Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Does anyone know what the record is for consecutive League match defeats by a Clyde team?
I'm curious to see if I'm witnessing history in the making

Apparently we lost 18 consecutive matches between the 1898/99 and 1899/00 seasons. Rather cruelly, that included 4 games against Rangers and 2 against Celtic.

We've just matched a run of 10 defeats that we replicated in 1907/08, 1917/18 and across the 1918/19 and 1919/20 seasons. Some effort to achieve that twice in two seasons.

Given that we've now got games against Airdrie (beaten us 5-0 in consecutive matches) and Dunfermline (no wins at East End since 1974) then we have a good chance of beating our second longest run of 11 games, which came in 1975/76. 

Apparently we lost 18 consecutive matches between the 1898/99 and 1899/00 seasons. Rather cruelly, that included 4 games against Rangers and 2 against Celtic.
We've just matched a run of 10 defeats that we replicated in 1907/08, 1917/18 and across the 1918/19 and 1919/20 seasons. Some effort to achieve that twice in two seasons.
Given that we've now got games against Airdrie (beaten us 5-0 in consecutive matches) and Dunfermline (no wins at East End since 1974) then we have a good chance of beating our second longest run of 11 games, which came in 1975/76. 
Reading this I'm starting to think I've been too harsh on Danny Lennon

Believe that Saturday evening was the only available slot that weekend as stadium already in use Friday and Sunday between Accies youth teams and their womens team 

At least at Broadwood we were only behind a boys team and a BMX competition…