly.

With the game scoreless at half time, it seemed as though pre-match predictions were coming to pass; both teams the mangy curs of Division One scrapping toothlessly over a pointless bone, desperate for the footballing vet to come along with his big needle and put an end to a miserable campaign.

The second half was a little better than the near-subterranean bar of the first. What proved to be the winner came after a flurry of corners for Peterhead; the ball bobbled around in the box, the Clyde cludgie unable to clear the blockage, and wee Shanks cheekily back-heeled the ball home from an angle just inside the six yard box, past the sprawling Parry. Huge celebrations from the team and the home support and the goal really gave Peterhead an energy. Shanks was possessed for the next ten minutes, bullying the slothful Clyde no 14 off the ball inside his own half on a few occasions. Big Fosu upfront for the Fishy Jailers is an unguided missle; you never know what to expect from him. He's a limited player but very willing and a trier. He should have has Peterhead further ahead when he met a lovely right wing cross by the penalty spot, but somehow scrambled the header wide. A few minutes afterthere was an almighty scramble in the box and uncertainty from the Clyde keeper as the ball floated and swirled like a balloon at the end of a wind tunnel; somehow the ball stayed out with shots blocked by Clyde defenders.

Jim Duffy seemed to regard the game with the indifference of a man at breakfast, thirty years into an unhappy marriage. He looked glum and miserable throughout. Bringing Rennie on for his debut seemed to ginger Clyde up a bit and for the last fifteen minutes they had the lions' sure of the possession and attack. However, watching Clyde trying to attack at present is like watching a drunk try to eat an avocado with a screwdriver. Peterhead's defence was more or less assured in dealing with the visitors' clumsy efforts, with the goalkeeper not having a save of significance to make. It was more nerves and mind games in the home defence that threatened an error.

A couple of things to conclude. Firstly a crowd of nearly 700 on a totally freezing day who care enough about the fortunes of two such poor teams is a credit to both and I have to complement a good humoured Clyde support whose persistent chanting for their team was by far the most impressive thing about their club today. Of the two I have more optimism about Peterhead. Yes they are a very limited side who've had a terrible season for one reason and another but there are green shoots there. I thought they defended quite well with big Joshua and Jason Brown having good games at the back. The on loan keeper was decent. I was also quite impressed with young Jack Waddell and Shanks, a livewire confidence striker. Davie Robertson may just get enough of a tune out of this charity shop fiddle to see it in the play offs at the end of the season, a task which looked hugely optimistic when he was appointed a few weeks back.

Glad that it's not really my problem where Clyde go from here. What a sorry mess the club is in.

Couldn’t make it today, Thanks for the honest  report 

Agree, shanks is a grafter 

38 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

With Montrose idle I took in this Festival of Incompetence at Balmoor ...

Cheers IDB, that was a good and enjoyable read! Not sure what your day job is but you'd give Tom English a run for his money with some of that prose. Captures well the essence (and sheer  torture) we all endure following our sides at this level. 👍👌

50 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

With Montrose idle I took in this Festival of Incompetence at Balmoor.

Firstly, a beautiful day but absolutely Arctic, and it became clear that whoever handled the strong wind blowing up the ground would take the points. Clyde had the wind at their back in the first half and had a couple of good opportunities; both falling to the no. 9. One saw him bearing down on the Peterhead keeper after one or two nice passes but the goalie won the battle; secondly an abysmal sclaff from a Peterhead defender (no.6) played him in but again the forward unable to take advantage.

The frustrating thing about the game was that both sides played as though it was a completely calm day. With such a high wind short sharp passing is needed and forget the long ball. Unfortunately both teams, largely, did the opposite. The wind was so strong that the ball quivered whenever it was placed for a corner or free kick; both teams went for the default blooter rather than keeping on the ground and trying to move it quickly.

With the game scoreless at half time, it seemed as though pre-match predictions were coming to pass; both teams the mangy curs of Division One scrapping toothlessly over a pointless bone, desperate for the footballing vet to come along with his big needle and put an end to a miserable campaign.

The second half was a little better than the near-subterranean bar of the first. What proved to be the winner came after a flurry of corners for Peterhead; the ball bobbled around in the box, the Clyde cludgie unable to clear the blockage, and wee Shanks cheekily back-heeled the ball home from an angle just inside the six yard box, past the sprawling Parry. Huge celebrations from the team and the home support and the goal really gave Peterhead an energy. Shanks was possessed for the next ten minutes, bullying the slothful Clyde no 14 off the ball inside his own half on a few occasions. Big Fosu upfront for the Fishy Jailers is an unguided missle; you never know what to expect from him. He's a limited player but very willing and a trier. He should have has Peterhead further ahead when he met a lovely right wing cross by the penalty spot, but somehow scrambled the header wide. A few minutes afterthere was an almighty scramble in the box and uncertainty from the Clyde keeper as the ball floated and swirled like a balloon at the end of a wind tunnel; somehow the ball stayed out with shots blocked by Clyde defenders.

