Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

On 19/09/2022 at 23:00, Bullyweeno1 said:

Remember I said a couple of months ago that Broomhill had sold over 1k season tickets for the season and they would get bigger crowds than we ever did

I was slaughtered for that comment and told than they would be lucky to get over 100 at games

A crowd of over 1500 against Brora Rangers is all the evidence you need that the fan base was in Cumbernauld if correctly harnessed

Broomhill have a good PR machine behind them plus they have been very clever in putting homes games on Friday nights to capture supporters who might go and see the old firm on a Saturday and Sunday

I fully expect them to have crowds of over 3k in the next few seasons (something that was a pipe dream for us)

Broomhill do not have a good PR machine. Open goal does. its not broom hill anymore. The club sold themselves. Would you have preferred us being called Open Goal Clyde FC with Simon ferry running the circus? Gees peace.

Anyone else think we’re in for a pumping on Saturday ? From googling this team and some of their players it looks like we could be in trouble with our recent form. Personally I also think Danny’s time is running out, results and recruitment have not been good enough the last few seasons and this season again. Problem is not sure who we get to replace him. 

1 hour ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Anyone else think we’re in for a pumping on Saturday ? From googling this team and some of their players it looks like we could be in trouble with our recent form. Personally I also think Danny’s time is running out, results and recruitment have not been good enough the last few seasons and this season again. Problem is not sure who we get to replace him. 

Stuart Kettlewell?

7 hours ago, TamClyde said:

Broomhill do not have a good PR machine. Open goal does. its not broom hill anymore. The club sold themselves. Would you have preferred us being called Open Goal Clyde FC with Simon ferry running the circus? Gees peace.

Or have a close season promoting our move to Hamilton and only getting around 500 fans for the 1st home league game …..I don’t think Clyde have any reason to turn their noses up at any PR possibility..

17 hours ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Personally I also think Danny’s time is running out, results and recruitment have not been good enough the last few seasons and this season again. Problem is not sure who we get to replace him. 

Agree here. I do like Danny and Moorey but it's just not been working. Season on season we've only survived by default because other teams have had disasters, and even then it's been close.

The problem is there's been several occasions over the past few seasons that should have resulted in Danny leaving but haven't, so I'm not sure what changes that. Also with the future of the club up in the air in terms of finding a home, changes to the board etc, now may not the best time to introduce an extra level of instability and it may be better to keep someone with Danny's experience around through the tumult.

On the other side of the coin, maybe there's no better time than now for a reset. The problem then being who do we see in charge of a long term rebuild. Yogi? (No). Ray McKinnon? (No). Hopkin? (No). It's a tough one.

18 hours ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

What names jumped out at you when you googled their squad?

35 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

What names jumped out at you when you googled their squad?

I haven't looked deeper into it but the only member of their squad I've heard of from a quick look on wiki is Dion Donohue who had a few years in the English lower leagues at Portsmouth and Swindon.

Still expecting us to lose on Saturday right enough :lol: 

No real feelings about the signing, other than a bit strange given we have a few other obvious and pressing problems to deal with on the park.

Still.. good luck to the boy and never know, might be next Philipe Mental?

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Only reason this game has any relivance to me is that it’s in the middle of another horrendous run and will either mark it continuing or maybe ending it.. I checked out of this cup the day the B teams were added.. was the thin edge of the wedge and was obviously “an in “for what is going on in Lowland league now.

Therefore I for one won’t be there

Had to have a slight chuckle at the article about Bradley-Hurst joining up with a Sri Lankan training camp, and our goalie coach praising him highly, only for the next article to be us announcing a new goalie. :lol: Good luck to Joshua though, that’ll be a good experience for him. He must live near my work as I quite often see him out training on the local pitches so he certainly does seem to put the work in.

I’m actually quite looking forward to Saturday. Absolutely no idea how we’ll get on but it’s a bit of a novelty and a welcome break from the league after our recent run. An opportunity to try and tweak a few things without too much of an expectation of a result.

Once again it'll be another season I give this Cup a miss regardless how far we go or who we play.
I haven't been since B teams were introduced and went be back till they are gone...which won't happen as the SPFL/SFA are shit feart of upsetting 2 clubs.

A once fantastic tournament for the lower leagues thst got real decent sponsors and engaged lower league teams to take it seriously is now no more than a piss take friendly cup now

f**k the SFA

5 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Once again it'll be another season I give this Cup a miss regardless how far we go or who we play.
I haven't been since B teams were introduced and went be back till they are gone...which won't happen as the SPFL/SFA are shit feart of upsetting 2 clubs.

A once fantastic tournament for the lower leagues thst got real decent sponsors and engaged lower league teams to take it seriously is now no more than a piss take friendly cup now

f**k the SFA

👏👏👏

13 hours ago, CM. said:

I haven't looked deeper into it but the only member of their squad I've heard of from a quick look on wiki is Dion Donohue who had a few years in the English lower leagues at Portsmouth and Swindon.

Still expecting us to lose on Saturday right enough :lol: 

Even though I’ve played football manager for the best part of 20 years I’ve still not heard of anyone in their team.

Obviously that’ll come back to haunt me on Saturday!