Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

18 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Cuddihy won’t be a great loss if he doesn’t sign on. He’s more than entitled to try and progress his career up the ladder. We are his employer at the end of the day, he’s not a Clyde support like we are. We need to stop looking at it from that point of view. That goes for other players, not just Cuddihy.

He’s been here for 5 years and has contributed well, especially in league 2. I don’t think he would be an irreplaceable loss if he doesn’t sign on, given his injury record and general performance levels over the past season or two.

We need to move on and look for better players

49 minutes ago, Harry Haddock said:

Cuddihy didn’t make the bench in Hamilton’s friendly v Larne.

My only thought with that is if he has a day job which I assume he does, that game kicked off at 1pm so maybe couldn’t make it. 

4 hours ago, Gandhi said:

I rarely, if ever, comment on P&B because, as a relative of Adam Livingstone, I don’t think it’s right to do so. However, there have been a couple of allegations against him that are not just untrue, but so far off the mark that they can’t be left unchallenged. 
I’m not talking about comments on his playing ability - football is all about opinions and everyone is entitled to their own - and mine is obviously biased, so it is what it is.

There have, though, been some claims about his attitude off the pitch and towards Danny and the club. This is where we’re in the realm of facts and I’m too concerned about things being put out there that just aren’t true, to stay silent. 
I don’t know where the alleged information is coming from, but the facts are that Adam was a popular member of the squad last season (the whole squad were very close) and he got on particularly well with Danny. He is very fond of Danny and the club, and he and Danny remain on very good terms - and he has always been respectful towards him and always will be. Wherever he is next season, whether at Clyde or anywhere else, he won’t change his opinion towards Danny or his respect for him. 
Say what you will about him as a player (when you become a professional, you accept that you put yourself out there for comment and opinion - that’s football and the first thing you have to grow is a thick skin) but he gave his all last season, including playing through injury for part of it, and to say his attitude towards, and relationship with, Danny, the other players and the club as a whole wasn’t good is a downright falsehood. 
I know some may think I shouldn’t have posted this and some may even ridicule it, but them’s the breaks. I thought it was more important to get the facts out there. 

I wouldn't be too bothered about some of the so called 'facts' that come onto this forum.

Or believe what a lot of the zoomers on here come out with. 

Good luck to Adam, wherever he decides his future lies. 

39 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

My only thought with that is if he has a day job which I assume he does, that game kicked off at 1pm so maybe couldn’t make it. 

Been training full time doing double sessions. Looks like he’s gone all out to win a full time deal. 

1 hour ago, ARFC Exile said:

Slightly of topic from the last few posts, is there going to be a fans bar at New Douglas park or is there a pub nearby that most home fans will be going to?

Not sure about at the stadium but the closest pubs will be the academical vaults, peacock and Ivy and bar west. 

2 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

Slightly of topic from the last few posts, is there going to be a fans bar at New Douglas park or is there a pub nearby that most home fans will be going to?

There will be a bar on the ground also selling food and showing the early k/off I believe.

6 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

I wouldn't be too bothered about some of the so called 'facts' that come onto this forum.

Or believe what a lot of the zoomers on here come out with. 

Good luck to Adam, wherever he decides his future lies. 

He will end up at Dumbarton 

Would like to see Cuddihy resigning he has been a loyal servant to the club and I don’t think we can attract better players then him. I’m sure he would have had offers elsewhere in the past but I don’t think he is good enough to step up to championship, League One is his level 

9 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Would like to see Cuddihy resigning he has been a loyal servant to the club and I don’t think we can attract better players then him. I’m sure he would have had offers elsewhere in the past but I don’t think he is good enough to step up to championship, League One is his level 

The problem with the people in this chat always want to look back rather than look forward. We have avoided relegation with the skin of our teeth the last 2 seasons but the target has to be the play offs and we need fresh blood for that. cuddihy was injured for much of last season and he has been made an offer that so far he hasn't taken. Its time to move on.