Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Think Danny has really lost the plot now. What did he hope to gain from a midweek friendly at this stage in the season against the likes of Darvel? Win and it's dismissed as a "so what?". Lose and it's the ultimate embarrassment. Is he hoping to humiliate the squad into performing better in the league? Absolutely crazy.

Sad to say I'm caring less and less and am more animated losing at FIFA these days than seeing Clyde get pumped. There is an air of inevitability about this season already unless something drastic changes soon. Not necessarily saying Lennon must go but something's gotta give. Get it sorted ffs.

Edited by RutherGlen

11 minutes ago, Bob731 said:

And now second bottom of the League….with Dunfermline as the game in hand ffs

That's the big issue from tonight, albeit with Kelty playing QotS we were onto a loser either way.

All joking aside, losing a bounce friendly where we make 10 changes means absolutely nothing. It's just a runout for players that haven't been in the team. I'm sure we play any number of such matches throughout the year that don't end up open to the public and don't get reported on.

What a great benefit playing that game was

Lets get some of the fringe players starting to find out…………well to find out they are even worse than we thought and are not even lowland league level

Playing 3 left backs in the one team shows DL has totally lost the plot or maybe he is playing his ticket to get the board to sack him which of course they won’t 

Defeat on Saturday puts us 6 behind Kelty which we aren’t going to bridge anytime soon

Another depressing night to be a Clyde fan.  Been too many of them recently

I don't mind the principle of playing the odd friendly but this really seems like a waste of time. 

You can't judge if say Sula could make a difference in the first 11 because he's playing in a second choice defence and behind a makeshift midfield. If you played at least 6 or 7 of the normal starters and added 4 or 5 fringe players, you'd get a better idea of who might fit into the team.

Meanwhile, our regular starters who could do with a training session to keep working on our faults will have done a warm up tonight, sat on the bench and then a minor cool down at the end.

Week in, week out, we can't even take an adequate throw in to one of our own players, let alone organise ourselves at corners (attacking or defending). And yet, instead of spending a night working on that, it's more important that our back up players (half of whom will barely get another competitive game) get some game time.

I get that this is the kind of thing that if the team is doing well, no one cares about. But playing a public friendly against an in form team in our current circumstances is beyond stupid and deserves all the criticism it gets.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

17 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Agree with the above comments, why was that not just played behind closed doors, you’d have to be off your fucking head to have travelled and paid to watch that tonight given our current form.

Worryingly the same could be said for any away game just now. Wrong climate financially to be churning out unwatchable performances. 

Maybe DL will tell us during tonight's exciting podcast. I'm sure the guys will grill the manager is the same way as they did with the chairman a year past in September.
Can't remember exact details but all, or most, of the submitted questions where asked. Many grouped as along the same theme.

I'm also just a fan doing something for the club I support. I'm not a trained journalist or have experience interviewing in the way you seem to want. More than happy to hand over if someone has those skills and can do a better job.

DL answers all questions on everything from formations, transfers and a lot more tonight. Done my best to get the answers I thought fans would want.

I watched the podcast last night.
It was worth the watch.

Danny recognised his mistakes, particularly going to a 5 at the back.

He states on many occasions he takes responsibility for the results but mentions more than a few excuses of injuries, individual mistakes, visa delays etc

The problem with Danny is he comes across as a friendly guy who says the right things.

However, sadly, the trend of dodgy recruitment, weird team selection and tactics resulting in numerous disappointing results and performances over the last few seasons remain unchanged.