Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

You're in need of a right back aye? Considering Duffy's love of signing players from Morton when he was at Dumbarton I could see Darren Hynes ending up with you, with Liam Grimshaw signing up for the rest of the season he'll be third choice and probably won't play again for us.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

You're in need of a right back aye? Considering Duffy's love of signing players from Morton when he was at Dumbarton I could see Darren Hynes ending up with you, with Liam Grimshaw signing up for the rest of the season he'll be third choice and probably won't play again for us.

He’s previously played for Gretna 2008 so he meets our other criteria for signing players.

The slide has been unbelievable since DGW decided he wanted to go earlier on in the year. I’ve said this before, but my hat goes off to anyone willing to travel to away games given the team’s current predicament. Really sad to see this situation…again. Future looks very very bleak.

3 hours ago, Bob731 said:

The slide has been unbelievable since DGW decided he wanted to go earlier on in the year. I’ve said this before, but my hat goes off to anyone willing to travel to away games given the team’s current predicament. Really sad to see this situation…again. Future looks very very bleak.

Agreed :(

On 31/12/2022 at 20:11, Bob731 said:

The slide has been unbelievable since DGW decided he wanted to go earlier on in the year. 

We have been on the slide since the promotion season and got worse and worse each year

This season we don’t have DGW to mask how bad the rest the squad is by baling us out of games single handed

Unfortunately we have a squad this year that when released at the end of the season most will end up at LL level at best

9 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

5 league wins in a calendar year must be the worst ever in the clubs history 

I found 1 win in the whole of 1902 and decided to not go back further as the number of games each year was too small. That was out of 24 games, as opposed to the 37 in 2022.

Here are the worst calendar years, in terms of league wins, since then:

2022 - 5

2017 - 5

2010 - 5

1990 - 6

1979 - 6

1971 - 5

1969 - 6

1919 - 6