Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Whatever you think of the state of the club or squad, a bit of credit is due for that win, pitch was horrible, couldn't really play football on it, no idea if Elgin are any good. Had to dig deep with 10 men and world class penalties 😉 can we lobby the SPFL to see if we can bring in penalties for draws in the league please 🙏

Neil Parry kept us in it btw and got us the victory in the end, well done big man 👏

The journey home was made alot easier with a W.

For anyone not already aware, the formal bids for CP have now been published on the Glasgow CC website. It’s ourselves and a bid led by the Finnart Football Academy. We sound as if we’ve consulted quite heavily on the athletics side of things to make sure everything goes smoothly on that side of things. Finnart are based in the east end and have a big youth operation already so it isn’t a foregone conclusion but we’ll see how it goes.

1 hour ago, bothendsburning said:

I've just read the applications on the Glasgow CC website from ourselves and Finnart. Going by what I have read, if we fail to lad this, I dread to think  ....

I did as well. Finnart can't even be bothered getting the name of the site correct!

I think on the face of it it’s a very good and well prepared bid.

At the end of the day looks like the decision might well be based on whether the council want purely grass roots youth football or a senior team based in the area.
Or.. if the want more than just the pitch and changing areas passed over or not? 

Interesting times.

On 19/12/2022 at 16:53, Ignoramus said:

For anyone not already aware, the formal bids for CP have now been published on the Glasgow CC website. It’s ourselves and a bid led by the Finnart Football Academy. We sound as if we’ve consulted quite heavily on the athletics side of things to make sure everything goes smoothly on that side of things. Finnart are based in the east end and have a big youth operation already so it isn’t a foregone conclusion but we’ll see how it goes.

Finnart Star from Bridgeton.

Pretty well known to any football people in the area including a few old time Shawfield punters.