Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

4 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Cuddihy is feked and he will be on the dog and bone to mr Lennon begging to come back

Doubt he’ll be begging. We were right to make him an offer, if he’s getting the chance of a championship club he is right to explore that option. If he comes back there’s nothing to hold against him. 

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Doubt he’ll be begging. We were right to make him an offer, if he’s getting the chance of a championship club he is right to explore that option. If he comes back there’s nothing to hold against him. 

Maybe a bit of loyalty would go a long way.We need to do what’s right for Clyde not players trying to feather their nest at so called bigger clubs and when it falls apart to crawl back with his tail between his legs. We shouldn’t hope players that have been made offers come back because they couldn’t do better elsewhere we shouldn’t put up with that.Let’s put it to a vote who agrees or disagrees if we should bring back cuddihy and Livingstone.

I think Cuddihy has already shown loyalty to the club, been here 5 years now. IIRC has always been one of the first to commit when offered new deal, think he deserves this opportunity to explore his options. Livingstone on the other hand apparently been very disrespectful to club and Danny this close season 

I'm struggling to care as much as some about these (former) players.

Cuddihy has been a good player for us but I'm not going to worry too much if he signs elsewhere. If we were a good, top half League 1 side (which we're not, clearly) I'd only want Cuddihy as a benchwarmer anyway. He's not a good enough defender to be a right back. Doesn't control games or impose himself enough at centre-mid, despite looking fantastic in maybe one out of every 8-10 games. And he's not creative enough to be a winger.

The fact that we were so one-paced (maybe that should be zero-paced) in recent seasons made Cuddihy seem more important than he should have been.

Livingstone isn't good enough to play at leftback or left wing. He's another who, just because he could run a bit, seemed better than he was, especially when Cunningham & Cuddihy were both out. He also became more arrogant and selfish with the ball as the season wore on. He's already failed once when he went to Cove and we should only resign him if we need someone to tweet "+3" after each win.

Hopefully we actually announce some more signings this weekend so we can have something else to talk about.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I rarely, if ever, comment on P&B because, as a relative of Adam Livingstone, I don’t think it’s right to do so. However, there have been a couple of allegations against him that are not just untrue, but so far off the mark that they can’t be left unchallenged. 
I’m not talking about comments on his playing ability - football is all about opinions and everyone is entitled to their own - and mine is obviously biased, so it is what it is.

There have, though, been some claims about his attitude off the pitch and towards Danny and the club. This is where we’re in the realm of facts and I’m too concerned about things being put out there that just aren’t true, to stay silent. 
I don’t know where the alleged information is coming from, but the facts are that Adam was a popular member of the squad last season (the whole squad were very close) and he got on particularly well with Danny. He is very fond of Danny and the club, and he and Danny remain on very good terms - and he has always been respectful towards him and always will be. Wherever he is next season, whether at Clyde or anywhere else, he won’t change his opinion towards Danny or his respect for him. 
Say what you will about him as a player (when you become a professional, you accept that you put yourself out there for comment and opinion - that’s football and the first thing you have to grow is a thick skin) but he gave his all last season, including playing through injury for part of it, and to say his attitude towards, and relationship with, Danny, the other players and the club as a whole wasn’t good is a downright falsehood. 
I know some may think I shouldn’t have posted this and some may even ridicule it, but them’s the breaks. I thought it was more important to get the facts out there. 

13 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Maybe a bit of loyalty would go a long way.We need to do what’s right for Clyde not players trying to feather their nest at so called bigger clubs and when it falls apart to crawl back with his tail between his legs. We shouldn’t hope players that have been made offers come back because they couldn’t do better elsewhere we shouldn’t put up with that.Let’s put it to a vote who agrees or disagrees if we should bring back cuddihy and Livingstone.

Bring Cuddihy back, that would be my vote. He has done nothing wrong, only trying to advance his career , what is the problem with that ? Why would anyone not want one of our best players to resign?

38 minutes ago, Gandhi said:

I rarely, if ever, comment on P&B because, as a relative of Adam Livingstone, I don’t think it’s right to do so. However, there have been a couple of allegations against him that are not just untrue, but so far off the mark that they can’t be left unchallenged. 
I’m not talking about comments on his playing ability - football is all about opinions and everyone is entitled to their own - and mine is obviously biased, so it is what it is.

