Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

On 19/07/2022 at 07:05, You Only Live Twice said:

Always fun when the ‘true fan’ tit-for-tat rears its head, having lead to some rather interesting perspectives in the past.

Tell me, where do people who are unwilling to sacrifice a further 1.5hrs every second weekend or unable to fork out nearly £100 in transport fees alone over the course of a season in the current climate fit into this self-proclaimed elite club?

Just so I know how to address other Clyde followers over the coming months when communicating with them 👍🏻

I got some pelters on here a few days ago after stating that I wasn’t going back this season and I half expected it.it was really meant to be a backhanded compliment for this who do continue to go.. Then they won on Saturday and then you think…Oh wait it might be different…but I’ve been Down this road too often. My last game was the Aidrie game and I left after the third went in despite me really looking forward to saying gtf to Broadwood….as I said, unfortunately I don’t think I’m alone. 

Edited by Bob731

Enjoyable highlights and it was as comfortable as I remember. I think the highlights show that both McDonald and Allan were a handful for their opposite numbers. McDonald in particular was quite skilful, direct and not afraid to have a pop. Hopefully, he can continue that kind of showing.

Find it strange that Adam Livingston and Aaron Splaine still don’t have clubs, two young guys still developing surely the best move would have just been take a deal at Clyde then see what happens next season to get a potential move

4 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Find it strange that Adam Livingston and Aaron Splaine still don’t have clubs, two young guys still developing surely the best move would have just been take a deal at Clyde then see what happens next season to get a potential move

Which Splaine? I thought he added very little until the spring of last season. 

Livingston also got off to a slow return and struggled to get a regular start.  Undoubtedly an energetic player but lacking consistency.

I would have thought if either have the ability that they believe they have, they'd be better placed to get a move by playing 1st team football.

4 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Same, but I think the issues regarding both were fairly well discussed on here, on the OS and in person, with a bit of input from 'a relative' of Livingstone.

Livingstone is exploring full time options and as tends to happen, this can take a while. He could have been in and out of several clubs on trial that have shown an interest.

Splaine I find a little stranger given that he's added his name to the PFA available players list and supposedly was involved in the exit showcase, but was open about his apathy towards football.

On 18/07/2022 at 18:32, Weehowee said:

You where right in every point until you mentioned JONES would rather play my grandson a d he's just started walk

Off topic a bit but heard today Jonathan page scored a great goal for ek vv queens park ib a friendly

2 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Splaines not interested in football only does it for the money 

Yeah I heard the same.  He doesnt really enjoy playing football and just in it for the money.

If that the case then not really the player you want to have.

I was actually surprised to hear that about Splaine because even before he got up to speed last season and was playing poorly, he was still always looking for the ball and not hiding. Attitude didn't seem an issue although saying he doesn't like football and only being in it for money would've suggested otherwise. 

1 hour ago, clyde_r_us said:

Off topic a bit but heard today Jonathan page scored a great goal for ek vv queens park ib a friendly

Assuming this isn't a joke, it wasn't a great goal. Wee turn and hit from a knockdown from a corner that trickled over the line with the most backspin I've seen since Kerr Waddle's own goal for Morton vs Alloa.

Neil McLaughlin's goal was a screamer though.

7 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Splaines not interested in football only does it for the money 

Heard same and not a rumour down pub, believe player spoke to one of the managemenr team and advised the above...

Personally wish he was still with us but fair play being honest than taking a wage then deciding week(s) later heart not in it like some have done & contractul sruff becomes a nuisance for all comcerned..

Not bothered about Adam livingstone and time we closed the book on that chapter, been apparently ignoring DL over summer and another who may be struggling with the fact he aint playing for a PL team no longer or currently good enough...

Moving swiftly on. Noticed LJ unused sub for Stmirren last sat at Cowden and not in squad for Airdrie game..Worth a wee phone call ?!

Efter All. Still Yer Mithers Pride🇾🇪

Edited by shawfield shed boy

20 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Heard same and not a rumour down pub, believe player spoke to one of the managemenr team and advised the above...

Personally wish he was still with us but fair play being honest than taking a wage then deciding week(s) later heart not in it like some have done & contractul sruff becomes a nuisance for all comcerned..

Not bothered about Adam livingstone and time we closed the book on that chapter, been apparently ignoring DL over summer and another who may be struggling with the fact he aint playing for a PL team no longer or currently good enough...

Moving swiftly on. Noticed LJ unused sub for Stmirren last sat at Cowden and not in squad for Airdrie game..Worth a wee phone call ?!

We have what look to be very good striking options this year in Cunningham, Duthie, Allan and McDonald.

Would rather spend a loan in the defence.

On 20/07/2022 at 23:23, shawfield shed boy said:

Seems commited to the Clyde cause right enough. Can't seem to wait to get away after scoring a few goals.

Would he not be better signing for a team who would play him every week?

I can't work footballers out these days.

On 19/07/2022 at 20:05, Scott-Replay said:

Enjoyable highlights and it was as comfortable as I remember. I think the highlights show that both McDonald and Allan were a handful for their opposite numbers. McDonald in particular was quite skilful, direct and not afraid to have a pop. Hopefully, he can continue that kind of showing.

10 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

See Robert Jones scored a cracking goal for Finn Harps at the weekend.

Bring him home 

I for one am absolutely stunned that a player of Rob Jones quality is playing for a team with 12 points from 24 games, scandalous. 

LJ unused sub AGAIN v Edinburgh today

Previous two games v Airdrie/Cowden either not in squad or unused sub in those two high profile games like today

Would bet my last quid he.ll end up loan to someone like Ayr. Morton or Accies

Certainity in fact and that lad has to be on the pitch somewhere as clearly not fancied in paisley

Roll n Dumfries and Cuppa T