Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

5 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Similar set up to Broadwood - you’ll be given a section in the Main Stand. 

Hopefully no next to you lot? Nah only kidding....

4 minutes ago, David W said:

I'd be amazed if you're not just in the main stand, the side closest to the stand behind the goal. That is where Peterhead, Kelty and Alloa have been.

I'd imagine you'll also have access to the main bar pre-match.

Perfect cheers.We have a bus running and I'd imagine the supporters club has a bus going too.We tour about the Hamilton pubs before heading to the game.

Edited by mo83

Honestly, it's a really tough shout as to who I'd go for personally. If Lennon goes, you don't know who might apply, so pulling names out my arse at this point seems moot. In terms of a profile though, I'd like someone younger and ambitious, with connections. I would have taken John Rankin before he went in at Hamilton, for example. Basically a Kevin Thompson-type at that sweet spot in their career where they want to leave a relatively cushty, secure academy role to attempt to revitalise a team full of League One jobbers and no marks.
In terms of 'would we be able to get someone' - of course. People want jobs and Clyde has the potential to be a reasonably attractive proposition. We're in a better position now in terms of league standings than we were when Danny and Moorey came in. The danger is potting those two and ending up with a Peter Grant.
Only name I can think of that would be realistic would be Allan Johnson, Queens fans might tell you a bit more about him. Or probably slate him. But he's managed at a decent level and has good experience, that's if you want to go down the experienced route.

John Rankin would of probably been an ideal young manager appointment if he's not at Hamilton. Feel if you were to get rid of Lennon it would be vital that you got the right person in, especially with league 2 and the Lowland league getting more competitive.

On 04/10/2022 at 18:42, David Fernández said:

Only name I can think of that would be realistic would be Allan Johnson, Queens fans might tell you a bit more about him. Or probably slate him. But he's managed at a decent level and has good experience, that's if you want to go down the experienced route.

John Rankin would of probably been an ideal young manager appointment if he's not at Hamilton. Feel if you were to get rid of Lennon it would be vital that you got the right person in, especially with league 2 and the Lowland league getting more competitive.

Or craig Bryson possibly a player as well

So Edinburgh are sitting top of the league…granted it’s early in the season. Similar budget maybe to us ? Just promoted ? What are they doing differently ? Management better ? Scouting better ? I think that they are similar to Clyde in a lot of ways yet the table shows a huge difference.

Just now, Bob731 said:

So Edinburgh are sitting top of the league…granted it’s early in the season. Similar budget maybe to us ? Just promoted ? What are they doing differently ? Management better ? Scouting better ? I think that they are similar to Clyde in a lot of ways yet the table shows a huge difference.

Personally I think that it’s the management.

1 hour ago, Bob731 said:

Recruitment… simple as that. 

18 hours ago, Bob731 said:

Manager who knows what he is doing and who is maximising resources.

Edited by Bullyweeno1

6 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Manager who knows what he is doing and who is maximising resources.

Danny’s thoughts about tomorrow…😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
"Success comes when we do ordinary things extraordinarily well. Getting the basics right by taking care to ensure we win our tackles, complete our passes and are decisive in both boxes propels performances and results in the right direction

Danny’s thoughts about tomorrow…[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
"Success comes when we do ordinary things extraordinarily well. Getting the basics right by taking care to ensure we win our tackles, complete our passes and are decisive in both boxes propels performances and results in the right direction

It makes you wonder why he continues to sign players that are unable to do the ordinary things even at a basic level.

Is there even a point to getting Danny's comments before or after a match? They're meaningless. White noise.

How about getting our team to show it on the pitch.

26 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

It makes you wonder why he continues to sign players that are unable to do the ordinary things even at a basic level.

Is there even a point to getting Danny's comments before or after a match? They're meaningless. White noise.

How about getting our team to show it on the pitch.

Sometimes he just says a lot without saying anything at all….

We signed Jon Craig, a left-back on loan, to then select Kennedy starting in that position. When Kennedy came off we replaced him with Rodden.

So to summarise, as the window was about to slam shut Danny Lennon prioritised the signing of a third choice left back and a goalkeeper.

Substitutions are killing us as well. Rodden and McDonald were both horrendous when they came on. Obviously the sending off killed us but Allan was doing very well at defending from the front. We completely lost that when he came off.

Even in a game where we competed far better, they still manage to throw the game away embarrassingly.

Jordan Allan didn't have the best game but gave our team more shape and scored a goal, emphasising how baffling it was for Lennon to drop him for so long.

I'd be happy to see Lennon go but there's no chance of our board doing anything proactive. 

Edited by Jaggy Snake

We lost today because the team had no direction whatsoever after half time. Wee boy attitude and  puts in a stupid challenge near the halfway line which gives the ref a decision to make..mental.

Keeper sells 2
Lennon takes Allan off when we were just starting to get a little change by running into space. McDonald coming on against experienced defenders is like playing your half decent 14 year old son in a game of adult 5’s. 

We have a guy on loan from Killie and he can’t get a game ahead of Kennedy, Rodden or Nyamsi what does that say about him?
Give a goalie a wage when he is no better than the average one we already have. 
Absolutely no presence up top. Overall it’s a losing team, no chance we can survive this year, thoroughly depressing.

Edited by FREDDYFRY