Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Watched the goals, does not look good at all. Huge individual and collective mistakes on show. From keeper to supposed full backs, central defenders and what looked like an anonymous  central midfield. Chasing shadows in every single goal conceded.

Hopefully it’s a one off (not convinced) especially as those sides we think may be around us next season seemed able to compete with their “top flight” opposition at the weekend 

On 10/07/2022 at 13:29, Brian Carrigan said:

Do people really want JBH to be the number 1 in the league over Neil Parry, literally one of the best PT goalkeepers in the SPFL over the last decade and a half?

JBH only made 6 apps in total last season and looked fine. Had a decent game against Airdrie whilst still making some glaring errors.

100% agree regarding Neil Parry.  An outstanding Goalkeeper and we’re lucky to have him 

I have to agree, Parry now is decent nothing more , last season I think despite several good point blank saves he was also was suspect both with a few “early” shots and not particularly dominant dealing with crosses, defence didn’t help I get that. Granted he is probably as good as we can get given out circumstances but nowhere near the Keeper Alloa had. 
However, by no means our biggest problem that is clear it has to be said.

Edited by FREDDYFRY

2 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

A group of us bumped into Neil at Belfast airport back around Easter, and his exact words were “Oh, some Clyde fans who actually like me!’.

I was a bit surprised by that at the time but it’s starting to become a little clearer now 🙄

Granted we got rattled by Hibs but his persona was a little dejected at the weekend too. We need to get right behind him this season and show him some support, make no mistake we were lucky to replace Mitchell so quickly with such quality.

Hate to think if we'd been unlucky

Agree that we were incredibly lucky that Parry becoming available lined up with Mitchell leaving. If he wasn't available, maybe Wullie Muir would have been a shout, but there certainly wasn't any other goalkeeper of similar quality available to us at the time and we wouldn't be able to sign anyone of a better standard now.

Hopefully he was joking when he said that he thinks Clyde fans don't like him because the sane ones definitely do!

Edited by Brian Carrigan

Was talking to a guy earlier who goes to Pollok games and mentioned John Sweeney playing against them, I’ll never get over his legendary status at the time. 
Genuinely shows just how bad we were at one time before the trap door. The likes of sweeney and Pat Scullion being worshiped

I can assure everyone that Pat Scullions cult following wasn't because anyone thought he was a good footballer. 

Looking forward to tonight to see how we fare against a side more our level. Can't forsee many changes, perhaps a start for Allan.