Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 minute ago, SLClyde said:

Always thought there was a player in there, but it’s good to see Ross Cunningham already having scored more this year than last, even with his injuries last year. If he keeps going we should be getting 15-20 out of him. 

Not if he's injured again, which looks to be the case, hopefully not a serious one.

Said at the time the penalty was crucial, really had to put that one away, but his 2 goals were outstanding.

Very frustrating day, Allan given a yellow for a 50/50 was a joke, however at least it was one point instead of none.

As I said on match thread full back will kill us this year, particularly LB

desperately need a quality midfield player to compliment Grant’s  tidy football which is improvement on last year but no real creativity. We do look much better when we break forward, just need that quality in the pocket 20 yards either side of the halfway line, ironically like their wee no 7 today. 

Still it does seem we are much stronger side than last season not that it’s a high bar to clear. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

As I said on match thread full back will kill us this year, particularly LB

desperately need a quality midfield player to compliment Grant’s  tidy football which is improvement on last year but no real creativity. We do look much better when we break forward, just need that quality in the pocket 20 yards either side of the halfway line, ironically like their wee no 7 today. 

Still it does seem we are much stronger side than last season not that it’s a high bar to clear. 

I don’t really remember their number 7 doing anything of note today, albeit it I wasn’t paying attention to their individual performances.

13 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I don’t really remember their number 7 doing anything of note today, albeit it I wasn’t paying attention to their individual performances.

He was always in space, linking the play. Very tidy with the ball.

I really noticed him coz he looked younger than Olly

19 minutes ago, No Jags Please said:

He was always in space, linking the play. Very tidy with the ball.

I really noticed him coz he looked younger than Olly

Yes, I thought he did really well and was their trialist..looked a wee bit lik Billy Gilmour…