Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

45 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

What's the long-term plan for Clyde? Given that the ground requirements are less stringent than they were, could you not move back to Glasgow?

We are hoping of the fantasy of getting the gig at Crownpoint and moving there in next 3-5 year

However when that inevitably goes tits-up there is no plan B (as admitted at the recent supporters meeting) so basically we are f43£Ed and will end up in the LL in the next 5 years (as with no home, a dwindling aging fanbase, and no way to grow the fanbase) then that the logical conclusion unless some Clyde fan wins the EuroMillions

5 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

We are hoping of the fantasy of getting the gig at Crownpoint and moving there in next 3-5 year

However when that inevitably goes tits-up there is no plan B (as admitted at the recent supporters meeting) so basically we are f43£Ed and will end up in the LL in the next 5 years (as with no home, a dwindling aging fanbase, and no way to grow the fanbase) then that the logical conclusion unless some Clyde fan wins the EuroMillions

Crownpoint's not far from me. 😃 Why could it not happen? I suppose you'd need to build a perimeter fence, turnstiles, etc. But it's feasible.

5 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

Crownpoint's not far from me. 😃 Why could it not happen? I suppose you'd need to build a perimeter fence, turnstiles, etc. But it's feasible.

It Clyde FC we are talking about

If anyone can make a dogs dinner of it we will

Just can’t see the council give the keys over to us

18 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Why would anyone let a club with about 200 fans build anything resembling a football stadium. It’s a pipe dream, and will never happen. 

You guys are unbelievable we have just been knocked out the Scottish cup by a league 2 team with 2 Clyde rejects in it and all you can do is dream about moving to a stadium at crown point. We have a manager at the end of an unimpressive career and a squad that would struggle to compete in the lowland league. If any of you were at the game these are worrying times and I doubt Jim Duffy will get to the end of the season before he is also sacked.

2 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

You guys are unbelievable we have just been knocked out the Scottish cup by a league 2 team with 2 Clyde rejects in it and all you can do is dream about moving to a stadium at crown point. We have a manager at the end of an unimpressive career and a squad that would struggle to compete in the lowland league. If any of you were at the game these are worrying times and I doubt Jim Duffy will get to the end of the season before he is also sacked.

2 Clyde rejects 😂 

What's the long-term plan for Clyde? Given that the ground requirements are less stringent than they were, could you not move back to Glasgow?

While most of our time on here is taken up arguing over the arrangement of the deckchairs on the titanic, this is the question that needs discussion.

It’s looking to me like leaving Broadwood has been a colossal mistake, especially with nothing but pipe dreams in place. At least half of our support these days is from Cumbernauld and the surrounding area. The move to hamilton seems to have crowds down considerably, the hardcore are still there of course but a lot of the walk ups and occasional fans are gone. Can any business afford to so recklessly lose customers in the current climate? There is little prospect of making this up short term but have we even tried? Reduced entry for Accies season ticket holders / free entry for under 16s if accompanied by an adult, have we thought of anything to try and boost numbers at NDP? To me all our home games seem like matches at a neutral venue these days, it’s grim. It looks increasingly like we bailed out early to try and paint it as a victory for us instead of sitting tight another season and seeing what options arose.

We were told by a few previous managers that broadwood itself was a selling point to players too, a very decent facility for clubs at our level, now we just a homeless club playing out of hamilton.

If the move to crownpoint does come about it will be owned by Glasgow city council I assume and rented by us so how is this going to differ from our arrangements at broadwood? I can’t see GCC turning over pitch hire fees etc and all the extra community based monies to our coffers. What exactly are we bringing to the table as by then it might not even be ‘an SPFL club’.

The financial projections for the next couple of seasons are grim and I again come back to us continually being told all the revenue streams we couldn’t tap at broadwood were holding us back. (Remember the mighty Annan and their social club being held up as a model of success). We are selling our own pints and curries pre-match at NDP are we not? Yet still it seems we cannot compete with even the top half of league 2.

What is the vision for how we push the club forward? Answers on a postcard to the board please.

There has been no long term vision or stability at the club for a very long time, Danny Lennon had to work with 4 different Chairmen in his tenure as manager, a ludicrous statement in its self.  

