Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

What a shite performance. Really have to question Danny’s subs. For me Sula was our best defender in the first half and unless he was injured he should not have been taken off. Mclean was utter dug meat today and don’t even know how Kennedy has a jersey. Crying for a big target man upfront and a midfielder. Hopefully we come back with a significant improvement next week, can’t get much worse 

Edited by ClydeFCTheBullyWee

7 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Annoying, frustrating, embarrassing absolutely sick of it. 4 years since Promotion to build a team and failed each time. No way we can survive this year.

The sad thing is every season I read from our own fans how the team can make the top four. Er with what budget exactly? We haven't made any attempt to (seriously) replace David Goodwillie and furthermore we have picked up blokes that are surplus to requirements elsewhere. E.g Ray Grant from L2.

I do think we can stay up again but it is going to be very very tight.

In my opinion.

Edited by TheBigGuy

Heading into the finial weeks of September and the problem with fullbacks continues. We all can see an issue there. Why the delay?

Centre halves look weak and slow too

What a combination.

I've just seen the goals from yesterday on Twitter. That was outrageously bad defending

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Heading into the finial weeks of September and the problem with fullbacks continues. We all can see an issue there. Why the delay?

Centre halves look weak and slow too

What a combination.

I've just seen the goals from yesterday on Twitter. That was outrageously bad defending

Said it on the match thread just there but Thicot is an embarrassment for the 4th. Just simply bullied.

Lennon has to make some hard decisions, choose his first choice defence and stick with it for a few games. The constant chopping and changing isn't helping anyone.

I wasn't there yesterday but interested to see people surprised/annoyed that Sula was the centreback to get subbed. The same happened in the Edunburgh game, Peter Grant was having a nightmare, McLean not much better, and yet it was Sula that Danny took off.

Maybe he feels obligated, or at least more inclined, to play the other centrebacks as they're more experienced but Sula is more mobile and probably a better passer than the rest too.

Lennon has to decide who our rightback is, Cuddihy or Lyon. Obviously that's been hampered by Cuddihy being injured but choose one and stick with it. I personally would go with Cuddihy as Lyon's end product in attack is so poor and Cuddihy underwhelms too often in midfield anyway.

Then pick Kennedy or Rodden at leftback. I'd probably go Rodden and hope he gets better but there's not much in it.

Then choose 2 centrebacks and stick with it. I'd probably try Sula and McLean for a while but just give a couple of them time to form a partnership before tinkering with it.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

1 hour ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Lennon has to make some hard decisions, choose his first choice defence and stick with it for a few games. The constant chopping and changing isn't helping anyone.

I wasn't there yesterday but interested to see people surprised/annoyed that Sula was the centreback to get subbed. The same happened in the Edunburgh game, Peter Grant was having a nightmare, McLean not much better, and yet it was Sula that Danny took off.

Maybe he feels obligated, or at least more inclined, to play the other centrebacks as they're more experienced but Sula is more mobile and probably a better passer than the rest too.

Lennon has to decide who our rightback is, Cuddihy or Lyon. Obviously that's been hampered by Cuddihy being injured but choose one and stick with it. I personally would go with Cuddihy as Lyon's end product in attack is so poor and Cuddihy underwhelms too often in midfield anyway.

Then pick Kennedy or Rodden at leftback. I'd probably go Rodden and hope he gets better but there's not much in it.

Then choose 2 centrebacks and stick with it. I'd probably try Sula and McLean for a while but just give a couple of them time to form a partnership before tinkering with it.

Sula was playing well yesterday, much, much better than the dinosaurs that can't move that Lennon decided to keep on. McClean has been ok but is too slow now and gets caught out way to often. PG is just a complete waste of a jersey. 

6 hours ago, shawfielder said:

If Sula isn’t injured, I would like to hear Danny explain why he took off the only mobile defender we had, and left the 3 on that are pedestrian at best, surely he has to explain, think at times Danny watches a different game than the rest of us.

Agreed.. in fact I’d like to hear the interviewer actually ask questions like that post match, or for example why he Dropped Allan couple of weeks ago?

I get that it’s difficult to ask however that’s what we want to hear.