Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

21 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Despite the result, I did! I've never been to a game at Kelty before so getting to these grounds is one of the bonuses of 'opening up the pyramid'.

Unfortunately one of the downsides of the pyramid being open is that at some point in the near future, if things don't change drastically, we'll be away.

Short term, Lennon has to go. Since we've come up, he's never been able to assemble a coherent squad and the lineups that he sends out from what he has assembled have just become increasingly bizarre. We've always been lucky in the past that there happened to have been a couple of dross teams in the league to save our skins and give the situation an air of 'he's done well with the budget' but that runs dry. It's unfortunate because I think Lennon and Moore are a pair of really nice guys but things are so stale at this point, it's unreal.

Sadly, you might be getting to see lots of new grounds in a couple of season’s time if things don’t change, and quickly. 
Not sure DL had that much to do with assembling the promotion winning squad in truth. I think the chairman at the time and FD at the time did that for him.

And don’t forget, DL thought it a great idea to play our best CB for years at RB….. a nice wee guy, but it’s time to change and unfortunately we have missed out on our chance to bring in John Rankine who was ready, available and willing post the Clydebank defeat……. Unless our hosts go down and they let him go. I’d have him in a heartbeat.

Ultimately we won’t know what calibre of applicant we will get until it is advertised.

I reckon we would be looking at a Gus Mcpherson, Peter Grant, Ray McKinnon type. I wouldn’t mind giving someone like Allan Johnston a chance I guess. 

Would be interested to see if anyone from the West of Scotland or Lowland league would apply and given a shot. Ricky Waddle maybe ( not an endorsement but the type of candidate I would be interested to see if they would apply) or a Gordon Moffat at Clydebank. 

In a complete fantasy world obviously it’s a hungry Jack Ross looking to rebuild his reputation. 

Really is a big decision 

Edited by Ocelot1877

9 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

Ultimately we won’t know what calibre of applicant we will get until it is advertised.

This is the thing... speculation really only covers managers that are currently out of work and of them, there's no obvious candidate. It's not like we could poach someone out of a contract with another club.

Ricky Waddell would take some amount of convincing, given how involved he is at the Braves - I'd imagine his job is one of the most secure in the pyramid and getting him to gamble on taking a basket case would be tough. I doubt he'd be interested at all. Moffat seems a good lad and speaks well, and he's certainly put together a decent team and managed to get some cracking cup results but it's a big jump from the WoS league to trying to get a struggling L1 club firing.

Ultimately, I never thought we'd have a candidate like Danny Lennon even consider taking over at Clyde let alone bringing in Allan Moore as his assistant. For the first couple of seasons, it worked really well. The exact same could and probably will happen again. I'm just not sure I trust those in charge to make the right decision at any stage of the process unfortunately. I think we'll be stuck with Danny for the forseeable.

18 hours ago, SLClyde said:

The sentence about the current results didn’t strike me as a sentence being used by a club about to sack the manager. 

And the fixture lists suggest it could be a l o n g time before we pick up any points again.

I said last month that I don't think we can afford to sack DL, unless we have written in a performance clause to his contract.

So we're puct...can't afford to sack him but can't afford to keep him.  He's our very own Liz Truss!

12 hours ago, Ocelot1877 said:

In a complete fantasy world obviously it’s a hungry Jack Ross looking to rebuild his reputation. 

That is beyond fantasy world.

You obviously need a change Allan Johnston would be a good appointment but even that I think would be impressive considering he has been a full time coach for so long. Avoid Peter Grant.

The confidence and trust in the dressing room is at rock bottom. Can you imagine standing listening to him as a player thinking, “he’s talking pish. He’s got it wrong the majority of this season. “ How can the board honestly feel that he can make things better. He’s had his chance but the time to act is NOW to get some fresh thinking in before it’s too late. 

"For our own supporters, the focus will be on the southern section of the site which currently houses a 4G pitch and a range of smaller all-weather facilities. Recently commissioned architect’s drawings have confirmed there are a range of options to accommodate a stadium sufficient for our current needs and flexible enough to grow with our aspirations in the future without impacting on the facilities throughout the rest of the site, or indeed on the surrounding area."

I assume based on that it will be a redevelopment of the 4G pitch area to the south of the running track?

1419954265_Screenshot2022-10-17at15_21_37.thumb.png.8fab91e17559b4ffbd6ee7797dadfdb4.png

Looking at that I'd assume the grass pitch beside the running track. It has space behind each goal and removal off the trees space for proper access to the roadway behind it. Looking at the size of the stands at Petersburn Pk. They would fit within that area.

1 hour ago, TamClyde said:

8 Losses in a row, but hey, at least we have a "fancy" fan zone with pre-match noodles on offer!!

This league is not good enough for a team to lose 8 in a row. A squad just going through the motions.

You'd think any club in the world would be considering the manager's position.

Remember earlier in the summer he quite openly stated that this year he had got his signing targets? The only half competent full-backs are midfielders and we're the only lower league team in World football without any physical presence once we cross the halfway line. The players are trying hard enough but his recruitment has killed us again.

The sad thing is, the squad is so horribly unbalanced that changing manager will probably make very little difference. They'll still need to play Lyon at full-back and not have an out-ball up top.