Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

30 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Unless, of course, there is some good news like someone scoring a bunch of goals, in which case we'll ignore our self imposed embargo.

Presumably they meant no live updates and were always going to report the score regardless of what it was

1 hour ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

the trialist is Oliver McDonald.

He was at Gretna fc last season 

This seems like it's actually true, and according to Gretna 2008's website he scored five goals in one game last season too - how did you get that info? Do you work with Craig Howie? Any word on the other trialists?

Edited by Brian Carrigan

26 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

This seems like it's actually true, and according to Gretna 2008's website he scored five goals in one game last season too - how did you get that info? Do you work with Craig Howie? Any word on the other trialists?

A good journalist never reveals his sources but there was a promising 

centre back on trial so I’m told

2 minutes ago, CM. said:

It says in the exact same article that we've identified players that are keeping their options open... they are might be of better standard.

The thing is, with the standard of the league this season I would have expected Danny and the recruitment team to be aggressively going for a higher standard of player early doors to get them sold on us and tied up. Fair enough if we have went for those players and been KB'd for whatever reason, but it's hard to believe that the team looked at Jordan Allan playing last season and ID'd him as a player that would keep us in the division, and deemed him of high enough quality to prioritise signing him.

Maybe I'm just being extremely pessimistic but jeezo, that's not good. As I've said before, we used over 30 players last season after signing a bunch from a much lower level. And it wasn't like we'd done in the 90s or what Stenny have done with Will Sewell for instance, we signed known dross. A more streamlined squad with a few players of higher quality is what's required. It's very disappointing that the first 7 players we went for were... those.

No specific mention of Cuddihy.

Strange that he feels the need to confirm Spain is away and not Barry C?

I really hope we are not once again in last seasons predicament where he is waiting on players looking at their options and we get none of them. Learned lessons??