Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

It was plain to see and many supporters have all warned where we were obviously short, it’s no surprise!

Not saying we should be changing manager, far from it, but Lennon really does baffle and frustrate me at times;

Why does he tinker with the selection particularly in away games? Overthinks things far to often!

Why does he think every so often that one up front ever worked for us? Wasn’t even successful when we had one of the top strikers in the game FFS!

Why can he never spot or sign a fullback?

Why does he never seem to think we need a creative player in midfield?

Yesterday was proof of all of the above in one game and has to be sorted. Edinburgh are mile off what most teams will be this season so no reason to suspect we will be ok this year unless we have a reality check… seen it all before!

14 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Suddenly, this looks like a long fu(kin season.  Our next 4 matches look tough going too, with stiffer opposition than today.

Anyone who thought this season was going to be anything but long and hard was deluded.

The first 3 games of the season gave us unexpected optimism but the last 2 has brought in reality check.

Target for the season was also going to be to finish ahead of 2 others.

As anyone can see, and expect Lennon can see, is problem is at wing back.  Cuddihy and Kennedy would be fine there but unlikely they will both feature in more than 50% of the games this season.  The drop off from them to the other wing backs is vast.

Also need creativity and speed in midfield (though have needed that for years)

Also need someone that is going to get you 20+ goals a season.  We had that then thought that Cunningham with his start might give that but still doubtful he will reach that.

Hopefully 2 or 3 loans are still incoming as dont expect us to sign anyone else.

Step away from the self destruct button.  We have lost 2 games in the league from 5.  If we were to listen to the doom merchants we would be rooked to the bottom already without a hope in hell of getting another point.  There is much to be worked on but still a lot to be positive about.  Yesterday was the first league game we haven't scored but we should have with the chances created.  It's night and day from recent years when some points were won very much against how games played out.  

After 3 games we should have been 9 points from 9 and we were playing some great stuff.  Why wouldn't fans be optimistic?  To call people deluded for thinking we could be mid-table or there abouts is a bit off in my opinion.  Just because some didn't instantly look for the "armageddon is now upon us" button the second we drop points does not make them deluded.  It is perfectly acceptable to be positive about your team when results are going well.  

4 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Anyone who thought this season was going to be anything but long and hard was deluded.

The first 3 games of the season gave us unexpected optimism but the last 2 has brought in reality check.

Target for the season was also going to be to finish ahead of 2 others.

As anyone can see, and expect Lennon can see, is problem is at wing back.  Cuddihy and Kennedy would be fine there but unlikely they will both feature in more than 50% of the games this season.  The drop off from them to the other wing backs is vast.

Also need creativity and speed in midfield (though have needed that for years)

Also need someone that is going to get you 20+ goals a season.  We had that then thought that Cunningham with his start might give that but still doubtful he will reach that.

Hopefully 2 or 3 loans are still incoming as dont expect us to sign anyone else.

By all means express your opinion but don't have a go at others for having a positive outlook by calling them "deluded".

We're sitting with 2 wins, a draw and 2 losses. I don't know a Clyde fan who wouldn't have taken that before the season kicked off...

We don't need someone that can score 20 + a season, then we're straight back into praying that player doesn't leave in a window or get injured. I would much rather have the goals spread out in the team, which we're currently doing at the moment. I guess some people just like to cream themselves silly over an individual than team performances, perhaps.

Probably a bit harsh in using the word deluded and also calling things a bit early after 5 games

I always have said let’s judge where we are after first quarter of the season as a gauge of where we will end up.

Only thing is the remaining 4 games of the quarter look pretty tough but may suit us playing against teams that want to come out and play

I missed Saturdays game but by all accounts we were the better side and just couldn't take our chances. That'll happen sometimes to most clubs in the world. Did think it was bizarre that Jordan Allan never started right enough. 

Are we playing 3 at the back to cover for weaknesses in the LB or is this how Danny always planned to set up given the defenders brought in?.  If we always planned to go 3 at the back I am happy to give it a few more games to let the players adapt. If not then it feels a bit like groundhog Day 

I think Peter Grant, Sula and Thicot were always on our radar. McLean brought in pretty last min as we were going into the Hibs game with only Aidan Cassidy as a centre half before him and Grant signed on the Thursday or Friday before. 

On 28/06/2022 at 12:22, SLClyde said:

A loan we could be looking at is Kieran Offord at St Mirren, 9 goals in 12 second half of last season for East Stirling and scored for St mirren in their friendly last night. 

Lewis Jamieson also scored for them last night. 

Any chance I could get on the scouting team 😂

Craig Bryson has announced his retirement. On the field as both Keane's lost their Celtic debuts, one of the best goalscoring seasons for a midfielder in recent EFL history at derby, a promotion with Cardiff, two trophies with St Johnstone and a couple of Scotland caps. It's safe to say he has had a decent career.

I feel really, really old.