Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Whether we're paying them or not I would rather we just never brought in players who clearly aren't going to play. We ended Saturday with Gomis and R Grant at CB while Cassidy sat on the bench and ended last night with Kennedy at LB while Hendji sat on the bench. It's quite obvious that even Lennon thinks these guys are pish. 

We seem to love gifting goals/chances through individual errors. Did Bonnyrigg create a single chance that wasn't handed on a plate to them? 

Some good passages from us but a final ball or even a presence in the box was desperately lacking. I lost count of the amount of times Lyon and Rodden had the ball out wide in space in the 2nd half but had to play backwards because there was nothing to hit. Was right in line with McDonalds ball across that Cunningham was inches from connecting with, that was very unlucky and the pass was about the best he could do to get the ball round the Bonnyrigg defender. 

Nobody is telling me JBH is a better option than Parry anymore. 

1 minute ago, CM. said:

To add, we must be the worst team in the world for former players (good and bad) to come back and score against us.

It was fairly stunning to watch McGachie boss our centre backs in the air every single time.

There was a very annoying older couple a few rows in front of me who just would not shut up with the 'fat b*****d' comments, so I did secretly enjoy McGachie getting it right up them.

9 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

This is real worry as with a dwindling support we could easily be one of the 4/5 older clubs to disappear never to come back again

We had the chance to build things over 25+ years at Broadwood but regime over regime blew it.  When someone who could have built something came along (Ronnie MacDonald) we chased him out the door to Hamilton Accies

Wait and see the impact Broomhill have at Broadwood over the next 5 years - they will be one of the clubs to bypass us.

They will shake things up and build a support in Cumbernauld and the surrounding area.  They have supposedly sold over 1k season tickets already for the season ahead.  More than 5x what we had last year

You’re deluded if you think Broomhill will build any kind of support in Cumbernauld or bypass us in the league.

On the game itself, I thought we looked good and had some nice phases of play until we gifted them the first goal. God knows what Peter Grant was doing, he should’ve fired it into row Z but didn’t and they took full advantage.

The less said about JBH for the second one the better. Unbelievably amateur goalkeeping for that goal and a couple of other incidents.

Cunningham took his goal well. We definitely struggle to break teams down who sit in and we always have done. We were also far too negative last night, too many sideways passes and passes all the way back to the defence when we were 20 yards from goal. Totally killed off any momentum we had and allowed them to get organised and defend well.

They are a very one dimensional team but that’s all they needed last night. Big improvements needed but there’s still time to iron out some of the major issues for the league starts.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

2 hours ago, Bob731 said:

If that’s the case about Broomhill, then what a slap in the face that is to us because as you said, the potential was there.

Another slap in the face is the council only charging them £8k rent, about 20% of what we were paying when the council supposedly couldn't go any lower.

This is real worry as with a dwindling support we could easily be one of the 4/5 older clubs to disappear never to come back again
We had the chance to build things over 25+ years at Broadwood but regime over regime blew it.  When someone who could have built something came along (Ronnie MacDonald) we chased him out the door to Hamilton Accies
Wait and see the impact Broomhill have at Broadwood over the next 5 years - they will be one of the clubs to bypass us.
They will shake things up and build a support in Cumbernauld and the surrounding area.  They have supposedly sold over 1k season tickets already for the season ahead.  More than 5x what we had last year

Naming themselves after a podcast and targeting armchair old firm fans, no thanks.

An absolute abomination of a club.

Delighted we're keeping within budget(we don't plan any progression) and not advancing in the League Cup (any cup competition), why would we be not trying our best to qualify through the group and earn a few bob for our well documented player budget!!.......... another missed opportunity............. yip I know new squad being assembled, need time to gel, things will get better, however same old same old, keep the chin up, 

C'mon glass half full, give us something to cheer us up and look forward to each week apart from the nice looking strips

It pisses me off that year after year we treat the league cup as preseason.

Why not play our best team and try to win? Repeatedly we see Premier and Championship teams caught cold being turned over by League one and League two teams.

If we want to treat one of the two major cup tournaments in Scotland as friendlies then charge us £5 for the privilege and stop moaning about the lack of funding.

8 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Why not play our best team and try to win? Repeatedly we see Premier and Championship teams caught cold being turned over by League one and League two teams.

If we want to treat one of the two major cup tournaments in Scotland as friendlies then charge us £5 for the privilege and stop moaning about the lack of funding.

You lose a couple of grand in prize money per position in the groups. Makes the decision to play an obviously poor goalkeeper even more idiotic.

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

I agree, but who out of this current squad could be adde to the starting 11 to create our best team?

from what can see recruitment seems a mile off yet again.

8 minutes ago, CM. said:

Saw a guy in a Clyde tracksuit sitting next to Thicot who I never recognised and every other player we've got signed was in the squad so possibly a new face imminent. 

He was out running with Thicot pre-match as well.

11 minutes ago, CM. said:

Saw a guy in a Clyde tracksuit sitting next to Thicot who I never recognised and every other player we've got signed was in the squad so possibly a new face imminent. 

Oh that’ll be the other lad who doesn’t have a work permit/visa most likely.

4 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

You’re deluded if you think Broomhill will build any kind of support in Cumbernauld or bypass us in the league.

Maybe they will or maybe they won’t.

However, I think we are certainties to go down this year.  

I thought that last year and without DGW goals we would have.

Without any player scoring double figures this year and a defence that has shipped 7 in two competitive games this year we will go down.  Only saving grace will be Edinburgh and Peterhead but don’t think both will finish below us

Then just needs Broomhill to get promoted which with the financial backing they have they will do in the next few years

Over a thousand season tickets sold is a good start you would have to agree?  Don’t know if we ever sold over a thousand season tickets in a season?  Perhaps maybe the first year or when we game kids ones away for £5

They are also playing a Friday night at home which is a good idea to get the neutral or fan of another team playing on a Saturday along

Already they seem to have more of an idea of how to generate support than we ever did.

Think we thought we just needed to rock up and the fans would turn up

They did in the first season but the team,much like is looking this year, was p1sh back then too.

Oh and by the way.  That is now just 1 win in the last 8 competitive games (or 2 wins in 15)

Edited by Bullyweeno1

19 minutes ago, CM. said:

I think the take home from that is that it’s another face that no one recognises! Another in a long line now of nobody’s uncovered by Diamond/ Lennon/ Moore or whoever else takes the blame for another season wasted due to inability to do their job!

8 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I think the take home from that is that it’s another face that no one recognises! Another in a long line now of nobody’s uncovered by Diamond/ Lennon/ Moore or whoever else takes the blame for another season wasted due to inability to do their job!

I don't think the fact I didn't recognise him doesn't immediately make someone a bad player :lol: I do know we've had a CB in training that picked up an injury in one of the friendlies so maybe him