It’s been evident for a while that our current board don’t have a clue how to grow the club and relied heavily on the party line of “ Broadwood was a noose around the clubs neck”. Ultimately with that excuse in place there’s not much incentive to try and get things better. Ultimately Clyde have became a league 2 team in waiting, hopefully we can be up the right end of the table when the time comes to go back down 

Will crownpoint ever materialise or be any different to our situation at Broadwood? Time will tell but,  when Clyde moved to Broadwood the proposition of having a football team and the football climate was very very different.

The club needs gutted from top to bottom however as long as we keep putting volunteers in key positions on the board  I’m afraid we won’t be able to attract the level of people we need or the roles get the time they need, and there is no money to fix that issue. 

Edited by Ocelot1877

The financial projections for the next couple of seasons are grim and I again come back to us continually being told all the revenue streams we couldn’t tap at broadwood were holding us back. (Remember the mighty Annan and their social club being held up as a model of success). We are selling our own pints and curries pre-match at NDP are we not? Yet still it seems we cannot compete with even the top half of league 2.

Anyone who ever believes that selling some food and drink for a couple of hours every second week makes any difference whatsoever has no grasp on economic reality.  If you owned a social club that had a vibrant business 7 days a week and a pitch to rent out, then you are now having a worthwhile discussion but only trading when the football is on is just laughable.

There has been no long term vision or stability at the club for a very long time, Danny Lennon had to work with 4 different Chairmen in his tenure as manager, a ludicrous statement in its self.  

Is that because anyone who gets close enough to the detail sees the scale of the challenge in its current format, and decides against taking on the stressful challenge?

Is Crownpoint not a long time plan? Surely it is. Broadwood and NDP are/were not

Broadwood WAS a considerable mill stone around our neck that left is no room for us to grow financially. We all knew that.

If I recall correctly, Season Tickets sales are up at NDP this season compared to Broadwood.

The fan experience is much better at NDP compared to Broadwood.

I don't know if Crownpoint will happen and I don't know if it will be a success. However, it's a chance worth taking as the alternatives do not address the big issues of income and spending power.

I think the point is we are expecting GCC and 'partners' (whoever they are) to build Crownpoint which to my mind is going to end up in an NLC/Broadwood scenario again. You could argue that since Clyde sold Shawfield to the dugs (1932! 😂) we've been parasites ever since and we actually don't have the skills or resources any more to do something on this scale off our own back

My understanding from the meeting etc is that if we get the Crownpoint transfer over the line it will be ours to run completely with no interference or input from anyone else, unless we go into partnership with another body.

For example the other interested party who may have placed an interest in the place?

Happy to be corrected on this.

Edited by FREDDYFRY

7 hours ago, The 55 said:

Anyone who ever believes that selling some food and drink for a couple of hours every second week makes any difference whatsoever has no grasp on economic reality.  If you owned a social club that had a vibrant business 7 days a week and a pitch to rent out, then you are now having a worthwhile discussion but only trading when the football is on is just laughable.

There isn’t a business development manager in place at the club and they wonder why our finances are in such a mess.This should be a paid roll with incentives for the right person.

2 hours ago, SLClyde said:

It wouldn’t be for GCC to build a stadium at crownpoint, the site would be acquired through a community asset transfer then for us to do what we can with it. 

Clyde in charge of a community asset. It's like asking Rose West to babysit.

Is Crownpoint not a long time plan? Surely it is. Broadwood and NDP are/were not

Broadwood WAS a considerable mill stone around our neck that left is no room for us to grow financially. We all knew that.

If I recall correctly, Season Tickets sales are up at NDP this season compared to Broadwood.

The fan experience is much better at NDP compared to Broadwood.

I don't know if Crownpoint will happen and I don't know if it will be a success. However, it's a chance worth taking as the alternatives do not address the big issues of income and spending power.

Why was broadwood such a millstone round our necks when two lowland league teams can afford to play there, one in particular with no support to speak of? That just seems an easy line to excuse our failure to compete.

I wonder if season ticket sales include the £5 child ones. That’s a great offer and a lot of people would buy that as it costs £5 to get into a single match for a child anyway. Could be wrong on attendances as I haven’t crunched the numbers but it doesn’t seem all that busy and stand looks particularly empty in some of the highlights seeing it from the far side.