Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

9 hours ago, Harry Haddock said:

Finnart have turned down a joint approach.

Original story with Finnart was a pitch on Glasgow Green or more precise Fleshers Haugh.

If the city go pro the locals then the Clyde gig is a no no having spent 95% of their history outside the city.

34 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Original story with Finnart was a pitch on Glasgow Green or more precise Fleshers Haugh.

If the city go pro the locals then the Clyde gig is a no no having spent 95% of their history outside the city.

Can’t believe it’s 136 years since Clyde left Glasgow. Feels like yesterday. 

Leadership of Clyde FC have did a lot of talking over the best part of 40 years.

Even going by reading posts on Pie and Bovril, Clyde have approached Shettleston Juniors, listened to and then quietly laughed at. Rutherglen Glencairn, listened to then laughed at. Don't even mention the East Kilbride story that must be over 50 years old.

I wish Clyde FC every success with the Crownpoint gig but........

57 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Leadership of Clyde FC have did a lot of talking over the best part of 40 years.

Even going by reading posts on Pie and Bovril, Clyde have approached Shettleston Juniors, listened to and then quietly laughed at. Rutherglen Glencairn, listened to then laughed at. Don't even mention the East Kilbride story that must be over 50 years old.

I’m not sure you understand how years work

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Also an offer on the table for Shawfield to Mr King, which was refused. That ship has since sailed unfortunately 

9 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Also an offer on the table for Shawfield to Mr King, which was refused. That ship has since sailed unfortunately 

10 hours ago, PossilYM said:

I think we were initially looking at EK circa 1960 with an attempt to take over their junior side. Then Third Lanark were looking seriously at EK around the same time - wonder what happened to them? Then the botched attempt to take over Accies in 1970. I’d forgotten about Rutherglen! There was also talk of Lesser Hampden and Rosebery Park too IIRC?

IMHO and based on everything above I honestly don’t see Crownpoint happening- although I’m happy to be proved wrong

Obviously the fantasy option is I have a good Euromillions win and buy Shawfield 

23 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

I am getting FC Edinburgh meadowbank vibes from this , not another binocular view please .... 

image.png.e736ed387f0db23a041ad14cdf65db54.png

From a cursory glance, I guess it's more likely to be a Raith Rovers or Brechin-esque development. Assuming that building on Cubie Street is it's own thing leaving the two areas behind the goals to have a traditionalish stand/changing facilites.

Of course the small terraces like Kelty have are probably viable up the sides. It'll certainly be a scale down from what we're used to visiting Clyde but you can still fit a tidy facility in.

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

image.png.e736ed387f0db23a041ad14cdf65db54.png

From a cursory glance, I guess it's more likely to be a Raith Rovers or Brechin-esque development. Assuming that building on Cubie Street is it's own thing leaving the two areas behind the goals to have a traditionalish stand/changing facilites.

Of course the small terraces like Kelty have are probably viable up the sides. It'll certainly be a scale down from what we're used to visiting Clyde but you can still fit a tidy facility in.

I think it's the pitch with the running track around it, I'm afraid, as that already has an existing stand.