There have, though, been some claims about his attitude off the pitch and towards Danny and the club. This is where we’re in the realm of facts and I’m too concerned about things being put out there that just aren’t true, to stay silent. 
I don’t know where the alleged information is coming from, but the facts are that Adam was a popular member of the squad last season (the whole squad were very close) and he got on particularly well with Danny. He is very fond of Danny and the club, and he and Danny remain on very good terms - and he has always been respectful towards him and always will be. Wherever he is next season, whether at Clyde or anywhere else, he won’t change his opinion towards Danny or his respect for him. 
Say what you will about him as a player (when you become a professional, you accept that you put yourself out there for comment and opinion - that’s football and the first thing you have to grow is a thick skin) but he gave his all last season, including playing through injury for part of it, and to say his attitude towards, and relationship with, Danny, the other players and the club as a whole wasn’t good is a downright falsehood. 
I know some may think I shouldn’t have posted this and some may even ridicule it, but them’s the breaks. I thought it was more important to get the facts out there. 

If you felt the need to contribute to the discussion you have every right to do so. No ridicule from me. It is always good to hear the other side and if I am honest I am without doubt going to believe your side of things before someone on P&B who heard some rumours.

24 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

If you felt the need to contribute to the discussion you have every right to do so. No ridicule from me. It is always good to hear the other side and if I am honest I am without doubt going to believe your side of things before someone on P&B who heard some rumours.

I think its admirable to defend your relative but the facts are that Clyde fc helped Mr Livingstone rebuild his career and then he tried to get a contact with another club rather help the club advance to the play offs this season and improve as a player. Last season was the best of his career and whoever is advising him needs a word in their shell like. I think he will crawl back to Mr Lennon as he has realised its  still an unforgiving world football and few people care about you. He had this at Clyde and i think the penny has finally dropped.

32 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

42 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Bring Cuddihy back, that would be my vote. He has done nothing wrong, only trying to advance his career , what is the problem with that ? Why would anyone not want one of our best players to resign?

42 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

I think he has done his time at Clyde and their are better players out there. He was injured a lot of last season. Time for the club  to move on.

I think he has done his time at Clyde and their are better players out there. He was injured a lot of last season. Time for the club  to move on.
Would take Cuddihy back too. Yes there are better players out there but they are unlikely to sign for Clyde given our budget.

Cuddihy, Livingstone and Splaine can all cut it at league 1 and losing all 3 in addition to all the other signings we need to make just makes Lennons job that bit tougher.

I think its admirable to defend your relative but the facts are that Clyde fc helped Mr Livingstone rebuild his career and then he tried to get a contact with another club rather help the club advance to the play offs this season and improve as a player. Last season was the best of his career and whoever is advising him needs a word in their shell like. I think he will crawl back to Mr Lennon as he has realised its  still an unforgiving world football and few people care about you. He had this at Clyde and i think the penny has finally dropped.

I never really rated Livingstone.

Although, i've no problem with him trying to move up football's greasy pole. It's what footballers do. He's not under contract so owes us absolutely nothing.

The same goes for Cuddihy.

What I would have a problem with, is the club hanging on to see what happens.

We should move to pastures new and not hang about after the dance to see what's left.

Cuddihy won’t be a great loss if he doesn’t sign on. He’s more than entitled to try and progress his career up the ladder. We are his employer at the end of the day, he’s not a Clyde supporter like we are. We need to stop looking at it from that point of view. That goes for other players, not just Cuddihy.

He’s been here for 5 years and has contributed well, especially in league 2. I don’t think he would be an irreplaceable loss if he doesn’t sign on, given his injury record and general performance levels over the past season or two.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

51 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I never really rated Livingstone.

Although, i've no problem with him trying to move up football's greasy pole. It's what footballers do. He's not under contract so owes us absolutely nothing.

The same goes for Cuddihy.

What I would have a problem with, is the club hanging on to see what happens.

We should move to pastures new and not hang about after the dance to see what's left.

Love this guy he talks sense