Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

What exactly are this recruitment team bringing to the table? It’s bad enough they refused to speak up at the fans forum when given the chance but that aside the players we have recruited are mostly garbage. How much of a salary are we paying these guys because whatever it is, it’s money down the drain.

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

What exactly are this recruitment team bringing to the table? 

Ultimately we do not know as the question has never to my knowledge been asked. My understanding was through Lennons own admission the recruitment issues lied with him- “ I have final say on player recruitment” or words to that effect-There were suggestions that perhaps Lennon didn’t want to work with them or take on advice from them. If true you either move on the manager and find one willing to work with your salaried recruitment team or you move on the recruitment team and give free rein to the manager. 

It’s all fair and well saying they are comedians or a waste of a wage etc but ultimately we don’t know the relationship or the way the relationship worked.

You would think at a fan owned club these things would be transparent.

Edited by Ocelot1877

22 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I was wondering this myself

When it was announced we had a recruitment team I pissed myself laughing wondering WHY we needed them they have brought to the club f**k all Robertson said at the supporters meeting it was Lennon that wanted them couple of shitebags

Good first half against an awful team but if we can sort out the mess on our left side defensively then that would be appreciated. Its 2 v 1 against Hendji every time, and we should arguably be looking to double up on Smith. Maybe put Cunningham on left side.

On 31/12/2022 at 11:58, Dunning1874 said:

You're in need of a right back aye? Considering Duffy's love of signing players from Morton when he was at Dumbarton I could see Darren Hynes ending up with you, with Liam Grimshaw signing up for the rest of the season he'll be third choice and probably won't play again for us.

On 31/12/2022 at 13:33, Scott-Replay said:

He’s previously played for Gretna 2008 so he meets our other criteria for signing players.

:lol: 

More of the same. Relatively strong centre of the team, absolutely garbage elsewhere. Not being able to find a better right back than Lyon is absolutely mental. Hamilton just attacked us down both wings at ease.

I think we deserved for Roberts last minute hit to go in, sums the season up that it didn't.

Sula will be disappointed he didn't close the player down better at the second equaliser but he played well. As did Roberts, Grant and Cuddihy.

The amount of late goals and penalties conceded this season is an absolute farce.

That’s the last 3 games in a row we’ve given up a winner to the opposition after 80mins.

It’s just a lack of bottle throughout the team.

Also don’t want to single out Paul Kennedy as he’s generally been fine but why can he never play 90 mins?

2 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

The amount of late goals and penalties conceded this season is an absolute farce.

That’s the last 3 games in a row we’ve given up a winner to the opposition after 80mins.

It’s just a lack of bottle throughout the team.

Also don’t want to single out Paul Kennedy as he’s generally been fine but why can he never play 90 mins?

Because he can only play 60 

Thoroughly depressing again. Once Hamilton took off their ringers they were miles on top. Unfortunately, we didn’t couldn’t take our ringers off as they’re all we’ve got.

Plenty of effort, the customary cheap, late goal conceded and we looked knackered after 70 minutes. I can understand why we looked knackered having played with largely the same players as on Saturday, but it happens every single game. We’re just so poor down both sides too. Terribly grim stuff. As David mentioned, a few played well, and Sula was an improvement over Thicot. Roberts really unlucky with the last kick of the ball. I’ve no idea how the ball hit the post at that angle and stayed out.

When will the next win come? Answers on a post card, please!

Sula played well and we need to give him and Grant a run of games together. As has been said the middle of the team looks fairly decent now, Roberts especially has really improved as the season has gone on. 

The wings are so below standard though, not sure if Kennedy was injured but bringing Cameron on is just a waste of time as he brings zero to the team.