Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Again another game played by JBH and another goal conceded shouldnt have

Sure he had a couple of good saves but the goal was his fault as was shown by the other players in particular McLean who was screaming at him.  

Also got lucky when he came out the box and nearly chucked another goal

Main problem is we are powder puff up front and will struggle to score goals

Watched bits of the game today on TV, thought the free kick that led to the goal was soft, but JBH should do better regardless. 

Full back areas could do with some bodies as has been documented but on the flip side Lyon is still a better option than Mortimer or Munro were so you could argue we've still improved the position 😂

I would like McDonald to play from the start next week, he looks our most likely to turn nothing into something. Bar his early chance today, Cunningham has been chasing shadows in his 2 games as a lone striker so far. 

Cunnigham not good enough to play on his own , in fact no CF in our squad could lead the line themselves

Get two up front or bring LJ back on loan before someone else does in our league or above

August huge month in relation to opposition were up against and points on the board very important before harder games come around

I doubt when the fixtures came out many expected anything from Falkirk and hibs away. The big disappointment was Bonnyrigg at home. 

Overall, I think we have a better squad and more depth in it. We won’t have the same goal threat as previous years but that was always going to be the case, I think what we’ll be hoping for is that Cunningham, Allan, McDonald can all get double figures or as close to as possible. Roberts, Duthie and the midfield need to chip in as well. 

Defensively we have Grant, Thicot and McLean which is a fairly strong centre back group. Full back we are probably the weakest in the squad. 

im still hoping for a left back and target man style striker. I do think we are a good bit ahead of Peterhead who are a bit of a mess and although they’ve made a few good signings, should be better than Edinburgh. 

Yeah I heard the same.  He doesnt really enjoy playing football and just in it for the money.
If that the case then not really the player you want to have.

Why not? He seems to be well liked by your support so he obviously doesn't let his lack of interest get in the way of his job.

The world is full of people doing jobs well that they don't like. I don't think it's any different in football. He won't be the only one with that view. Assou-Ekotto who played with Spurs was another who made it public he didn't like football. Still a decent LB.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Why not? He seems to be well liked by your support so he obviously doesn't let his lack of interest get in the way of his job.

The world is full of people doing jobs well that they don't like. I don't think it's any different in football. He won't be the only one with that view. Assou-Ekotto who played with Spurs was another who made it public he didn't like football. Still a decent LB.

Exactly what I been saying

Can he do a job out wide or is he best as a number nine? We have Gallagher and Salim as central strikers and tend to play McGill and Smith as pretty attacking wide players. If Jamieson can do that too then great but there’s plenty of competition to play through the middle.

Thoroughly annoying that one. The only thing I’m consoling myself with is that we already have several ‘wee guys’ upfront, so may benefit more for a bit more physicality in that area.

However, all of our ‘wee guys’ aren’t as good as Jamieson. He’ll do well for Airdrie, I’m pretty sure.

Don’t think there was ever much chance we’d get him back yet again, I assume he     and possibly St Mirren (although I suspect they won’t offer another contract when time comes) would rather try his luck with a side challenging for something at the end of the season, which I can’t see us doing. Unless of course we were able to get a couple or 3 others in key positions as well discussed before.

39 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Can he do a job out wide or is he best as a number nine? We have Gallagher and Salim as central strikers and tend to play McGill and Smith as pretty attacking wide players. If Jamieson can do that too then great but there’s plenty of competition to play through the middle.

He plays between the posts. We put him out wide at times when we were chasing a game but he's a finisher, not a creator.

2 minutes ago, David W said:

He plays between the posts. We put him out wide at times when we were chasing a game but he's a finisher, not a creator.

Cheers, that’s what I thought from seeing him too. We’re creating plenty of chances but none of our strikers have really got going yet so he should get plenty of opportunities.