Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

11 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Constanty negativity on here

Oh my god 😂 what do you expect ya dafty.

A right back that’s barely played 20 first team games by the age of 24 doesn’t exactly inspire confidence does it. 

Can’t believe Lennon has wore us down so much we’re now giving it “aw it’s great that we’ve signed a right back to play at right back”. Obviously I hope he does well and it works out but I’m going to park my excitement for the moment. 

Hynes is a good player and I think he will do well for you.

Fast, good going forward, and can put in good crosses.  His weakness is the defensive side of his game, but I would hope that Duffy will be able to help him improve on that area.  Duffy has shown in the past that he can bring on young defenders - Lamie & Kilday looked pretty suspect when they first joined us, and both ended up being really solid.

Darren hasn’t played enough senior games for a guy his age, and through no fault of his own - our management prior to McPherson ignored him instead of giving him game time or loaning him out as would usually be the case with an academy graduate, which means he is probably a year or 2 behind where he should be in his development.  Hopefully now with game time and the right coach, he will get the chance to fulfil his potential with you guys.  He definitely has all the ability to potentially be a really good full back/wing back.

Edited by Vril

48 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Oh my god 😂 what do you expect ya dafty.

A right back that’s barely played 20 first team games by the age of 24 doesn’t exactly inspire confidence does it. 

Can’t believe Lennon has wore us down so much we’re now giving it “aw it’s great that we’ve signed a right back to play at right back”. Obviously I hope he does well and it works out but I’m going to park my excitement for the moment. 

normal service has resumed. Finally someone talking sense

3 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

normal service has resumed. Finally someone talking sense

Why does anyone engage in conversation with this individual? Time for him to be put on ignore with the other saddo he is in agreement with.

39 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Cassidy was never going to be up to the standard and Rodden was miles off it, a good move letting them both go. 

I'm a bit surprised we didn't have more of a look at Rodden on the left of midfield given he was a decent footballer, with a good cross and he did well as a sub there. He genuinely looked like he had never defended though. No idea what Lennon was thinking bringing him in to play left back.

Hopefully getting rid of two more bodies is a sign that some of the injured ones are nearing fitness, or there are other new players on the way.

36 minutes ago, The 55 said:

Why does anyone engage in conversation with this individual? Time for him to be put on ignore with the other saddo he is in agreement with.

clearly your a rangers fan so why should we engage with you supporting a new start  club with less honours than us

Not having Grant is a huge blow,  you would think we will need someone in that area now. We were desperately needing him to slow the game down against Kelty at 1-1.

Duthie back would make a big difference.