Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

13 hours ago, Right in the Stanchion said:

For what it's worth I reckon Duffy would be an ideal appointment for the rest of the season. He'd keep you up - has a track record of doing solid jobs on miniscule budgets and squads at Dumbarton and Morton (he was harshly sacked from both in my opinion). Not saying it's a long-term solution but it's about as safe a pair of hands you could realistically (and cheaply) go for.

Duffy wasn't sacked at Dumbarton. I tend to agree with you that he'd probably do a solid job until the end of the season though. 

I know it’s all about discussion and opinion keep it coming.. but I would only take Duffy if it was last resort, apart from the fact he always seems he doesn’t want to be there, zero interaction with fans. I don’t think I could take another load of Saturday’s watching us going for a nil - nil draw from minute one of a game. His football actually makes you feel your eyes will bleed. Please not Jim Duffy again. 

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Duffy wasn't sacked at Dumbarton. I tend to agree with you that he'd probably do a solid job until the end of the season though. 

I’d be happy with Duffy steadying the ship until the end of the season. He did it with a far worse squad in league 2 and got us to the promotion playoffs.

He might not interact with fans much but I’d rather that than someone who does but loses 9 in a row…

7 hours ago, Bob731 said:

To help you with this BWS, my point being that getting average crowds of 500 or so affects the player budget and any subsequent progress on the pitch…it’s a factor in our decline for many years now.

Fair point but i remember us competing well for years in the Championship with home crowds towards the lower end of the table.

I always wonder what could’ve been if we didn’t lose to ICT that day…

28 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Fair point but i remember us competing well for years in the Championship with home crowds towards the lower end of the table.

Or that Ayr Utd game the week before 🤯 recurring Nightmares about that match! 

Refs no any better now either!

4 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Definitely a sliding doors moment…the worry obviously is dropping into the lowland league and not getting out…East Stirling and Cowdenbeath are at the wrong end of that table too. Look at the clubs in the league now who were in other leagues well below us at one point. Ross Cty, Inverness, Livi, etc..so the league will look massively different in the next few years.

13 hours ago, Bob731 said:

To help you with this BWS, my point being that getting average crowds of 500 or so affects the player budget and any subsequent progress on the pitch…it’s a factor in our decline for many years now.

You are 100% correct here, however did you not say at the start of the season that you had patched it? Whilst that does seem a wise move for the case of sanity, it doesn't help the point you've just made. Its a slippery slope, when Fans give us, the income drops, and it becomes harder to compete in order to bring said fans back. 

1 hour ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

You are 100% correct here, however did you not say at the start of the season that you had patched it? Whilst that does seem a wise move for the case of sanity, it doesn't help the point you've just made. Its a slippery slope, when Fans give us, the income drops, and it becomes harder to compete in order to bring said fans back. 

Yes…that is a fair point…but it’s also horrible to watch away from the ground too…lol . Sad more than anything else. 

On 01/11/2022 at 19:18, David W said:

Gus McPherson wasn't popular at Morton or QotS but did a good job at St Mirren and QP. At QP he recruited a lot of decent players from outside the SPFL and got them promoted.

I'd not be excited if we appointed him given his football is quite often dire to watch but I'd be happy with him settling the ship over the next 18 months.

Gus is quite comfortably the worst Morton manager in recent history with 3 league wins in 24 awful Championship games. Dougie Imrie came in and worked wonders with the same squad, winning 7/18.

You don't want Gus, trust me!

1 hour ago, madton said:

Gus is quite comfortably the worst Morton manager in recent history with 3 league wins in 24 awful Championship games. Dougie Imrie came in and worked wonders with the same squad, winning 7/18.

You don't want Gus, trust me!

Can we have Imrie then please. We'll return you McClean as player manager. 

54 minutes ago, madton said:

Guessing big Brian not doing too well??

A couple of stinkers but in general he is doing absolutely fine. Apart from Ray Grant, he's probably been our most consistent performer. In a positive way.

Martin Lauchlan for me - Young and ambitious manager

Applied twice and rightly or wrongly never got job

Won league with every team (Provisional) he took over within 2 years

Rossvale Juniors. EK and Petershill. Hardly big spending teams at their level

Watched a few of his teams , They all played on the front foot and  a veriy good watch

Yer Mithers Pride🇾🇪

Edited by shawfield shed boy