Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Will be interesting to see how broomhill get on at Broadwood 
Wonder if they will get crowds into the £,000s which we haven’t done for years 

Wonder if they will get anymore than 100 after a few games and the novelty of a freezing cold Broadwood and watching Si Ferry and his mates wears off

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

They had an average home league attendance of 89 last season at £8 for entry

How can they then afford to rent Broadwood for anything close to what Clyde were paying?

Open Goal cash will be paying it. Like I said on the other thread, new content and extra views for the youtube channel is the big thing here, match attendance and wins and losses secondary.

16 hours ago, Clinically Proven said:

Open Goal cash will be paying it. Like I said on the other thread, new content and extra views for the youtube channel is the big thing here, match attendance and wins and losses secondary.

They don’t actually get that many views though and they’ll be paying a wage to a fair few guys I doubt that would actually cover the rent of Broadwood (what is it?) 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

They don’t actually get that many views though and they’ll be paying a wage to a fair few guys I doubt that would actually cover the rent of Broadwood (what is it?) 

Yeah the most popular videos are always the "Si Ferry Meets..." ones which normally get ~100k views but the weekly podcasts seem to average 70k which isn't great, but they seem to make a decent amount of money from sponsorships from the likes of Grosvener Sports. Enough to pay a few full time and part time employees anyway. The hydro shows will have made them a whack of money too which I imagine has been invested well in the brand.

There will have been a bit of desperation from NLC to get a second team into the ground too, otherwise Broadwood just continues to become a bit of a festering, 8k capacity burden.

Broomhill games will be on Friday evenings too which is fairly shrewd considering most folk will watch their main team on Saturday.

The whole thing is absolutely mad and I can't see it prospering in cynical Scotland. It's certainly going to be interesting and weird. Or not, and they're just crap, no one buys into it and it just goes away.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Yeah the most popular videos are always the "Si Ferry Meets..." ones which normally get ~100k views but the weekly podcasts seem to average 70k which isn't great, but they seem to make a decent amount of money from sponsorships from the likes of Grosvener Sports. Enough to pay a few full time and part time employees anyway. The hydro shows will have made them a whack of money too which I imagine has been invested well in the brand.

There will have been a bit of desperation from NLC to get a second team into the ground too, otherwise Broadwood just continues to become a bit of a festering, 8k capacity burden.

Broomhill games will be on Friday evenings too which is fairly shrewd considering most folk will watch their main team on Saturday.

The whole thing is absolutely mad and I can't see it prospering in cynical Scotland. It's certainly going to be interesting and weird. Or not, and they're just crap, no one buys into it and it just goes away.

The broomhill games could have been played on the outside pitch at broadwood as they have little to no supporters and they are paying approx 5k rent. idiots. . I bet they signed a long lease. Very few football clubs make money and they will find out the hard way.

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Balatoni has signed for Civil Service Strollers.

That's three of last summer's defensive recruits now signed for Lowland League teams.

Love the only departure as it stands to find a club above that level. Docherty might get a L2 gig at a push but the rest of them still without a club will either stay that way or be LL at best. Still in disbelief that there were 2 sides worse than us last season :lol: 

Edited by CM.