Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

2 hours ago, David W said:

Ola Adeyemo who was released from Peterhead at end of December probably the most realistic shout.

12 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Good grief. If we’re signing a boy that couldn’t get a game in one of the poorest sides the divisions seen in a while, there really is no hope. 

Hes 28 and appears to have less than 15 career goals. That’s sub-Rob Jones levels of garbage. 

🌱🦋ClockworkDolly🦋 na Twitter: "@MarcCorbishley @RoyWalkerLegend I loved  it when he said that. 😂 “It's good, but it's not right.” 😂 It was a much  better show, he was far more engaging with

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Martin Rennie has just left Montrose but I don’t think he’s scored against us.

Believe he's getting looked at too 

On 15/01/2023 at 19:35, bullyweehutch said:

The players have given up

The manager gave up before he started 

The board is completely incompetent and have also given up

And now the fans have given up and who can blame us. The soul of our club has been destroyed and we are wandering in the dark from one disaster to the next. 

I never thought it would be this way but I never even thought twice about not going yesterday. It was easy, players don't give a f**k so why should I waste my time and money whilst these jobbers get paid to not give a f**k. 

Players and staff move on but what do we do when they've killed the club off. f**k the board and the CIC

You have to ask yourself why the board thought Jim Duffy would be good for us in our current state and all he has done is made a bad situation worse and there is no way out of this.A playoff is the best we can hope for with a playing squad that would struggle in the junior leagues.I think Duffy needs to go and be replaced with Brian McLean.

16 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Martin Rennie has just left Montrose but I don’t think he’s scored against us.

At least he won’t be scoring against us now 😂

Content with that signing, decent record in leagues 1 and 2 and gives us a target man up front. 

That’s the bigger framed centre forward ticked off the list then, happy to have that option and should offer a nice alternative to Allan and Cunningham.

Where else then for strengthening? Another CB would be nice but don’t see that without someone going out. Maybe another midfielder to cover for the Grant injury and mean that Hynes can actually play RB on his return?

49 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

That’s the bigger framed centre forward ticked off the list then, happy to have that option and should offer a nice alternative to Allan and Cunningham.

Where else then for strengthening? Another CB would be nice but don’t see that without someone going out. Maybe another midfielder to cover for the Grant injury and mean that Hynes can actually play RB on his return?

Anything that involves more height and physicality. Probably not centre half for that reason.

We definitely need a midfielder given the loss of Grant/Gomis and the general lack of ballwinning in there.

2 hours ago, SLClyde said:

At least he won’t be scoring against us now 😂

I'm aff to put a bet on Peterheid 1 (Rennie o.g.) Clyde 0 then.... :lol:

Actually it's more likely he will come back and haunt the Blue Toon which is good news for you guys. 

Would love to know the conversation with Rennie..”Hi there, do you fancy coming to Clyde, where there is a 50-50 chance of automatic relegation, no home and even less money…?  “ Must some personal reasons for moving down her I would suggest like work/family stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Bob731 said:

Would love to know the conversation with Rennie..”Hi there, do you fancy coming to Clyde, where there is a 50-50 chance of automatic relegation, no home and even less money…?  “ Must some personal reasons for moving down her I would suggest like work/family stuff. 

He had been on loan at Open Goal so every chance. 

21 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

We are also possibly getting a CB the duffman has worked with before

Ryan McGeever has barely kicked a ball for us this season, and when he has we've either been beaten or he's been sent-off after 12 minutes. He badly needs gametime after being out since October 2021, and is someone who was excellent for us under Duffy.

Granted you'd need to give him time to get up to speed, and he's our captain - so I can't see him being loaned out. But I also wouldn't be totally against it, especially when it would be to a club at a higher level.

If they stay fit, he won't displace Stuart Carswell and Gregor Buchanan the way they are playing. We've only lost once all season with Carswell and Buchanan as a centre-half pairing and we have Martin McNiff, Edin Lynch and Aron Lynas who can all drop into CB in case of emergencies.

I'm just chucking names about really. But he seems the most likely of the centre-halves Duffy had when he was our boss (although there's nothing to suggest it's a DFC connection in this signing).

29 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Ryan McGeever has barely kicked a ball for us this season, and when he has we've either been beaten or he's been sent-off after 12 minutes. He badly needs gametime after being out since October 2021, and is someone who was excellent for us under Duffy.

Granted you'd need to give him time to get up to speed, and he's our captain - so I can't see him being loaned out. But I also wouldn't be totally against it, especially when it would be to a club at a higher level.

If they stay fit, he won't displace Stuart Carswell and Gregor Buchanan the way they are playing. We've only lost once all season with Carswell and Buchanan as a centre-half pairing and we have Martin McNiff, Edin Lynch and Aron Lynas who can all drop into CB in case of emergencies.

I'm just chucking names about really. But he seems the most likely of the centre-halves Duffy had when he was our boss (although there's nothing to suggest it's a DFC connection in this signing).

Seems like you have plenty of options and a settled centre back pairing. Wouldn’t be against it, whether it be a loan or permanent move. 

My only concern would be building a team of Duffy type players if we aren’t giving him the job past the season end, which I’m hoping we don’t. 

On 17/01/2023 at 12:24, CM. said:

Another body in apparently. Scored against us this season

On 17/01/2023 at 20:04, CM. said:

🌱🦋ClockworkDolly🦋 na Twitter: "@MarcCorbishley @RoyWalkerLegend I loved  it when he said that. 😂 “It's good, but it's not right.” 😂 It was a much  better show, he was far more engaging with

Believe he's getting looked at too 

On 18/01/2023 at 15:35, Ocelot1877 said:

All these posters should be pretty easy to spot at the next game 

D861DAB8-0231-4973-A8EE-195BA2CD13F2.thumb.webp.cf4d0da1d4fecbb2150ff492055f9b04.webp

K of the D from the K of the H.