Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

26 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Identified the targets in January? Interesting that we were only targeting players released from levels below us. 

Unsure if this is delusion, denial or self-preservation.

Hopefully the patience he talks about pays off and we secure some signatures over the next few days. 

20 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Identified the targets in January? Interesting that we were only targeting players released from levels below us. 

Unsure if this is delusion, denial or self-preservation.

Hopefully the patience he talks about pays off and we secure some signatures over the next few days. 

Or maybe he has indeed signed his targets to fit into the system he wants to adopt, perhaps for once ( I know this sounds a bit wacky and out there) but you could possibly take him at his word for once.

I have yet to see you make a positive post about the team you knock at every turn, sorry I mean the team you claim to support.

I don't think everyone was "released" from lower clubs, pretty sure Duthie and Roberts were offered deals at their respective clubs but chose to come to us. Recruitment also seems to be with a certain way of playing in mind rather than just the scattergun approach from the last few summers. Under no illusions there's still a good bit of work to be done, especially defensively, but middle to front I'm quietly encouraged with the business so far.

30 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Or maybe he has indeed signed his targets to fit into the system he wants to adopt, perhaps for once ( I know this sounds a bit wacky and out there) but you could possibly take him at his word for once.

I have yet to see you make a positive post about the team you knock at every turn, sorry I mean the team you claim to support.

When something positive happens, I’ll make a positive comment

37 minutes ago, CM. said:

I don't think everyone was "released" from lower clubs, pretty sure Duthie and Roberts were offered deals at their respective clubs but chose to come to us. Recruitment also seems to be with a certain way of playing in mind rather than just the scattergun approach from the last few summers. Under no illusions there's still a good bit of work to be done, especially defensively, but middle to front I'm quietly encouraged with the business so far.

Very fair points - perhaps I should have worded my comment differently, but we’ll have to agree to disagree about being encouraged by the business so far. A bit of stats mining tells you that Connor Duthie and Jordan Allan had similar-to-worse numbers on the board than Rob Jones last season. I know stats don’t paint the whole picture but we also seen them play a few times. Duthie looked great in one of the games against us but from what we’ve heard he’s an incredibly frustrating player. There’s just nothing happening yet to encourage me.

HOPEFULLY the boys come good though. Maybe Jordan Allan just needs to be a starting number 9. As a fan of the juniors/LL Andy Rodden is an interesting signing. At this point I’d love to feel some optimism but I just don’t know where I’d get that from.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Very fair points - perhaps I should have worded my comment differently, but we’ll have to agree to disagree about being encouraged by the business so far. A bit of stats mining tells you that Connor Duthie and Jordan Allan had similar-to-worse numbers on the board than Rob Jones last season. I know stats don’t paint the whole picture but we also seen them play a few times. Duthie looked great in one of the games against us but from what we’ve heard he’s an incredibly frustrating player. There’s just nothing happening yet to encourage me.

HOPEFULLY the boys come good though. Maybe Jordan Allan just needs to be a starting number 9. As a fan of the juniors/LL Andy Rodden is an interesting signing. At this point I’d love to feel some optimism but I just don’t know where I’d get that from.

I think we might need to double up on Aiden mcgeady next Saturday.

hes a tricky character even at 36 he will cause us problems.

does anyone hold any hope for us against hibs and also can we get out the group.

28 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

I think we might need to double up on Aiden mcgeady next Saturday.

hes a tricky character even at 36 he will cause us problems.

does anyone hold any hope for us against hibs and also can we get out the group.

They are glorified friendlies so progression from the group isn’t a priority for me. 

Treat the games as extra preparation time for league business and any cash we make a small bonus.

Yeah that’s wild. An Airdrie fan was on here the other day making me feel really bad about how good our squad was looking compared to theirs [emoji23]
I remember last preseason when we hammered Airdrie in the Broadwood cup.
We looked far superior to an Airdrie squad still being developed.

Airdrie finished the season 33 points ahead of us.

1 hour ago, Scott-Replay said:

Tbf, Airdrie played yesterday too and, for the most part, have a relatively decent pool of players already. Today is a much more ‘experimental’ line up.

Yeah it’s a similar situation this time to last year, we played the first team (well 9 of them and two trialists) yesterday and then gave a load of young trialists a go today alongside a couple of experienced players. The team we played against Clyde in the final last season was nothing like the team we played in the league and it’ll be the same again this season. Not that we played much better against Clyde in the league to be fair!

I honestly cannot believe that we are sitting with 5 days until the Hibs game and we’ve barely got enough players to put a team together. A humping is on the cards, with McGeady just joined Hibs as well as some other signings etc. Very of few of us have seen anything of the “team” due to all the closed door games so this could be embarrassing. I sense a similar frustration among other clubs but at least they have more money to play about with, and don’t have to be as sensitive if someone starts fanning them about. 

31 minutes ago, Bob731 said:

I honestly cannot believe that we are sitting with 5 days until the Hibs game and we’ve barely got enough players to put a team together. A humping is on the cards, with McGeady just joined Hibs as well as some other signings etc. Very of few of us have seen anything of the “team” due to all the closed door games so this could be embarrassing. I sense a similar frustration among other clubs but at least they have more money to play about with, and don’t have to be as sensitive if someone starts fanning them about. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62030282  Interesting…definitely a big challenge here for smaller league clubs