Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

I'm on holiday in Spain and not really giving a fig, but McColl of PT was on Radio Scot on Saturday, saying they had resumed training and he was hopeful of a couple more signings, Including a goalie....they're top 4 of championship and no better off than us in respect of signings.  

I've said for years that we need to be looking at a type of part time player.  We need to find a USP to attract players.   We have had pharmacists, teachers, salesmen, brickies, postmen  and bankers.  Theses guys are far better 'employees' than guys like Lamont, who never quite made it, but believe they're the real deal.

Mark Lamont the most wasted player since Scott Ferguson, if he was to take football a lot more seriously he would go on to have a great career in the game unfortunately not the case

I just didn't see this Mark Lamont.

I only saw the one that, performance wise, rarely turned up and struggled with fitness.

There's a reason he's now in the WoS league.

1 hour ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Mark Lamont the most wasted player since Scott Ferguson, if he was to take football a lot more seriously he would go on to have a great career in the game unfortunately not the case

Unfortunately skill will only take you so far in football.

You also have to have the right dedication and commitment.

Case of what could have been as he certainly was skillful enough but by all accounts just couldnt get himself fit with us and others as it now seems.

So do we see an apology coming from Shay Logan in respect to the club statement and consequently the fact he was talking nonsense?
Wont hold my breath!
Absolutely no chance he or Cove will apologise. Fully expect them to double down on the club and talk to one of the shit rags

The fans have been let down by the board, the racism claim was made very publicly on 8th Jan, the correct story of the shout was known by all the next day, it has took the board over 5 months ( and during close season) to come out with a statement which will probably only be heard by our own support.

Edited by shawfielder

20 minutes ago, shawfielder said:

The fans have been let down by the board, the racism claim was made very publicly on 8th Jan, the correct story of the shout was known by all the next day, it has took the board over 5 months ( and during close season) to come out with a statement which will probably only be heard by our own support.

The people on the board are volunteers and have jobs and personal lives away from the club. The claim wasn’t even reported to the club or authorities so strictly speaking didn’t have to investigate, but have anyway.

Taking the time to do it is no bad thing, it’s been dealt with thoroughly by the looks of it. 

37 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

The people on the board are volunteers and have jobs and personal lives away from the club. The claim wasn’t even reported to the club or authorities so strictly speaking didn’t have to investigate, but have anyway.

Taking the time to do it is no bad thing, it’s been dealt with thoroughly by the looks of it. 

Proud day to be a Clyde supporter.

fair play to the board and our fans for dealing with the racism claim.Dangerous waters to be sailing in but the board met it head on.Can you now sign some decent players😎

No report ANYWHERE other than on our OS. 

It Will go un-noticed as nobody cares about us, he certainly won’t pick it up as it’s highly embarrassing for him.

Shame as an accusation like that will stick unless the facts are more widely communicated. 

45 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

If it was a serious accusation why only post it on his social media, surely you’d report it to the clubs and authorities. That alone would put doubt that it happened before any investigation. 

We haven’t even put the statement on our own Twitter page! 

100% if it was a negative outcome Tom English etc would be all over it given the fact they dislike us and are never slow to jump other negative stuff regarding the club. 

I wonder if Cove will even comment on it?

Edited by FREDDYFRY

6 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

We haven’t even put the statement on our own Twitter page! 

100% if it was a negative outcome Tom English etc would be all over it given the fact they dislike us and are never slow to jump other negative stuff regarding the club. 

I wonder if Cove will even comment on it?

Lanarkshire Live have shared the article so might lead on to a bit more coverage now.