Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

17 minutes ago, Bob731 said:

Danny Choo…you are obviously at it…and a clown..a wind up merchant with a fake account…there’s a fine line between loyalty and blind stupidity…think you are of the latter…if you are a supporter that is..

Bob you are a pathetic imitation for a Clyde supporter.Let’s just imagine in some alternate universe you are in charge at Clyde and you decide to sack the manager who would you bring in to replace him based on the reality and budget.Let’s see if you make any sense.

4 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Bob you are a pathetic imitation for a Clyde supporter.Let’s just imagine in some alternate universe you are in charge at Clyde and you decide to sack the manager who would you bring in to replace him based on the reality and budget.Let’s see if you make any sense.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

11 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

In this alternate universe will you still be a complete fanny?

Now we’ve achieved 9 in a row is it time for Danny to go yet, or is he still getting until Christmas as you’d wish? 🤓

Look in the mirror it’s your only chance of seeing a fanny

1 hour ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

This is nothing short of a witch hunt.The guy needs your support more than ever.If we keep the faith he will turn it around.You lot should be ashamed of yourselves and you call yourselves fans.All I have read is bullshit from you all.Some of these results are narrow defeats with individual errors and I think the results will come but he is the guy to save us from relegation.If you make the change then relegation will follow and with the budget league 1 football is as good as it gets.

Intrigued to know what you’ve seen in the 9 defeats in a row that give you confidence he’ll turn it round.

Your comment about this being a witch hunt has to be on the of the most laughable things I’ve read on here for a while. 

4 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Intrigued to know what you’ve seen in the 9 defeats in a row that give you confidence he’ll turn it round.

Your comment about this being a witch hunt has to be on the of the most laughable things I’ve read on here for a while. 

Is it not a witch hunt.you tell me what plan B is if you get rid of DL.This is the price you pay for loyalty.He’s an experienced manager going through a bad run do you not understand that.

2 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Is it not a witch hunt.you tell me what plan B is if you get rid of DL.This is the price you pay for loyalty.He’s an experienced manager going through a bad run do you not understand that.

We’ve been on bad runs before under Lennon and he’s turned it round. 9 defeats in a row is entirely unacceptable and people are rightly wanting a change based on performance, there’s no sign this will end anytime soon either. 

8 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

We’ve been on bad runs before under Lennon and he’s turned it round. 9 defeats in a row is entirely unacceptable and people are rightly wanting a change based on performance, there’s no sign this will end anytime soon either. 

And you think bringing in a new manager will be like waving a magic wand and it will all be ok

6 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

And you think bringing in a new manager will be like waving a magic wand and it will all be ok

All you’ve done is criticise anyone that wants rid of Lennon, without actually giving one credible argument to keep him. 

The amount of folk being wound up  by Choo on here when it's clearly a fake account intended for that sole purpose 😂.

Clearly time for Danny to go, but will he walk ?

Doubt it, looks like another expensive mistake giving him a new contract last season, which will have to be at least part paid up if we sack him.

As a sympathetic outside be careful what you wish for. Sure nine losses on  the trot is awful and it seems 50-50 straight relegation or play off unless thinks turn round quickly.

The harsh truth is Clyde have underperformed for 50 years and without change the club is on its death throws.

The lack of real home, poor leadership, lack of resources a declining and ageing support make breaking the cycle of decline tough.

Lennon may be the lightning rod for anger but the real reasons are structural and lack of money. I would suggest you will find it hard to get a better manager than Lennon and simply dumping him will probably not turn things round especially as there is no money.

There are no quick fixes but frankly if Clyde is to survive and I think that an open question on a 10/15 year view it needs to create a culture and a reason to support the club.

Getting a sustainable home is part of that and any home needs a wider infrastructure- pubs/ cafes / atmosphere etc . Perhaps Crownpoint meets it but I doubt it.

If it was my call I would move heaven and earth to reclaim Shawfield. Sure the terracing my not meet standards but start with the main stand (big enough for most games) and expand gradually if need be.

Allied  to this is the need for new capital- an owner prepared for pump in cash. That may or may not be possible but frankly without it the current structure results in an unsustainably small base.

I hope Clyde turn it round- but unless the structure is right- reason to support/ stadium and finances sooner or later the buffers will be hit. But if you do get it right recovery could be quicker than you imagine. There is still residual goodwill support for Clyde, a lot a lot fading tradition, not being the old firm and success breeds success.  Lennon is the symptom not the cause.

As a sympathetic outside be careful what you wish for. Sure nine losses on  the trot is awful and it seems 50-50 straight relegation or play off unless thinks turn round quickly.
The harsh truth is Clyde have underperformed for 50 years and without change the club is on its death throws.
The lack of real home, poor leadership, lack of resources a declining and ageing support make breaking the cycle of decline tough.
Lennon may be the lightning rod for anger but the real reasons are structural and lack of money. I would suggest you will find it hard to get a better manager than Lennon and simply dumping him will probably not turn things round especially as there is no money.

You mustn't forget that this is the third season Danny Lennon has recruited badly.

The third season of confused tactics and team selections

He's had plenty of time and opportunity to turn things around.

It's obvious now he doesn't know how to do it.

He should be sacked but I doubt he will. No other manager would survive nine league defeats in a row.

I agree to an extent that DL is not the key issue.  The main problem for him, or anyone else who takes the job, is the lack of funds, the structure, the instability and continual change of Board members. How many people have been on the Board in the past ten years? You cannot put together a long-term plan and deliver on it if those in charge are changing regularly.

The CIC played a part at the time when everyone had to pull together to make sure we had a club, but I think it has had its day. As well as finding a new ground, I think a new ownership with the ability to fund some progress is as important. Otherwise, we could find ourselves at Crownpoint (or anywhere else) and struggling /declining. Remember we went to Broadwood and effectively got relegated in the first season killing any enthusiasm. 

For me, the structure and financing of the club are more important than the manager.

If he has to go - I suggest speaking with Steven Naismith who this weekend was suggesting he would like a job beyond the national team coaching.  Part time with Clyde and Scotland? Whoever it is, money will continue to be a problem both in terms of salary and budget for players.