Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

30 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

41 minutes cost £5.30 off peak return

Around same price from Glasgow east end to Croy and without a 30min hike (one way) in summer or even worse winter

Hope as many supporters find their way to Hamilton as seems match day experiance at current stadia is night and day

Yer Mithers Pride

16 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

It we can turn up to watch the debacle of the Bomber Brown through to Ferguson era then I’m sure we can get through this,  at the end of the day it’s up to the supporters to ensure we survive because we don’t have any real investment on the horizon as far as I can see. 

For richness and poorness

What is everyone thinking re: signing requirements? I think a left back and a centre forward are essential.

Rodden just looked too far behind against Hibs and Bonnyrigg, with very questionable decision making to boot. Saying that, Hendji looked fine but he wasn't really tested much against a very poor Morton side. Up top, I wasn't really impressed by Jordan Allan in any of the games. That's not to say he won't come good, but I think we need someone with a bit more presence up front to hold the ball in and set our midfield/wide forwards, especially in L1.

18 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

What is everyone thinking re: signing requirements? I think a left back and a centre forward are essential.

Rodden just looked too far behind against Hibs and Bonnyrigg, with very questionable decision making to boot. Saying that, Hendji looked fine but he wasn't really tested much against a very poor Morton side. Up top, I wasn't really impressed by Jordan Allan in any of the games. That's not to say he won't come good, but I think we need someone with a bit more presence up front to hold the ball in and set our midfield/wide forwards, especially in L1.

I would agree with both of these as the key priority areas, would also maybe add another CB for a bit of depth and also gives us the option of a system with three CBs if we want at some point.

For me a LB too and a central midfield player to compliment Grant, if we are to assume he will start. We all know his strengths but similarly we also know that he will not create nor will he push the team on that valuable 30-40 yards that might create something. I hate to keep repeating it but we need creativity in the middle of the park. Would allow Cuddihy to be the “busy” player without trying to hard be creative which is not his game either. 

Can’t actually see where Gomis fits in now other than cover or as an effective sub to bring on to protect a lead if we are in that fortunate position in games. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

I don’t think Rodden done much wrong against Bonnyrigg, he’s maybe lacking a bit of physicality if anything. If we can get better then we should do it though. 

Up front we need a target man style striker, we have a good few runners in that area but nobody like McGachie(not that I think he’s good but everything goes through him for Bonnyrigg), to hold it up and bring others into play. 

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

What we need is what we had last year but dont have any more

LB - Adam Livingstone

CM - Aaron Splaine (who would work better with Grant/Cuddihy rather than Gomis/ANother) or someone creative like a Dylan Easton type

CF - someone who can hold the ball up to let others into players as everyone we have up front is too lightweight.  So a DGW (now know that isnt going to happen) so someone of the stature of Rob Jones but who can actually use their physical presence to hold the ball up.

Reality is i dont think there will be any new signings as currently the squad is 21 which is really 2 or 3 too many so if anyone coming in will likely be on loan.

7 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Whoever can partner wee olly the best between Cunningham, Allen or an other

21 minutes ago, Weehowee said:

You where right in every point until you mentioned JONES would rather play my grandson a d he's just started walking 

Said someone of the stature of Jones and not actually Rob Jones.  

Would be better with a statute than Rob Jones

I don’t think there is any chance Danny will bring in another forward, I think he has set his stall on Allan being his ‘marquee’ forward player and that he and Cunningham would / will be the starting front 2.  That said McDonald has given him a nice problem to think about.

Of course this would not be m thinking, I’d definitely be looking  at  another body Although as I said earlier we 100% need another mid field player even at the expense of anyone else.

We have 21 players signed including two lads on Amateur terms...

Fair chance or more thats our squad complete due to numbers and reasons above..

Last wage i assume was spent on keeping Cuddihy but do agree we seem to lack or or two or is that simply down to some unrecognisable players/signings..

Season starts at Dumfries n beyond...

Yer Mithers Pride

Edited by shawfield shed boy

My commute to the games has changed over the years.

For Shawfield I had a 40 minute walk ( 20 minutes there 20 minutes back)

For Broadwood 50 minutes there 50 minutes back using 2 buses

For Hamilton 25 minutes there 25 minutes back 1 bus

Travel free now with the old farts bus pass.

More times than I can remember on the bus home, I thought that’s me finished watching that shit, but by the time Monday came around I couldn’t wait for the next game.

Always fun when the ‘true fan’ tit-for-tat rears its head, having lead to some rather interesting perspectives in the past.
Tell me, where do people who are unwilling to sacrifice a further 1.5hrs every second weekend or unable to fork out nearly £100 in transport fees alone over the course of a season in the current climate fit into this self-proclaimed elite club?
Just so I know how to address other Clyde followers over the coming months when communicating with them [emoji1303]
Also factor in fares for any children. It can soon mount up.

Not everyone has the spare income to go to games. That doesn't make them less of a fan.

I was only a 10 min bus up the road to Broadwood from Kirky but now a bit more of a journey to Accies. Not really complaining though after having it easy for so long.

Squad wise, it was encouraging to hear about to many changes on Saturday and the "reserves" seemed to do their chances no harm at all, albeit against a dreadful Morton side. Early days but we could've found a wee gem in Olly McDonald. Had a good cameo against Bonnyrigg and was excellent on Saturday by all accounts. That through ball for the first penalty award was sensational. 

I think it’s clear that watching Clyde over last 10 years in particular has been a tough shift. As such I think some people will no doubt question whether they have the time or inclination to keep going and I admit being there many times, blind loyalty being the main motivation to keep turning up. Certainly don’t  go to away games now. I suppose also it doesn’t then take much to sway the decision when in that mindset, changing travel being one, although Hamilton is actually much closer for me. Goodwillie situation I assume made others mind up  for them also. 
In the end like all clubs at our level it only takes a few fans to make a significant financial hit to the club and that is the worry. A decent product on the pitch of course is the biggest factor. 

9 hours ago, CM. said:

I was only a 10 min bus up the road to Broadwood from Kirky but now a bit more of a journey to Accies. Not really complaining though after having it easy for so long.

Squad wise, it was encouraging to hear about to many changes on Saturday and the "reserves" seemed to do their chances no harm at all, albeit against a dreadful Morton side. Early days but we could've found a wee gem in Olly McDonald. Had a good cameo against Bonnyrigg and was excellent on Saturday by all accounts. That through ball for the first penalty award was sensational. 

I wondered who played that pass, inch perfect.

On 19/07/2022 at 07:05, You Only Live Twice said:

Always fun when the ‘true fan’ tit-for-tat rears its head, having lead to some rather interesting perspectives in the past.

Tell me, where do people who are unwilling to sacrifice a further 1.5hrs every second weekend or unable to fork out nearly £100 in transport fees alone over the course of a season in the current climate fit into this self-proclaimed elite club?

Just so I know how to address other Clyde followers over the coming months when communicating with them 👍🏻

I got some pelters on here a few days ago after stating that I wasn’t going back this season and I half expected it.it was really meant to be a backhanded compliment for this who do continue to go.. Then they won on Saturday and then you think…Oh wait it might be different…but I’ve been Down this road too often. My last game was the Aidrie game and I left after the third went in despite me really looking forward to saying gtf to Broadwood….as I said, unfortunately I don’t think I’m alone. 

Edited by Bob731