Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I wonder if we’ll be talking to killie to extend Craig’s loan, we absolutely can’t have Rodden and Nyamsi as our left backs. They are both players who should be leaving. 

Kyle Connell released by killie today, been on loan at raith in the first half and scored 9 in a poor east fife team last year, a striker we could maybe look at. 

A decent right back, midfielder to replace Gomis and striker really needed. 

Obviously I’m in fantasy land here, but it would be would be unbelievable if we could move, Rodden, Nyamsi, Lyon, Cameron, McDonald and with Gomis away make room for Full backs that are actually footballers.

Midfield player being either a solid dirty Bam or mobile or need I say creative.

A forward that can actually keep possession and cause defences a problem at least and support Allan. 

Pretty impossible ask I know but can only live in hope. Main problem who would want any of Lennon’s “exciting young players”? 

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Obviously I’m in fantasy land here, but it would be would be unbelievable if we could move, Rodden, Nyamsi, Lyon, Cameron, McDonald and with Gomis away make room for Full backs that are actually footballers.

Midfield player being either a solid dirty Bam or mobile or need I say creative.

A forward that can actually keep possession and cause defences a problem at least and support Allan. 

Pretty impossible ask I know but can only live in hope. Main problem who would want any of Lennon’s “exciting young players”? 

As much as I agree that all of those players could be moved on other than McDonald as I think he has a bit about him, it’s unlikely to find enough available and better players to replace. 

The answer to your last question is Gretna. 

It’s an interesting  debate regarding McDonald, I know a lot of the support like him, personally I don’t see too much in him at all.
Yes he tries hard as you’d expect, looks like he has ability, but he offers absolutely no presence whatsoever up front. I don’t think any defender in L1 would worry about lining up against him at all.
Basically that’s my point, he is not a L1 striker, sorry to say. So if anyone would have him, I’d 100% move him on.

Edited by FREDDYFRY

7 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Yeah you are living in fantasy land

No one will take any those players because they are they are the poor players in an overall poor squad

Dont expect to see many changes this month other than maybe one in to replace Gomis

9 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Yeah you are living in fantasy land

No one will take any those players because they are they are the poor players in an overall poor squad

Dont expect to see many changes this month other than maybe one in to replace Gomis

Agreed

4 hours ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Adam Livingston just left his club, would take him in a heartbeat till the end of the season. Miles above what we have at left back 

He signed for Stafford rangers and only lasted a few weeks then moved to Hednesford Town. Would also have him back if he came back up the road. 

Livingstone is the exact type of player we need, which makes me think the club has no intention of making a move for him.

Along the same lines, Morton just released Kyle Jacobs. Chances are he’ll be signing permanently with Edinburgh where he’s been on loan, but we should be looking to bring him in too imo.

1 minute ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Talking of ex players. How about perhaps a return for howie on loan..

Only played 1/3rd of alloa's games and talk of them bringing in Morgyn Neill from Cove pushing him further down the subs bench...

Versaitity reasons

Neil’s staying with Cove as Hartley wants to keep him.

I really thought we’d have had someone through the door for the Kelty game tomorrow.

Saying that, it’s probably wise not to immediately pull the trigger and sign trialists, but you have to imagine Duffy will have had free agent bodies training with us or at least put the feelers out for loans.

Expecting we're waiting closer to the end of the transfer window to pick up any sloppy seconds.

I'd guess two eight stone, eighteen year olds who'll play a cumulative 11 minutes over the the rest of the season.

*I'm on the brink of not really caring anymore