Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
48 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:
Watched the highlight there. The QotS penalty is very soft imo. 

If by "soft" you mean a stonewaller then I'd agree.

Watched it again and it still looks soft. Doesn’t look like there’s much contact but I am watching it on an iPhone so not the biggest screen.

Watched it again and it still looks soft. Doesn’t look like there’s much contact but I am watching it on an iPhone so not the biggest screen.
It was the easiest decision the ref had tbh. The angle on the highlights doesn't fully show it but it was a blatant shove. Said at the time that if we score this I'd be absolutely furious with the stupidity of the player if I was a Clyde fan/player. Counted for nothing in the end of course.

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
14 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

It was the easiest decision the ref had tbh. The angle on the highlights doesn't fully show it but it was a blatant shove. Said at the time that if we score this I'd be absolutely furious with the stupidity of the player if I was a Clyde fan/player. Counted for nothing in the end of course.

I said at the game that if that penalty goes in there's a good chance we go on to lose never mind only take a point. For some reason Neil Parry has taken a fair bit of stick since joining us so was delighted to see him make that save and have as big a contribution to win as the outfield players. 

It's a superb start to the season but only a start. Peterhead have had a dismal start and although every game presents a different challenge, you'd be disappointed if we don't have 6 points from 6 by Saturday evening. Danny will have some job picking the team for this after such a good impact from the subs at QoS. 

Edited by CM.

The game on Saturday is an ultimate Clyde trap game. All the optimism from the weekend against a team who have had a difficult start to the season, in our first home league game at Hamilton. Also McInally has always had Lennon’s number in their clashes together. I’m hopeful that the experience in the squad can keep the feet on the ground and realise we need the same level of performance - outside of the first twenty seconds of course!

2 hours ago, David W said:

I'm also not convinced about our merits as a side looking to break a defensive team down. Counter attacking we will be fine.

I would be absolutely delighted having a team on the front foot trying to break down the oppositions back line after the past 2 seasons watching teams piss all over the top of us. 90% of last season we were on the back foot trying to hang on in games.

I'm also not convinced about our merits as a side looking to break a defensive team down. Counter attacking we will be fine.
How we do against a defensive team does remain to be seen.

In saying that, we scored two goals on Saturday from set pieces.

4 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

The game on Saturday is an ultimate Clyde trap game. All the optimism from the weekend against a team who have had a difficult start to the season, in our first home league game at Hamilton. Also McInally has always had Lennon’s number in their clashes together. I’m hopeful that the experience in the squad can keep the feet on the ground and realise we need the same level of performance - outside of the first twenty seconds of course!

Couldn't agree more.  My hope, however, is that the massive churn in our squad has exercised the fear that oozed out of us whenever we met p heid, particularly at Broadwood.  

I agree with the wait till Saturday attitude, while I’m absolutely thrilled and delighted with our first league game, I am hoping it’s not a mirror image of our first game last year when we meekly handed Dumbarton an easy win. Hopefully QOS weren’t as bad as we were that day and made us look better than we actually are.

As I say Saturday’s game against Peterhead will be an acid test as to where we are for this season. A real bread and butter game.

I agree with the wait till Saturday attitude, while I’m absolutely thrilled and delighted with our first league game, I am hoping it’s not a mirror image of our first game last year when we meekly handed Dumbarton an easy win. Hopefully QOS weren’t as bad as we were that day and made us look better than we actually are.
As I say Saturday’s game against Peterhead will be an acid test as to where we are for this season. A real bread and butter game.

Clyde were good but even looking at the goals objectively, it was horrible from QoS.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
6 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Clyde were good but even looking at the goals objectively, it was horrible from QoS.

On the basis of "all goals are avoidable".

First, well worked corner, but nobody goes with McDonald & not sure about the keeper's effort to get to it

Second, absolutely nobody tracked Cunningham's run when it was clear he'd peeled off to the back stick

Third, should have been dealt with by two QOS players in the RB position, row Z if necessary

Fourth, the lad already showed what he was going to do before the free kick was taken then delayed.   When the free kick was taken he did just that

Not that I'm complaining right enough, but wouldn't have been pleased if the other way round.

So much for it being a striker. Maybe we'll do a Simon Mensing and play him up top at points.

You generally need four centre halves so that's us sorted in that area, if Thicot ever gets his permit.