Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

2 hours ago, Bob731 said:

Good luck to all of you who are going to continue watching Clyde this season. I’m taking a step back for the foseeable. The thought of winning less than the 9 league games we won last season doesn’t do it for me. I don’t enjoy that at all. Fingers crossed that things improve and would gladly be proved wrong 🙏🙏🙏

1E9A571A-176E-44B9-80E3-97BA78AC5CE0.jpeg

10 hours ago, Cutty Sark said:

Chucking the season and writing off players after a game against Premier League Hibs/a poor performance against an up for it Bonnyrigg.

Peak P&B Clyde forum stuff this.

It’s been a long time coming Cutty Sark for me..not just recently….the last 3 seasons have been really difficult with the odd highlight…I don’t think I’m alone unfortunately. 

It’s been a long time coming Cutty Sark for me..not just recently….the last 3 seasons have been really difficult with the odd highlight…I don’t think I’m alone unfortunately. 

The last 3 seasons have been better (football wise - obviously the covid spell was a bit shite from a fans pov) than most of the decade before where we struggled in the league below this one.

As mentioned by another poster trips to falkirk, Dunfermline, airdrie, qots, etc are light years ahead of being stuck in the basement league and regularly getting done off Elgin, Berwick, etc

Looking ahead at the shifting landscape of lower leagues in Scotland I think league one is as good as it’s going to get for us and actually staying at this level for any length of time will provide a serious challenge in the seasons to come.

35 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Looking ahead at the shifting landscape of lower leagues in Scotland I think league one is as good as it’s going to get for us and actually staying at this level for any length of time will provide a serious challenge in the seasons to come.

Agree with this. Unless we get rid of the CIC model and find some serious investors from somewhere who can shove a good amount of money into the club and allow us to go back full time, we’ll be lucky to stay above league 2 over the next few years 

1 hour ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Agree with this. Unless we get rid of the CIC model and find some serious investors from somewhere who can shove a good amount of money into the club and allow us to go back full time, we’ll be lucky to stay above league 2 over the next few years 

I can see us in the Lowland League within 5 years - that’s me being optimistic!

4 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Well this will be a long day, we've seen the first 11 and how poor they are so I can only imagine how bad the subs are

Wouldnt say is total sub side.  Maybe 5 are what would be considered non starters normally

This is the game to give them a try and see what they have got.  Also great opportunity for the players to stake a claim for a first team start when league kicks off

We are either going to be;

1. Pleasantly surprised 

2. Confirm that these players are the second string and will have a bit part influence over the season 

Not been impressed with the supposed first team so far so happy to see if any of the back ups are any good - not feeling that optimistic mind you.

Lets see what I say come 5pm

First time seeing the team today. Playing quite well so far. Olly McDonald looks to have a bit about him and Scullion is fairly physical in midfield. Allan has been quite effective upfront despite his penalty miss. Hendji has been okay at left back too. Given there are about 6 players on the bench who I would say would be in our first XI, I don’t have an awful lot to complain about. Morton have been woeful, quite frankly. Surely they can’t be that bad in the second half?

2 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Wouldnt say is total sub side.  Maybe 5 are what would be considered non starters normally

This is the game to give them a try and see what they have got.  Also great opportunity for the players to stake a claim for a first team start when league kicks off

We are either going to be;

1. Pleasantly surprised 

2. Confirm that these players are the second string and will have a bit part influence over the season 

Not been impressed with the supposed first team so far so happy to see if any of the back ups are any good - not feeling that optimistic mind you.

Lets see what I say come 5pm

Would have to say pleasantly surprised by the reserves

Thought McDonald, Scullion and Cameron played well.

Though Morton didn’t look up to much

Scullion was excellent but the team played really well. Morton were garbage but we took full advantage.

Got the train from Cumbernauld to Hamilton and into the stadium bar for about 1pm. Everything about it is night and day from Broadwood, warm welcome, much better facilities, everything. Better “match day experience” than Broadwood ever mustered up. 

Well that’s a bit more encouraging, got to start somewhere so the players will take a  wee bit of confidence in after that. Still fair bit to go and a couple of key signings (can’t see that right enough) but still glimmer of green shoots today.