Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

26 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Still no fullback loanees.

Was the loan of a goalkeeper really a priority?

Mullen's a permanant signing. Got released by Celtic in the summer. Although that makes your question a stronger case if anything since he'll be getting paid a wage. 

Had a couple of whispers about a left back. Just need to wait and see I suppose. 

Pen is out for you lads I see.

I wonder if Morgyn Neill could be joining you?  I have no inside info other than he's wanting out on loan and we just brought in Jack Sanders from Killie in his position and Kyle McClelland a week or so back.

He stays in Motherwell so geographically it fits.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

13 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I wonder if Morgyn Neill could be joining you?  I have no inside info other than he's wanting out on loan and we just brought in Jack Sanders from Killie in his position and Kyle McClelland a week or so back.

Probably David Goodwillie 

37 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I wouldn’t have minded Morgyn Neill in the summer but we have immobile centre halves coming out our arse. Saying that, he’d likely be an improvement, I’d still take him.

Good to get a left back on board, right back and a striker next please Danny. 

5 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Had no idea that Goodwillie had been released by Raith and was very confused why everyone felt we’d be signing him.

Hello, Jon Craig.

You can't sign him, he wasn't a free agent at midnight on 1st September and he no longer has a club in Scotland to loan him out. He can't play at SPFL level again before January (though in reality he's never going to play SPFL level again). He can't go to any country without a currently open transfer window either. He could go to Lowland League or lower though. They don't operate windows.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You can't sign him, he wasn't a free agent at midnight on 1st September and he no longer has a club in Scotland to loan him out. He can't play at SPFL level again before January (though in reality he's never going to play SPFL level again). He can't go to any country without a currently open transfer window either. He could go to Lowland League or lower though. They don't operate windows.

Darvel bound perhaps?

Just now, Scott-Replay said:

Darvel bound perhaps?

Certainly unless he has something else lined up then getting released from Raith now seems odd. Unless he wanted a lump sum to start a business or something then he'd have been as well remaining employed until January I'd have thought.

Whilst full back is a real area of need I’m not exactly buzzing at the signing of an 18 year old lad from killie. Wasn’t impressed at all with Devenney we had from them previously.

We already have Hendji and Rodden on the books too who don’t look up to it and obviously Danny agrees given we’ve been playing Paul Kennedy in there. So there’s money being pished away on guys that aren’t going to get a look in.

Hopefully this new lad is decent and solves a problem for us but there still has to be massive questions over recruitment.

To be fair, Ritchie-Hosler hardly played during his loan spell with us. Only had a few sub apps IIRC. Would come as absolutely no surprise if he ends up decent for Dunfermline and scoring against us. 

Edited by CM.

7 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

What was Kane Richie-Hosler like?

I can’t even remember him making an appearance but he playef a total of 47 minutes in the league according to Transfermarkt. He gets filed in the apparently endless list of “useless old firm loanees”.

Was very young though, I’d imagine he’s probably improved a lot given the environment. 

I can’t even remember him making an appearance but he playef a total of 47 minutes in the league according to Transfermarkt. He gets filed in the apparently endless list of “useless old firm loanees”.
Was very young though, I’d imagine he’s probably improved a lot given the environment. 
Whenever I see him in my mind's eye he's warming up behind the goal.
I have zero memory of him actually on the pitch.
To his credit, I usually have even less memory regarding most of our loans.