Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Everything Bonnyrigg have got out of that half has been a gift, I don't think they have been good at all.

Woeful kickout from JBH and a soft tackle by P. Grant for the first, I also think JBH could have prevented the corner for the second as well as not making the bigger error at the actual goal. Then the mess which should have resulted in a third. He wasn't culpable for leaving the Bonnyrigg striker through on goal for what should also have been 3-0.

I think we've had some nice passages of play but there's no way this is translating to playing against actual teams when the league starts. 

Fecken embarrassing,.

5-0 is a embarrassment followed by a defeat to newly promoted team is bordering on last chance saloon. I get it’s very early days, but we’ve seen this all too recently and we can all see we are miles off it.

Thing is the budget is pissed against the wall!
Again!

This is a massive wake up call before the league starts. But that is clutching!

The biggest concern for me was that the area I gained hope from was our CB pairing, but McGachie bullied them tonight which really doesn’t bode well.

This is going to be four defeats going into the league campaign before a trip to QoS who have had a good summer, might be time to hide under the duvet for a while 

Time for the familiar pattern now…

Danny going completely defensive on the park and a pile of draws (if we are lucky as we don’t have Goodie) followed by a raft of the signed player going out on load to lowland league. Our own loans coming in and brutal games to follow so we can keep in touch till next window! 

We can just write the script now.
We have not learned anything!

The biggest concern for me was that the area I gained hope from was our CB pairing, but McGachie bullied them tonight which really doesn’t bode well.
This is going to be four defeats going into the league campaign before a trip to QoS who have had a good summer, might be time to hide under the duvet for a while 
I was really surprised how slow Peter Grant looked.

Both centre halves looked weak.

5 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I was really surprised how slow Peter Grant looked.

I’m not he was slow 5 years ago

Usually makes up with it with his football brain but playing beside someone who is even slower than him doesn’t help

Key is you need at least one of your CH to have pace in L1 and the fastest we have is Peter Grant who is a knowingly slow player

32 minutes ago, Johnny Worm said:

We’ll be one of the loveliest passing teams ever to get relegated

The 1 thing worse than technically poor players, is poor players who think they're better than they are. 

We really don't help ourselves.  For all our pretty patterns, I recall their keeper having 1 save in the 2nd half.  We fanny about as if we're Barca with our goal kicks and end up rushing a punt up the park.  I'm astonished we managed to score so many in the closed door matches as we never looked like troubling their keeper.