Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

2 minutes ago, Diamond10 said:

Solid signing from Clyde and certainly a higher calibre than previous signings. Would’ve taken Grant at Airdrie.

Do Clyde ever plan on ever fully leaving Broadwood? Strange to still unveil players there.

I’m sure I’ve heard it’s something to do with running down the last wee bit of the lease for the use of office spaces there which, it appears, is separate from renting the pitch. Somewhat understandably, I suppose, as the club have already paid for the use of the office space, they don’t want to pay extra for the use of the office space at NDP until we have to.

We have had the most departures in the entire Scottish League and therefore most arrivals too according to this…very interesting when highlighted like this. Is really is a new chapter on AND off the field….

FCBF801A-8865-4C13-99A7-EDE63C07AD09.png

D081EDBB-2864-4E17-ABB8-02B00E7C5EEA.png

We must've been up there in the ins/outs last summer too so the fact we're at it again shows how poor the recruitment was. 

Really happy Grant's on board, we actually had Michael Doyle in training too before he went to train with Accies which would've been excellent but always a long shot when there's full time interest. 

I thought last seasons squad was bloated. At this level I always feel like a smaller pool with higher quality pays off more than flinging shite at the wall and seeing what sticks. Obviously there’s a risk if a higher quality player gets injured, but realistically you’d be replacing a good player with one that’s worse, as opposed to replacing a substandard player with one of similar lack of quality. Either way you end up in the same place.

Hopefully bringing Grant in is a sign that we are actually looking at bringing some higher quality players in as opposed to just being the luck of nepotism.

On 17/06/2022 at 17:39, Jack Phillips said:

Someone get Ray Grant on the phone to his brother

Buzzing that Danny’s made this happen. A signing that nobody can moan at. If he can stay fit he will be an unreal addition. The pairing of Grant and Thicot on paper looks really good for league 1. Now we need to be careful with the remaining few signings and make sure it’s quality of quantity. Still have the loan market for that as well. Finally feeling a bit optimistic now about our squad 🇾🇪

1 minute ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I’ve not been too worried about the recruitment so far compared to others but what a boost getting Peter Grant in and the quality he has at this level. The fact fans of other clubs are positive about him says a lot, can’t remember the last time we had that!

Just to ruin yer day... Peter Grant is one of the worst centre halves I've ever seen at Morton. Absolute bombscare. 

My concern is still midfield where we have zero creativity (don’t want Cunningham there, up front only please) As far as goals, we will be like most sides, don’t think anyone has a prolific scorer, they are just not available in our league’s budget, certainly we will never have a striker who will come close to Goodie…. ever! So I’d rather us concentrate on some proper quality in the middle of the park that might compliment Grants tidy contribution.

Really don’t know what the fullbacks will be like tbh. 

1 hour ago, BullyWeeLad said:

I actually think we are a few players away from a good team now, just worried where the goals are going to come from need a striker to pull up the socks and score some goals now that Goodie is away

Realistically what we need is players like Cunningham, Duthie etc chipping in with 8-10 goals each and more goals in general spread out. That HAS to be a focus. We’re never going to get another 20+ a season striker because they just don’t exist.

Indeed it is. Excellent stuff. He was perfectly entitled to go and look for a full-time deal, has had a pre-season training with a higher standard of player, it didn’t work out for him and he’s back with us. Can’t really have any complaints about that from our point of view.