Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

4 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

I think if Danny wanted Livingstone he would be back by now. I think there maybe others players as good as if not better at the club now without the drama Livingstone brings to the party. He can only blame himself for this as another season at Clyde would have given him a better platform to get to full time football and it was clear to see he wasn’t ready to impress another club. Football can be cruel at times but I’m sure he has now been given a reality check and realises DL was good to him and he has shat in the nest Best of luck where he goes from here as we have all made mistakes and I hope he can learns from this one.

He did have 2 offers from 2 teams in this division 1 FT 1 PT 

On 25/06/2022 at 14:25, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Cuddihy starting at right back for Hamilton today against Newmains 

Mikey Doyle was playing right-back for Accies in the Nemains game. Cuddihy might have played in their earlier friendly v Larkhall Thistle TBF. 

43 minutes ago, ClydeFCTheBullyWee said:

Fingers crossed we’ll see some 👀✍️ After tonight’s game in the next few days, anyone know of any of the trialists we have or if they’re any good ? 

Think the only one who's ID was confirmed is Oliver McDonald, an ex-QotS youth player who scored 5 against Gala.

I'll be very surprised if we sign anyone that sets the heather alight from here on out.

A loan we could be looking at is Kieran Offord at St Mirren, 9 goals in 12 second half of last season for East Stirling and scored for St mirren in their friendly last night. 

Lewis Jamieson also scored for them last night. 

Edited by SLClyde

11 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

A loan we could be looking at is Kieran Offord at St Mirren, 9 goals in 12 second half of last season for East Stirling and scored for St mirren in their friendly last night. 

Lewis Jamieson also scored for them last night. 

"Could be" as in you think we actually are looking at it? Or "should be"? If it's the latter, not sure it'll be happening.

Fwiw, I know a few lads who played both with and against him for Shire last season as well as seeing him bag with my own eyes and all opinions are extremely positive.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

"Could be" as in you think we actually are looking at it? Or "should be"? If it's the latter, not sure it'll be happening.

Fwiw, I know a few lads who played both with and against him for Shire last season as well as seeing him bag with my own eyes and all opinions are extremely positive.

Could be as in he’s someone who could do a job for us, and I think we could do with another striker. He’s signed a new 2 year deal with St Mirren so they must like him. 

14 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Could be as in he’s someone who could do a job for us, and I think we could do with another striker. He’s signed a new 2 year deal with St Mirren so they must like him. 

Yeah I definitely agree on all points. We seem to have had a decent relationship with them in the past with Jack, Henderson and Jamieson coming over but I put that down to Danny's relationship with Jim Goodwin as opposed to good scouting. Hopefully the team are switched on and go for him.

McBookies odds are a bit more realistic and reflective of how things will probably look at the end up, although QOS are my favourites at the moment so Sky having them priced a fair bit higher than McBookie (only 7/2 there) is standing out. 

3 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Yeah I definitely agree on all points. We seem to have had a decent relationship with them in the past with Jack, Henderson and Jamieson coming over but I put that down to Danny's relationship with Jim Goodwin as opposed to good scouting. Hopefully the team are switched on and go for him.

I’d maybe put it down to Danny’s link to St Mirren in general but either way we’ve had a few good players off them. 

Also, Edinburgh 20/1 😂😂😂

On 26/06/2022 at 15:23, 19QOS19 said:

I couldn't give a shit about friendlies tbh but have to say I find Clyde's ones particularly bizarre. In a season where you're expecting to be a side with their backs against the wall you'd think Lennon would arrange fixtures against sides that would test your defence, not sides you're rolling over with ease.

Maybe we are just that good already? <sarcasm>