Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

5 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Can you play trialists in these cup games?

Big ask to play 3 games in one week with this size of squad, typically they will be dead on their feet when the league games start. 

No.

As per, I find myself wishing it was someone of a slightly higher calibre but I shall give the young man a chance. Hard to find out much about his background before signing too but hopefully there’s something there.

Edited by Scott-Replay

14 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

As per, I find myself wishing it was someone of a slightly higher calibre but I shall give the young man a chance. Hard to find out much about his background before signing too but hopefully there’s something there.

I'm afraid it's difficult to find those players now, we aren't the only club going down bringing in strikers from lower down the pyramid system. 

13 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

I'm afraid it's difficult to find those players now, we aren't the only club going down bringing in strikers from lower down the pyramid system. 

I’m not unhappy about this signing, we can always give someone a chance and who knows it may all work out from the boy and the club. That said, it’s obvious we need players to come in and immediately improve the side and make us more competitive than we have been in last couple of years. 

It’s been a really strange pre-season for everyone. Hard though for me to be particularly confident we will be any different this season to previous ones, unless we can find some way to bring in another 3-4 players with some kind of proven ability at L1 level at least. I realise it’s very difficult but I can at least be hopeful.

Have to wonder why these guys have came out of pro youth and ended up at Gretna, it’s a fair drop. 

I imagine they’ll be squad players but we still need a few who will be starters or at worst able to step in competently to anyone dropping out the starting 11. 

The thing is, we need players in for the squad on Saturday, despite it still being very much pre-season, so it’s not wholly surprising to see two younger players come in today. As Danny mentioned in the recent Daily Record interview, players and clubs are holding out until nearer the beginning of the league before committing to clubs, or loaning players out. It’s not unlikely to think that guys like Cuddihy and Livingstone, or loanees such as McAllister or Jamieson, will be back either at us, or another part time team, but I’d be surprised if we saw many transfers like that for another couple of weeks.

Edited by Scott-Replay

2 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

BEHOLD THE MARCH OF THE RINGERS!

We must’ve really loved Gretna last season.

Ewan Cameron is a good player and i would describe him as a diamond in the rough  and McDonald scores goals please give these boys a chance. Please bare in mind we don't have any money for players and this is where we are. I think a lot of other clubs are in a similar position.

37 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Ewan Cameron is a good player and i would describe him as a diamond in the rough  and McDonald scores goals please give these boys a chance. Please bare in mind we don't have any money for players and this is where we are. I think a lot of other clubs are in a similar position.

I thought I read that our football budget was the same as last year, which included a hefty salary for our  captain. Also a few players reported to be on very good money- Gomis, Balatoni being two mentioned.

Also,  there was a transfer fee for Mitch and David’s transfer fee. Why,  after signing so few players and mostly from divisions below us and with the exciting new commercial opportunities at NDP we are hearing about…… are we to accept we have “no money for players”?