Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Wasn’t there yesterday but having seen the clip there and from midweek I quite liked the look of Duthie. Very quick, direct and always looks like he’ll take a man on. End product wasn’t always great but he tries often enough that things will come off during the season. 

Good finish from McDonald, also liked the look of him when he came on the other night. 

We have Peterhead, Kelty and Edinburgh early in the season and it’s important we get points on the board early from that run of games. 

Two nice goals. I didn’t remember the crowd looking quite so sparse at the game. I saw the crowd was given as 435 today. Yikes!
Yeh a very poor crowd from both teams. Sadly this will be our course if we can't sort a small stadium out somewhere with good transport links like Hamilton and really pish to attract people local to watch us. Again thst also some down to product on the park which will need the CIC failure thrown and try get serious business minded people with money

It is a poor attendance yesterday but interestingly, we had broadly similar numbers for the first two games of the LC campaign last year - including a game against Kilmarnock which was a surprise.

The first couple of league games had us around the 600 mark so that’s the benchmark for the start of the season - and we can see how much we have to do in Hamilton.

It is a poor attendance yesterday but interestingly, we had broadly similar numbers for the first two games of the LC campaign last year - including a game against Kilmarnock which was a surprise.
The first couple of league games had us around the 600 mark so that’s the benchmark for the start of the season - and we can see how much we have to do in Hamilton.
I will say Hamilton is much easier for myself coming from Ayrshire either driving wise or via train (which is now a viable option to NDP) its what I was saying yesterday the board have ti get right in term of location is transport links readily available via train and bus to the city centre

26 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

The two games last year were limited by covid restrictions.

Reality is we will have a home support of 300-400 when the league starts

Overall attendance will be boosted when the likes of Dunfermline, Falkirk and Airdrie visit but true attendance will be seen when we play the likes of Edinburgh, Peterhead, Montrose

We will still have those fans that have been coming for years since the Shawfield days.  Suspect will lose a lot of the Cumbernauld fan base and don’t think we will pick up many new fans locally from Hamilton to compensate for the lost Cumbernauld fans

So overall I would expect the home attendance to be round about 300-400

The question of the Cumbernauld based fans is an interesting one. I’m one of them and while I haven’t been to either of the home games yet this season - illness and family commitments - I am still intending to be there for at least the majority.

I still think there might be a decent contingent of Cumbernauld fans heading along because I don’t think you can switch off that fandom so quickly and it’s not as if Hamilton is a million miles away, it’s only really another 20 odd minutes down the motorway. We might lose out on some casual fans from Cnauld that used to pop along but that’s where we can hopefully be smart to attract some extras along in some form.

I think you’re right, Ignoramous. My dad and I are both Cumbernauld fans and we’ve both purchased season tickets. I think we’ll lose the casual few dozen Cumbernauld residents who sometimes came along and some of the groups of youngsters we had at games last year. Craig Rodger, of HomesBook Factoring, did a great job getting these young guys along and hopefully he can do something similar for the league games.

Cumbernauld fans that I've spoken to, a couple have chucked it, another few will still go every week and the majority are in the middle and will still try and go as often as they can.

We need to get a new permanent ground in Glasgow sorted really quickly as I can't see us picking up many if any new fans while at Hamilton to replace any that do stop going.

As ever ultimately it’s what’s on the park that will determine whether folk turn up.. in the off chance we win first 3 game (yes I know!) then it would be interesting to see the crowd numbers and those on the fence might just come. As people are saying match day experience seems to be much better. Certainly be less freezing  from October onwards.

Also be nice to get it round NLC if  we get decent crowds. 

We have been losing fans last few years because who wants to fork out for a ST and then travel round the country getting pumped and narrowly avoiding relegation every season, we won’t attract any new supporters anywhere we go until we start playing half decent football regularly 

1 hour ago, BullyWeeLad said:

We have been losing fans last few years because who wants to fork out for a ST and then travel round the country getting pumped and narrowly avoiding relegation every season, we won’t attract any new supporters anywhere we go until we start playing half decent football regularly 

Ermm true fans Will do

Who wants to? Literally anyone who is a genuine fan of the club. No matter how shit we are or how much the board piss me off with their small minded incompetence I buy my season ticket year in year out and go to as many games (work permitting etc) as I can get to

Also to add one, I'm from neither Cumbernauld or Rutherglen/Glasgow but still go.