Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Bradley Hurst is poor from high balls so why play him against a team who thump high balls up 90% of the game. 
Kind of like arguing "Player X doesn't score goals, so why play him against a team who we'll get plenty of chances against".

Just now, SLClyde said:

Broomhill had a double digit average attendance last year so I find it hard to believe all these people have converted to supporting them. Folk jumping on a bandwagon that think people like Paul Slane are funny. 

Aye, I think they might get some decent turnouts for the novelty factor over the first few months. Until folk realise that watching a Lowland League game is not equal in entertainment value to a podcast. I can't see many Old Firm fans being bothered heading to Broadwood every second Saturday for Open Goal against the Shire, Tranent or whoever.

The fascinating question for me is what happens if Si Ferry turns out to be a shocker of a gaffer. How can they empty him if they are getting battered each week when the team is branded in his name? 

2 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Maybe they will or maybe they won’t.

However, I think we are certainties to go down this year.  

I thought that last year and without DGW goals we would have.

Without any player scoring double figures this year and a defence that has shipped 7 in two competitive games this year we will go down.  Only saving grace will be Edinburgh and Peterhead but don’t think both will finish below us

Then just needs Broomhill to get promoted which with the financial backing they have they will do in the next few years

Over a thousand season tickets sold is a good start you would have to agree?  Don’t know if we ever sold over a thousand season tickets in a season?  Perhaps maybe the first year or when we game kids ones away for £5

They are also playing a Friday night at home which is a good idea to get the neutral or fan of another team playing on a Saturday along

Already they seem to have more of an idea of how to generate support than we ever did.

Think we thought we just needed to rock up and the fans would turn up

They did in the first season but the team,much like is looking this year, was p1sh back then too.

Oh and by the way.  That is now just 1 win in the last 8 competitive games (or 2 wins in 15)

If my auntie had wheels she would be a bicycle. Saying “if we didn’t have DGW we would be…” it’s redundant. We did have him until he went to Raith and coped after he left for HALF a season. If we had 11 DGW’s we would be in the championship this season…

where are you getting the number 1000 for season tickets sold? Nothing on their Twitter about that.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, SLClyde said:
Bradley Hurst is poor from high balls so why play him against a team who thump high balls up 90% of the game. 

Kind of like arguing "Player X doesn't score goals, so why play him against a team who we'll get plenty of chances against".

He wears number 10, he scores now ad then....... Naw it won't catch on

22 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

The change of keeper has happened so we’ll see how JBH goes tonight. I do think team is probably our best at the moment.

Does anyone know about Thicot?

Saw him in the stand

where are you getting the number 1000 for season tickets sold? Nothing on their Twitter about that.

That does seem somewhat implausible. Unless there's some sort of subscribe to the podcast and get a free season ticket sort of deal. Bonnyrigg have done brilliantly to get half that number in the league above.

Some decent play and movement through the midfield, but in defence and the final third, we were total lightweights. Both CB’s were bullied, JBH looked like a boy playing against men, Cuddihy looked a shadow of himself. 

That does seem somewhat implausible. Unless there's some sort of subscribe to the podcast and get a free season ticket sort of deal. Bonnyrigg have done brilliantly to get half that number in the league above.
The proof of the pudding will be actual match day attendances

For example, I'd be surprised if their league game in November against a team like Gretna had more than a couple of hundred (max) attending.

If they get close to a 1000 I'll eat my words

Some decent play and movement through the midfield, but in defence and the final third, we were total lightweights. Both CB’s were bullied, JBH looked like a boy playing against men, Cuddihy looked a shadow of himself. 

Cuddihy wasn't great.

I thought Lyon looked better when he came on. Whether that was down to a tactical change I've no idea.

3 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

From a source

I couldn’t believe it either but they said they were signing Kirk Broadfoot long before it happened so no reason to doubt what they told me

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

The proof of the pudding will be actual match day attendances

For example, I'd be surprised if their league game in November against a team like Gretna had more than a couple of hundred (max) attending.

If they get close to a 1000 I'll eat my words

Totally agree and would be a surprise but if they have sold 1000+ season tickets and they get off to a good start, play attractive football and generate some interest then it is possible as the support is there as we showed when we first moved there.

Remember a midweek game v Morton (I think) in the first season at Broadwood on a freezing winter night and there was something like 2k at the game

Edited by Bullyweeno1

1 hour ago, TheBigGuy said:

Looking forward to another season of Danny's monologues. Spending most of them thanking the fantastic support.

Can’t wait for the quotes

”the boys are showing up well in training”

“the boys gave their all today and were caught out by 5 breakaways…..so they were”

“we just need that break to win our first game”…..quote in November

“We are a young squad and just need to give our all for our fantastic fans…..so we do” 

😂😂😂

Anyone entertaining the idea that Broomhill have shifted 1000 season tickets is off their rocker quite frankly.

If they had then you can sure as hell know they would have let us know about it by now.

Parry

Cuddihy, McLean, P. Grant, Rodden

R. Grant, Gomis 

Roberts

Cunningham, Allan, Duthie

Seems like this will generally be our starting line up for the beginning of the season unless more is added, with maybe Thicot replacing McLean Despite the results so far, I don't think it's too bad for a team looking to finish mid-table in League 1. We absolutely need another left back and centre forward, preferably starters and not as back up.

Great to be discussing actual football and lineups etc.

I agree that is probably our best 11 players🤯. But I think a line up like that will get ripped wide open in midfield, not to mention the lack of creativity (problem for years now other than Splain’s contribution got last 2-3 months of last season.

Unless we address that we will 100% struggle as we will for pace at the back.

Sorry for the  negativity,  but it’s carbon copy players we have had for years minus you know who of course unfortunately. 

I would agree that I don’t think you can play Grant and Gomis together, they’re too similar. I’d love a more creative centre midfielder to put their foot on the ball, as well as the LB and CF shouts. Another CB so that Cassidy isn’t really playing is another area of need.

Thicot should add pace to the defence. Can fair get about for his age apparently. 

I think we have potential to spring some surprises against teams we're not expected to take anything against on counter attacks but we struggled to break down Bonnyrigg the other night in similar ways we struggled to break down Dumbarton, Peterhead and Cowdenbeath in the past with their rigid shapes, which worries me for the fixtures against Peterhead and Edinburgh especially as we like gifting a goal or 2 a game. As above hopefully some presence in the middle of the park and final third to be added yet. Have a feeling we might see Livingstone back too the longer he goes without a club which would give Rodden some much needed competition.