Jim Duffy seemed to regard the game with the indifference of a man at breakfast, thirty years into an unhappy marriage. He looked glum and miserable throughout. Bringing Rennie on for his debut seemed to ginger Clyde up a bit and for the last fifteen minutes they had the lions' sure of the possession and attack. However, watching Clyde trying to attack at present is like watching a drunk try to eat an avocado with a screwdriver. Peterhead's defence was more or less assured in dealing with the visitors' clumsy efforts, with the goalkeeper not having a save of significance to make. It was more nerves and mind games in the home defence that threatened an error.

A couple of things to conclude. Firstly a crowd of nearly 700 on a totally freezing day who care enough about the fortunes of two such poor teams is a credit to both and I have to complement a good humoured Clyde support whose persistent chanting for their team was by far the most impressive thing about their club today. Of the two I have more optimism about Peterhead. Yes they are a very limited side who've had a terrible season for one reason and another but there are green shoots there. I thought they defended quite well with big Joshua and Jason Brown having good games at the back. The on loan keeper was decent. I was also quite impressed with young Jack Waddell and Shanks, a livewire confidence striker. Davie Robertson may just get enough of a tune out of this charity shop fiddle to see it in the play offs at the end of the season, a task which looked hugely optimistic when he was appointed a few weeks back.

Glad that it's not really my problem where Clyde go from here. What a sorry mess the club is in.

On 20/10/2022 at 00:21, JIMMY CHOO said:

Put it this way get rid of DL and watch the team get relegated.I have no doubt he will start getting results.I think your a fair weather supporter.

The clowns on this chat asked for everything that’s happening to them right now putting pressure on the board to sack Danny and his assistant. You all wanted a new manager and all we could afford was a washed up excuse for a manager who would appear to sign up all the old pals act that he knew from years ago.You lot deserve all this and I’m reading some clown wants rid of the board.Who would run the club as these guys are all volunteers.Now we are hearing about a boycott then you will kill the club.Does any this make any sense or are you all completely stupid.

Another cracking post IDB and pretty spot on. With Elgin idle I also took in the game, biggest crowd I’ve seen at Balmoor for a while.  I would say the day definitely required both teams to play the ball on the ground but really wishful thinking. Neither team and indeed most at this level and div 2  have the ability to do that, on grass anyway and just resort to the default position of launching the ball. Although Peterhead are poor there are definitely green shoots there, as for Clyde, I worry about them, overspending in previous years is catching up and with no ground and limited income streams they are on a slippery slope. At least I will be entertained by their fans posts in Div2 next year. Have missed them.

7 minutes ago, 1993 said:

Another cracking post IDB and pretty spot on. With Elgin idle I also took in the game, biggest crowd I’ve seen at Balmoor for a while.  I would say the day definitely required both teams to play the ball on the ground but really wishful thinking. Neither team and indeed most at this level and div 2  have the ability to do that, on grass anyway and just resort to the default position of launching the ball. Although Peterhead are poor there are definitely green shoots there, as for Clyde, I worry about them, overspending in previous years is catching up and with no ground and limited income streams they are on a slippery slope. At least I will be entertained by their fans posts in Div2 next year. Have missed them.

That’s only if any of us still go to the games by then!

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

50 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

The clowns on this chat asked for everything that’s happening to them right now putting pressure on the board to sack Danny and his assistant. You all wanted a new manager and all we could afford was a washed up excuse for a manager who would appear to sign up all the old pals act that he knew from years ago.You lot deserve all this and I’m reading some clown wants rid of the board.Who would run the club as these guys are all volunteers.Now we are hearing about a boycott then you will kill the club.Does any this make any sense or are you all completely stupid.

Shut up you absolute fanny, Lennon was heading us one way and it’s his pish recruitment that’s put us here. 

Your posts on here are full of nothing but absolute shite. 

44 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Shut up you absolute fanny, Lennon was heading us one way and it’s his pish recruitment that’s put us here. 

Your posts on here are full of nothing but absolute shite. 

Your posts are derogatory and it sums you up.you were the one waving you little flag and singing there’s only one Danny Lennon when he got us promoted into league 1 you wanted Jim Duffy and he will relegated us. who’s the f—-y now😂