Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

14 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

Folk can say what they want about OG Broomhill and their bubble may well burst but within 6 months of moving to Broadwood they’ve have crowds of 1000+ on a few occasions, something we really struggled to do. Obviously your man Ferry is a huge part of that and they’re clearly hooring themselves out to Old Firm fans, but fair fucks to them for trying something different. Even a few extra social media posts during the week of a home game whilst the Premiership is on a break for the WC would’ve been a start. People are being priced out of going to games at the top level and we should be using it to our advantage but instead we’re being shown up by teams 2 divisions below. 

One obvious way for clubs to bump up support in this day and age is social media engagement. Player interviews, training videos, literally anything. It's got to be content, content, content. Keep promoting the club. Even if that means that some of the younger fans are more engaged and continue their support, it helps. Clubs like Open Goal and Hashtag United are obviously an extreme example of this, having built up a following before even having a team, but the lack of anything at all coming out of the club is just a sign of intense malaise.

Fair play to the boys running the podcast for trying to increase fan engagement, but even then what do they get for their time? Absolute VLs on here giving them a keyboard tanking.

On 29/11/2022 at 13:38, Brian Carrigan said:

One obvious way for clubs to bump up support in this day and age is social media engagement. Player interviews, training videos, literally anything. It's got to be content, content, content. Keep promoting the club. Even if that means that some of the younger fans are more engaged and continue their support, it helps. Clubs like Open Goal and Hashtag United are obviously an extreme example of this, having built up a following before even having a team, but the lack of anything at all coming out of the club is just a sign of intense malaise.

Fair play to the boys running the podcast for trying to increase fan engagement, but even then what do they get for their time? Absolute VLs on here giving them a keyboard tanking.

ENGLAND TO WIN THE WORLD CUP- CLYDE TO WIN A LEAGUE GAME BEFORE THE END OF THE SEASON

Genuine question. I'm not trying to take the piss.

In today's game and last week's match, what were Clyde's tactics. What were we trying to do?

All I see are high balls to Allan's head/chest (if they go anywhere near him at all).

We continuously missed out midfield.

Is that it? Is that our tactics?

The whole club is dead from top to bottom and appointing Duffy was the final nail in the coffin.

The way this club is being run. Give it 2-5 years and we are nomads in the Lowland league playing infront for 200-300.
Clubs fucked.
Ran like amateurs by amateurs.

Victim to its own CIC

38 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Genuine question. I'm not trying to take the piss.

In today's game and last week's match, what were Clyde's tactics. What were we trying to do?

All I see are high balls to Allan's head/chest (if they go anywhere near him at all).

We continuously missed out midfield.

Is that it? Is that our tactics?

Watching the likes of Cuddihy, Sula and Grant punting balls into the channels is absolute murder. It is unwatchable rubbish and detracts from those player's qualities. You'd be as well benching Grant if we are playing that way.

It is even worse when you consider that Allan, for all he is a hard worker and goalscorer, undeniably a good signing, is rubbish at holding the ball up. He simply doesn't retain possession long enough for anyone to get up in support. He needs to play off someone.

We were obviously awful under Lennon but this squad is not set up in anyway to play as an agricultural rabble.

Absolutely brutal, the amount of times we simply give the ball to the opposition is absurd. Without Cunningham as an out ball we are no threat and our defence will always concede. Our fall to league 2 is inevitable. Duffy might just keep us in League 2... Maybe that's the plan

That was an absolutely disgraceful display. 9 pea hearts plus Roberts and Allan who at least put in a bit of effort. We have 3 giant centre halves and not a single player who can deliver a set piece. Olly McDonald looked a decent find at the start of the season but the longer it goes on, the more out his depth he looks. 

That was an absolutely disgraceful display. 9 pea hearts plus Roberts and Allan who at least put in a bit of effort. We have 3 giant centre halves and not a single player who can deliver a set piece. Olly McDonald looked a decent find at the start of the season but the longer it goes on, the more out his depth he looks. 

And to think...the budget will be on par with the WOSL 3rd division next year
Clubs fucked

59 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

And to think...the budget will be on par with the WOSL 3rd division next year
Clubs fucked

Clearly this year's budget can't be much better, given we apparently can't even pay for an assistant manager.

Much as I have a great degree of sympathy for the board and have no doubt they work hard, they must be held equally as culpable as the previous manager for the club's inevitable slide down to L2.  I only hope this isn't the start of our tumble into oblivion, but with so many teams starting to come up from non-league with bigger budgets, and aspirations, you do have to wonder how much further things can tumble without some sort of drastic intervention

On 04/12/2022 at 21:21, GroundskeeperWillie said:

Clearly this year's budget can't be much better, given we apparently can't even pay for an assistant manager.

Much as I have a great degree of sympathy for the board and have no doubt they work hard, they must be held equally as culpable as the previous manager for the club's inevitable slide down to L2.  I only hope this isn't the start of our tumble into oblivion, but with so many teams starting to come up from non-league with bigger budgets, and aspirations, you do have to wonder how much further things can tumble without some sort of drastic intervention

WHAT IS GOING ON DOESNT ANYONE HAVE ANY VIEWS OR OPINIONS ON OUR WONDERFUL FOOTBALL CLUB GOOD OR NOT SO GOOD

If we compare those who purport to run our  country(Scotland that is) as being more suited to run a Community Council then where does that put the Clyde Board? I was astounded at the AGM to hear our Chairman state that Clyde FC was not in decline.Dare I suggest he would struggle to get on a school’s PTA.