So far we've signed players from :

Dumbarton
Kauno Zalgiris
Stirling Albion
Airdrie
Fauldhouse United
East Stirlingshire
Stenhousemuir

Excluding the signing from the Lithuanian team there's only one player from a team that finished above a dreadful Clyde squad last season.

So much for the post Goodwillie dividend delivering a better quality squad.

Optimistically, are the exciting signings still to come?

Or is the reality, I have to look forward to shite squads every season until I'm finally immortality challenged?

3 hours ago, Bob731 said:

His posts are an honest reflection of how bad the situation is…there are 5 weeks until we start the league cup campaign and look where we are at ? I’m sure Danny is doing what he can but money is key to this . The only reason potentially Splaine would stay is if no one else comes in for him but the lack of info regarding Cuddihy and Livingstone as you would say, is deafening.

Unfortunately I think I’m getting proved right.

Also, why the hell are we resigning players who couldn’t break into the squad properly 2 years ago?! 

Hoping Lyon is a bench warmer and the first teamers are yet to come. Hopefully Rodden is a success, at least he’s new!

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

22 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Not the greatest signing in the world but he's probably a better player than the one who left Clyde a couple of years ago.

I did see you speaking favourably about him a few times last season which was pleasing, because by all accounts he’s a nice laddie, a hard worker and a member of our promotion-winning squad. 

I’d be lying if I said I was happy about the signing unfortunately. It’s a damning indictment of where we are currently that we’re signing a player that was deemed not good enough two seasons ago, and also released by a team in the league below.

Appreciate the comforting words though, will make sure and give you a high five as we pass you on our way into L2 this time next year!

1 minute ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I did see you speaking favourably about him a few times last season which was pleasing, because by all accounts he’s a nice laddie, a hard worker and a member of our promotion-winning squad. 

I’d be lying if I said I was happy about the signing unfortunately. It’s a damning indictment of where we are currently that we’re signing a player that was deemed not good enough two seasons ago, and also released by a team in the league below.

Appreciate the comforting words though, will make sure and give you a high five as we pass you on our way into L2 this time next year!

We offered Lyon terms for the season ahead, but he rejected our offer.

8 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Excluding the signing from the Lithuanian team there's only one player from a team that finished above a dreadful Clyde squad last season.

There’s only so much you can read into this. There are several players all over L2, the LL and the juniors that would improve Clyde and any team in L1 for that matter. As was pointed out earlier, the key is balance and signing the correct players.

26 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

We pretty much won the Division 2 title after signing a team of juniors in 99/00 and pumped Raith 4-0 at Starks Park in the cup. You just need to sign the right ones.

Fortunately at the time we had a manager and a chairman who knew a player.

I remember at the first preseason game thinking - who the f### are these diddies.  How wrong was I.

They signed nearly half the team that made it into the broadwood X1.  

I know its only the lowland league but Rodden was in the team of the year, at least seems a little more encouraging than the likes of Mortimer (who, despite being an underwhelming return, Lyon is an improvement on) and McGrath from that level

Edited by CM.

Cant say I am full of any optimism about the squad so far.  Doesnt fill me with any confidence.

That's 13 players signed so far.  Lets say we go with a squad of 20.  That's just 7 players still to sign !!!!!!

Do you really think that these next 7 to be signed are going to be all L1 level players.  I dont.

I would expect you get your first picks that you want to make up your starting 11 first then you fill out the squad later on closer to the start of the season.  Fingers crossed we have adopted reverse of the logical strategy but I dont think we will.

Only one player signed released by a club at L1 level or above (Jordan Allan  - and i dont remember anything about him in the games v Airdrie).

You have to remember there is a reason a player is released.  They arent deemed good enough for the level they were playing at and we have signed a host of players released at a level below L1.

Even if we did sign Livingstone, Splaine, Cuddihy, McAllister and Jamieson only leaves a couple of other picks for the squad.

Difficult to believe - but this squad is building up to look even more s### than last season and that would be some achievement.

Going to be a long hard season i predict and without a proven 20+ goalscorer this time I think luck is going to run out this year.

We still need in my opinion

2 center halfs

right back

left back

box to box midfielder

creative midfielder

2 strikers who can get double figures goals (yeah i know that might be wishful thinking but even 1 who can get double figures would be good)

Nothing against the players who have signed so far, and hopefully proved wrong, but not feeling at all optimistic. 

Not getting at Lyons, not his fault he has been offered a contract for a team a league above where he was, but as a Stenny fan points out he dropped out of their starting line up last season. Not an indication of the quality of player I was wanting this season. I really hope he proves me wrong and has kicked on.

However, the reality is that now into June and there is no one here just now that would suggest we are anything other than potential bottom club this coming season. Very sad

Ross Lyon will be absolutely fine with Clyde. I would have liked to have kept on him as backup but he could probably go to Clyde and start. Whether he is playing in league two or lower end of league one he will do a job.

You have to realise where you are as a club. A nomadic club with a poor budget in a league full of far better equipped clubs at times I am not sure what players you are expecting to sign. Year on year Lennon has worked minor miracles at the club and there is still groans about him. It's mental to read.

Unless you get some stability as a club and some decent investment these are surely the level of signings you would expect? Efficient, no thrills players.

Edited by Neilly

Ffs hardly even in June and we're getting relegated already by some.

Just hope these guys don't read this forum, they'll be wondering wtf they've let themselves in for.

Every chance the quality of these guys will be better than what we had last season (most of which came in much later than now comparatively), and as we know DL usually  gets the best out of his players.

At least wait til you see the guys in the flesh before ripping them to bits.