Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Just asking, what do Clyde supporters now see as their team's target for the end of this league season ?

Is it now only about aiming for ninth spot and hoping to win a play-off ? Would that be a successful outcome for this season ?

28 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Just asking, what do Clyde supporters now see as their team's target for the end of this league season ?

Is it now only about aiming for ninth spot and hoping to win a play-off ? Would that be a successful outcome for this season ?

Winning a play off couldn’t be described as successful, but it’s as good as it’s going to get. 

Look back to summer 2019 when we were promoted. A real feel good factor around the club with a promising squad to add to. 

Now....absolutely rank rotten. Board have ripped the arse out this club and the fucking cowards hide every game now rather than face the fans to the mess they have made of the club on and off the field. They have taken this club back 30 years. Homeless, potless, gutless with a poor Lowland league standard squad and a complete finished dinosaur of a manager. 

I thought last years squad was hated but this squad takes the biscuit and sadly more and more will walk away and find better things to do on a Saturday. Once people go it's extremely hard to entice them back. 

This board should be held accountable for all of it and f**k off. They've killed this club. 

Sack the board. Cowards the lot of them!!

1 hour ago, bullyweehutch said:

Look back to summer 2019 when we were promoted. A real feel good factor around the club with a promising squad to add to. 

Now....absolutely rank rotten. Board have ripped the arse out this club and the fucking cowards hide every game now rather than face the fans to the mess they have made of the club on and off the field. They have taken this club back 30 years. Homeless, potless, gutless with a poor Lowland league standard squad and a complete finished dinosaur of a manager. 

I thought last years squad was hated but this squad takes the biscuit and sadly more and more will walk away and find better things to do on a Saturday. Once people go it's extremely hard to entice them back. 

This board should be held accountable for all of it and f**k off. They've killed this club. 

Honestly behind the scenes is absolute mess at board level in fighting feeding the egos of others Alexander is a fucking snake, why Taylor is still about I don't know, Never seen anything like it.

2 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Honestly behind the scenes is absolute mess at board level in fighting feeding the egos of others Alexander is a fucking snake, why Taylor is still about I don't know, Never seen anything like it.

Maybe the board should contact Netflix an' try to convince them to commission a 'fly on the wall' docuseries? We could be the next Tiger King!

1 hour ago, bullyweehutch said:

What happens then?

Genuine question 

Clubs skint, where does it turn, what do you do, how do you survive

1 minute ago, No Jags Please said:

What happens then?

Genuine question 

Clubs skint, where does it turn, what do you do, how do you survive

I really don't have the answer but could we formally put the club on the market to guage whether there are any potential buyers out there?

I understand that would need to be voted through by the owners but I think it's definitely worth looking at. I don't feel we have anything to lose at this point. You never know...there may be a multimillionaire out there looking for a new plaything. Billy Carmichael 2.0, come on down!

Anyone who wanted to own and operate the club would approach it whether it was or wasn't formally on the market. It's all well and good calling for the entirety of the board to be binned but the simple fact is we'd need folk to fill those positions and it's been clear for a long time that there is virtually nobody - connected to the club or otherwise - with the requisite interest and/or competencies to do so. 

36 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

I left before FT and overtook our commercial director before the Whirlies.  

30 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

I really don't have the answer but could we formally put the club on the market to guage whether there are any potential buyers out there?

I understand that would need to be voted through by the owners but I think it's definitely worth looking at. I don't feel we have anything to lose at this point. You never know...there may be a multimillionaire out there looking for a new plaything. Billy Carmichael 2.0, come on down!

We need someone with a whole lot of money and no brains.

No ground, no players, dwindling fanbase and non business people with their hands on the levers...Not attractive to many.

Dino Jim saying in his post match essentially that's he's threw the towel in and didn't think he could turn it around when he took the job. 

Brilliant thanks you relic of the game. 

If he doesn't give a f**k why should we as paying fans who spend their time and money following the team. I've honestly never felt so disconnected and angry at the club. Finished.

I don't know if the concept of a CIC is itself bad; there are other teams that make fan ownership work. It should be scalable to our level.

Clearly we are doing it wrong. Can anyone explain what purpose our current set-up actually serves? It doesn't generate finance, and it doesn't engage the fanbase. 

My consistent opinion is that saying Sack the Board is lazy; there will be people involved with useful skills and experience. However, blatantly we lack ideas and direction. For example, we were told that we had a massive financial hole to fill due to giving Danny Lennon a budget we couldn't afford. What effort/initiatives have been put in place to fill this void? 

Duffy sounds like a beaten man in that interview, which to be honest is a bit ridiculous given his short stint in charge. 

He says his objective was to make us better, there’s no difference since Lennon left. 

I actually thought Duffy was quite quiet on the touch line today, he doesn’t give off the impression he’s that bothered. 

Edited by SLClyde