Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

9 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Then the ref started the match!

Not sure we should read too much into today's match.

You can read the fact that we have two pub league fullbacks and are the softest team I've seen in midfield and up top.

Can’t even be bothered putting in my rant!

Cant even be bothered looking back to last season to cut and  paste one from last season as we are just the same!

Lennon just doesn’t seem to learn.. and that’s all I’m going to say on the matter.

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Wasn’t there but hearing Ray not great, Mclean well off it, Rodden? Jury out, Lyons did ok. 
peter Grant will be fine. 

what’s the deal with Thicot? Been playing in Europe don’t tell me post Brexit rules giving visa issue? 
Cuddihy tired but not surprising as had Covid recently.

Maybe today not best barometer- side thrown together over past few days and playing a full time team with new boss out to prove! 

Not an inspiring result but I wouldn’t look too much into todays result. The majority of the squad is new and have only played a handful of games together. Today was away against a far superior team with a new manager to impress. Only positive is we didn’t concede in the second half. 

The game on Wednesday will be a better game To judge the squad and the season ahead.

I wasn’t there but my only criticism would be (from the starting line up on Twitter) it looked like we could be playing a 4-3-3, was that the case?

22 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Not an inspiring result but I wouldn’t look too much into todays result. The majority of the squad is new and have only played a handful of games together. Today was away against a far superior team with a new manager to impress. Only positive is we didn’t concede in the second half. 

The game on Wednesday will be a better game To judge the squad and the season ahead.

I wasn’t there but my only criticism would be (from the starting line up on Twitter) it looked like we could be playing a 4-3-3, was that the case?

442 to start, changed to 451 during first half. 

Still a bit of potential there in comparison with last year's squad but we desperately need a bit of physical presence up front and in the centre of midfield. For example, Goodwillie and Splaine (not saying those two specifically). 

Probably an unfair match to judge us on but I'm just glad Hibs tailed off in the 2nd half or that could've been really, really embarrassing.

I actually thought we started the game okay then we just completely lost it in the rest of the first half once the scoring was opened. One of Doidges in particular where he completely miskicked the ball and still reacted first to poke it in was disappointing. 

Watching R.Grant and Gomis end the game as the centre half pairing was quite something!

These cup games are pretty much pre-season friendlies so not going to read to much into it but in saying that there really wasn't any positives to take away from the match.

Hibs waltzed through our midfield and defence at will and some of the goals we lost were very poor.

Struggling to give anyone pass marks and there is a real lack of height in the team outwith the two centre halves.

Do people really want JBH to be the number 1 in the league over Neil Parry, literally one of the best PT goalkeepers in the SPFL over the last decade and a half?

JBH only made 6 apps in total last season and looked fine. Had a decent game against Airdrie whilst still making some glaring errors.

The 0-3 Peterhead game cemented that JBH isn’t ready to be a 1st choice keeper, in my eyes. He’s made some very decent saves when he’s played but he’s also too error prone at the moment. I’m quite happy with him being backup, however.