Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, CM. said:

If Thicot and Duthie are on what I've been told then we could get 3 or 4 decent L1 players for their wage combined. Thicot is utter shite and Duthie, although a promising league debut at QOS, hasn't been seen since. 

Because he got halved in two in that game and since had a heart condition sorted out. 

On 15/01/2023 at 18:19, Scott-Replay said:

I see Joe Bevan, who we had in for our Glasgow Cup games last season, scored on his second appearance for Albion Rovers yesterday. I’m not saying he’d have been the answer to our problems but at 18 years old he might be one to watch.

I look forward to him scoring many, many goals against us next season, of course.

That will be "another player" im hearing Danny didnt want on back of our so called poor recruitment team advice...

Lot of blame and finger pointing im wrong areas and im very close to confident our rectuitment team (who are on a pittance compared to other previous staff members) didnt recommend many of these first team or squad indiviuals..

Foreva n Eva🇾🇪

20 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

That will be "another player" im hearing Danny didnt want on back of our so called poor recruitment team advice...

Lot of blame and finger pointing im wrong areas and im very close to confident our rectuitment team (who are on a pittance compared to other previous staff members) didnt recommend many of these first team or squad indiviuals..

Foreva n Eva🇾🇪

If it's the case that Danny Lennon didn't utilise the recruitment team's recommendations, what was the point of them being employed at all, even for a pittance?

Edited by haufdaft

18 hours ago, CM. said:

If Thicot and Duthie are on what I've been told then we could get 3 or 4 decent L1 players for their wage combined. Thicot is utter shite and Duthie, although a promising league debut at QOS, hasn't been seen since. 

I've no idea exactly what Conner Duthie is on at Clyde. But I did hear from DFC's end that we couldn't compete with what Clyde had offered, so I'm imagining he's on a decent wage. Especially given our squad on paper arguably looks like it would cost more than Clyde's with guys like Buchanan, Long, McKee and so on.

I haven’t been to a game since the Edinburgh defeat at the start of December, and I have absolutely no intention of going back this season. We are absolutely shocking from top to bottom. It’s time for the fans to to take a stand and for the remaining sufferers that continue to go to the games to boycott them. The board only see pound signs, they don’t see fans who have been following their team for years. 
take a stand and boycott the games, show the board how fed up we are and force change. 
We will be bottom of the league by 5pm on Saturday. 

forever and ever.

6 hours ago, TamClyde said:

I haven’t been to a game since the Edinburgh defeat at the start of December, and I have absolutely no intention of going back this season. We are absolutely shocking from top to bottom. It’s time for the fans to to take a stand and for the remaining sufferers that continue to go to the games to boycott them. The board only see pound signs, they don’t see fans who have been following their team for years. 
take a stand and boycott the games, show the board how fed up we are and force change. 
We will be bottom of the league by 5pm on Saturday. 

forever and ever.

I really don't understand how this helps.

Fans boycott the club. The impact is there is less money for the club.

Since board members have no personal financial interest it only damages the club. They're volunteers. They're not great but it's all we have.

There's no rival board waiting in the wings to take over. 

Board resigns. Then what?

If there's something I'm missing, please set me right.

1 hour ago, David W said:

Ola Adeyemo who was released from Peterhead at end of December probably the most realistic shout.

Good grief. If we’re signing a boy that couldn’t get a game in one of the poorest sides the divisions seen in a while, there really is no hope. 

Hes 28 and appears to have less than 15 career goals. That’s sub-Rob Jones levels of garbage.