Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Issue with Lauchlan is that he has a habit of leaving teams before things get hard. 

Done well to scrape Peasy up on the last day last year then left as soon as he started losing some players. Left EK after losing the playoff final v Cowdenbeath. Left Rossvale halfway through the season after getting them promoted 

Seems like he only wants promotions/ success on his CV and avoids the challenge. Which obviously doesn’t help us in this situation 

Edited by Ocelot1877

Given both his sons play for Clyde, I'm going to safely assume the uber charlatan *he who must not be named* will be plugging himself for this job. If I was running a football club, I wouldn't trust the guy to even clean the boots. 

Is there a favourites list anywhere? Usually McBookie are good for that, but I can't see anything. Surely it'll be Moore that gets it?

If I recall correctly, Martin Laughlin's East Kilbride was a high spending club in comparison to other Lowland League teams

As an indicator of the monies being spent, you just need to look at the size of the disputed bonuses he was claiming from the club when he left.

They were hardly plucky upstarts punching above their weight.

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

If I recall correctly, Martin Laughlin's East Kilbride was a high spending club in comparison to other Lowland League teams

As an indicator of the monies being spent, you just need to look at the size of the disputed bonuses he was claiming from the club when he left.

They were hardly plucky upstarts punching above their weight.

IIRC Lauchy was being touted hard for Clyde manager - after Chapman (but possibly BF)?

It’s very difficult to judge “success” when talking about guys in Lower leagues. Many of them as we know are bankrolled to a higher amount relative to many of their opposition. Darvel for example, even Barry Ferguson managed to get success with Kelty for God’s sake! 

That said of course i’m not saying we shouldn’t speak to some of those guys, no reason not to rather than the Duffy’s and Yogie’s of this world. 

What we need is some rich bugger to come in and plough cash into us. But that won't happen because we have no investible assets. A failing football team with no property or home of its own is not worthwhile for an investor. We will also be behind our rivals until we have our own home and property and get rid of the failed CIC experiment. On a brighter note, at least it was only the 1 goal we've lost by again. 

3 hours ago, Ocelot1877 said:

Nobody wants Gary Bollan 

Gary Bollan simply happens 

You could do a lot worse than Gary Bollan,  We needed s nookers at Boxing Day a few seasons back , we were on a similar run as Clyde are just now, and he kept us up easily,  he isn't for the purist or the lefties in your support,    but he could well keep you up,   what's more important trying to play the right way and going down or nipping and scratching your way to survival...

37 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Only way forward is to bin the CIC and board and get in people who can run a business/football club and inject cash...otherwise we will be away to the like of Celtic and Rangers B in the Lowland

Think that is obvious but who is there willing to step in?

Sad fact is that is probably as good as we can play today, put simply we are just not good enough. Everyone put in a good shift and we competed well enough for most of the game and probably deserved a battling point. 

Unfortunately, ran out of steam not helped by the fact we had little or no options on the bench. Slight improvements probably due to playing folk in their correct position (Sula maybe exception to that). 

28 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Sad fact is that is probably as good as we can play today, put simply we are just not good enough. Everyone put in a good shift and we competed well enough for most of the game and probably deserved a battling point. 

Unfortunately, ran out of steam not helped by the fact we had little or no options on the bench. Slight improvements probably due to playing folk in their correct position (Sula maybe exception to that). 

Totally agree.  Can’t fault the players for effort but they just aren’t of the required quality

Middle to front we have no creativity 

1. Gomis - was a good player but was done 3 years ago

2. Cameron - never will be a player at this level.  Has no impact whatsoever on a game

3. Scullion - runs about but nothing comes from him

4. Ray Grant - best player we have but doesn’t offer anything from a creative viewpoint.  Needs better players around him

5. Cunningham - runs about but no end product.  Had a chance from about 10 yards but scuffed his shot - sums him up.  Don’t know why he takes the free kicks.  They either hit the wall or are over the bar

6. Roberts - runs about but no end product

Thought Allan and McDonald showed up well for their 5-10 mins on the pitch but both should have been on much sooner

Edited by Bullyweeno1

Allan should be a starter for Clyde every match. We have no one better in that position.

No idea why we waited until we were behind before making a substitution.

I also don't see what Cameron brings to the team.

Thought we were worth a point.

Two pretty poor teams that lack creativity.

It was a game I'll struggle to remember in a month's time.

7 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I’d also add that I think it’s a tough shift for Moore on his own.. did everything today including warm up etc. 

Could they at least allow him a mate to come in and give him a hand?

Corr was down on the pitch for pretty much the whole warm-up.

12 minutes ago, David W said:

Corr was down on the pitch for pretty much the whole warm-up.

I know, I probably did exaggerate a bit, but I still think he needs a hand from an actual footballer/ coach… did you see Corr him trying to pass to the back 4 during a routine😂. Honestly we are a joke just now,

Who is the other guy that takes part? The Big lad. He can’t even boot a spare ball onto the pitch. 
whole thing is embarrassing.