Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Was interested to hear Cunningham say on the podcast a few weeks back he prefers playing through the middle, was injured a lot last season but only 1 behind his goal tally for last season already. Have to hold hopes he can get 15-20. 

Mcdonald, although I’ve only seen him v Bonnyrigg, has the potential to be a real find. 

Was interested to hear Cunningham say on the podcast a few weeks back he prefers playing through the middle, was injured a lot last season but only 1 behind his goal tally for last season already. Have to hold hopes he can get 15-20. 

Mcdonald, although I’ve only seen him v Bonnyrigg, has the potential to be a real find. 
Been impressed with McDonald every time I've seen him. Could be a wee gem there

What shouts? He had f**k all to do other than pick the ball out the net and save the penalty. Absolutely mental anyone could have criticised him on today's showing.

Some boy down the front was giving him pelters in the first half. Also heard his kicking being criticised. For some reason some of our fans just haven’t taken to him. All about opinions I suppose.

We couldn't have done much better than Parry given the timing of Mitchell's exit. No keeper at this level is perfect but give me Parry over that donut in the opposition goal all day. 

There's no doubt a fair few Clyde fans who don't really know about Parry's career and reputation (which is fine) but it's actually bonkers that people sat and watch him save us from weekly drubbings last season and still throw about criticism.

The same fans no doubt missed the fact that post-pandemic Mitchell was making mistakes all over the place.

16 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

“Aye but for a big guy he doesnae command his box enough.”

Much rather have Parry in goal than that liability JBH

Parrry will probably gain you 10 points over a season

JBH will cost you at least 10 points over a season with his mistakes and cross catching abilities.

Much rather have Parry in goal than that liability JBH
Parrry will probably gain you 10 points over a season
JBH will cost you at least 10 points over a season with his mistakes and cross catching abilities.
You could argue Parry has saved you 2 pts already. That penalty goes in and we may well have held on for a point or possibly grabbed a winner.

No idea who the other boy is but I'm confident Parry is the better option.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

You could argue Parry has saved you 2 pts already. That penalty goes in and we may well have held on for a point or possibly grabbed a winner.

No idea who the other boy is but I'm confident Parry is the better option.

Parry is the better option by miles. Bradley Hurst is a young guy who makes a couple of good saves each time he plays but, with worrying consistency, makes at least one glaring error too. Don’t mind him as back up, in fairness.

9 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Bradley Hurst is a young guy who makes a couple of good saves each time he plays but, with worrying consistency, makes at least one glaring error too. Don’t mind him as back up, in fairness.

Pretty much sums him up.  Think he is at fault a goal every other game (at least) which could be the difference between a draw and picking up 3 points or a point and picking up nothing.

Anyway hopefully the testing of JBH in goal by DL s now over given the season is up and running and will only see him if Parry is injured.

Edited by Bullyweeno1

1 hour ago, David W said:

The same fans no doubt missed the fact that post-pandemic Mitchell was making mistakes all over the place.

It's mental, but fans always seem to need a scapegoat and he's ours for now. Mitchell was a right good 'keeper and there's no denying that, but he wasn't even on Alan Martin's level. Unless my memory is failing me, I can't think of many Parry clangers at all - when it comes to Mitchell, I remember a mid-pandemic game against Airdrie in which he let in a goal direct from a corner then made a mess of another one to gift an early two-goal lead. What makes it all the more bizarre is we've all seen several times how much of a ringer Bradley-Hurst is. 

It's mental, but fans always seem to need a scapegoat and he's ours for now. Mitchell was a right good 'keeper and there's no denying that, but he wasn't even on Alan Martin's level. Unless my memory is failing me, I can't think of many Parry clangers at all - when it comes to Mitchell, I remember a mid-pandemic game against Airdrie in which he let in a goal direct from a corner then made a mess of another one to gift an early two-goal lead. What makes it all the more bizarre is we've all seen several times how much of a ringer Bradley-Hurst is. 
Haud the bus - sections of your fans don't like Parry yet liked the donkey that is Alan Martin? :o

Don’t remember Duthie being that skillful when he was at Dumbarton but had the QOTS players on strings the full game. His finishing could definitely improve but I love his eagerness to get forward on the counter every time we defended. He’s always looking for the space and happy to take the ball. Long may it last but our forward options look exciting for the year ahead. Still think we could add another in but we’ll see how the loan market goes. 

Yeah I thought it was pretty clear as well tbh, fell asleep to the guy’s run and clipped him. A top save tho, it didn’t actually look the worst penalty.
It wasn't a particularly bad penalty. Parry made a really good save. Always seems to be the attacker criticised rather than a GK praised when a penalty is missed for some annoying reason.