Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, Clyde85 said:

I’d be hoping we’d be aiming a bit higher than someone from Largs thistle.

Why? We can’t afford to aim higher. 

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

He may well do a job at stenny but we’ve signed many a player from the juniors, better teams than Largs at that, who’ve turned out to be utter shite. 

We’ve signed players from the Championship that turned out to be utter shite too, so that’s a weird comment. 

17 minutes ago, macclyde+ said:

Apparently Stenny paid a 5 figure fee to sign him. Plus are rumoured to have offered silly money to Bryson.

Not sure whether they have a sugar daddy or not  but we simply can't compete with that.

These points are entirely fair aye. 

23 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Why? We can’t afford to aim higher. 

We’ve signed players from the Championship that turned out to be utter shite too, so that’s a weird comment. 

These points are entirely fair aye. 

The fact players from the championship have been shite doesn’t take away from the fact some players from the juniors have been shite, both statements can be true. 

16 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

The fact players from the championship have been shite doesn’t take away from the fact some players from the juniors have been shite, both statements can be true. 

…but you were using your comment to make a point about not signing players from the juniors. So you’re saying we shouldn’t sign anyone, from any level? Bizarre stuff. 

Put it this way - I’d rather take a punt on a laddie that’s scored 40 goals last season at a good level in the juniors than sign someone like Rob Jones or Ally Roy who might have played senior football, but haven’t got 40 goals between them across their entire career.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

This is shite, lessons not being learned. Get the recruitment team to f**k, I honestly think the fans could do a better job of identifying targets. That’s 2 more wages we could use towards League 1 quality players instead of dross.

You guys will have a fair idea what Ross Lyon's all about but he was absolutely fine at Stenhousemuir last term. He started off as our first-choice right-back before being shifted over to the left as Stephen Swift searched for a working defensive combination. He lost his place in the team in the second half of the season when Adam Corbett and Callum Yeats were selected ahead of him but always did fine whenever he came off the bench. He's an okay defender, and he's decent going forward, even if I can't really remember him chipping in with a significant attacking contribution, a good goal against Huntly in the Scottish Cup aside. I would have kept him for cover and squad depth.

Not the greatest signing in the world but he's probably a better player than the one who left Clyde a couple of years ago.