Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

27 minutes ago, Cutty Sark said:

Regarding Bryson...as much as I'd love him back at Clyde he's played 39 games in 4 seasons. Maybe we didn't want to pay a decent chunk of wage for someone who has obvious fitness concerns?

Spot on. We need three centre halves, multiple full backs and a couple of better attacking players. It just wouldn't make sense bringing in a player like that at this stage, as sad as that is.

When we brought Rankin in we had a full squad and he added one wee bit of class. If we had done our work properly since promotion maybe we would be in a similar position this summer.

I think to this point our recruitment has been better than last season, but there’s still a long way to go with a good 10 or so to come in. 

I don’t agree with some of the posts above that it’s all doom and gloom, I think it’s a bit early in the summer for that. however we will be expected to be fighting relegation given the other clubs in the league. 

I wonder if Danny considered if he could have Gomis and Bryson in same midfield.  That’s assuming of course Bryson was ever an option. 

On reflection much as my heart would love to see Craig Bryson in a Clyde strip again my head is saying maybe best remember him as he was.  If there is a budget of sorts left best spend it on a fit and dynamic midfield player… I hope!!

Edited by FREDDYFRY

12 hours ago, David W said:

Spot on. We need three centre halves, multiple full backs and a couple of better attacking players. It just wouldn't make sense bringing in a player like that at this stage, as sad as that is.

When we brought Rankin in we had a full squad and he added one wee bit of class. If we had done our work properly since promotion maybe we would be in a similar position this summer.

its quite funny how all of you are missing the point. The player budget was piss poor to begin with and as you can see only 2 centre backs at the club one of which is a prospect and the other is a 35 year old who has never played a game for Clyde. This is a crucial position that hasn't been filled as of yet. barry cuddihy adam livingston and splaine  haven't committed yet and the players coming in are from leagues below us. To me this is a problem. We need to spend more on a tried and tested centre back but i think we may struggle as the other clubs are more efficient in this market. What is happening now will determine our season. This isn't a time for nostalgia and stop pissing about with players who were great for the club but are past their sell by date lets get young and hungry in and have a good honest team rather than journey men but i would say an experienced  centre back is an absolute  must.

34 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

its quite funny how all of you are missing the point. The player budget was piss poor to begin with and as you can see only 2 centre backs at the club one of which is a prospect and the other is a 35 year old who has never played a game for Clyde. This is a crucial position that hasn't been filled as of yet. barry cuddihy adam livingston and splaine  haven't committed yet and the players coming in are from leagues below us. To me this is a problem. We need to spend more on a tried and tested centre back but i think we may struggle as the other clubs are more efficient in this market. What is happening now will determine our season. This isn't a time for nostalgia and stop pissing about with players who were great for the club but are past their sell by date lets get young and hungry in and have a good honest team rather than journey men but i would say an experienced  centre back is an absolute  must.

So Steven Thicot isn’t a good signing because he’s never played for Clyde before? He’s also 35 so maybe fits your experienced defender criteria. 

Your posts are a laugh, keep them up. 

17 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

So Steven Thicot isn’t a good signing because he’s never played for Clyde before? He’s also 35 so maybe fits your experienced defender criteria. 

His posts are an honest reflection of how bad the situation is…there are 5 weeks until we start the league cup campaign and look where we are at ? I’m sure Danny is doing what he can but money is key to this . The only reason potentially Splaine would stay is if no one else comes in for him but the lack of info regarding Cuddihy and Livingstone as you would say, is deafening.

36 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Clearly you have missed the point thanks bob for living in the real world and lets be clear i hope it all comes good and thicot works out. Time will tell and you have put on record you think he is a good signing  LETS HOPE YOUR RIGHT

Not fussed about not signing Bryson. As Craig Telfer said, players dropping down to the seaside leagues normally means they’ll be terrible or incredible, no in between, and we can’t afford such an expensive gamble - no matter how much I love the boy.

I’m more concerned about Stenny signing the striker Sewell from Largs. Incredible goalscoring record and having seen him play a few times last season, he’s the type of player we really need - a striker that’s a complete arsehole. Even if that translates to 15 league goals it’s worth a punt. In the last 5 seasons there are only 5 players to have hit 20 goals in League 1, so the chances of us finding that are slim.

31 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Not fussed about not signing Bryson. As Craig Telfer said, players dropping down to the seaside leagues normally means they’ll be terrible or incredible, no in between, and we can’t afford such an expensive gamble - no matter how much I love the boy.

I’m more concerned about Stenny signing the striker Sewell from Largs. Incredible goalscoring record and having seen him play a few times last season, he’s the type of player we really need - a striker that’s a complete arsehole. Even if that translates to 15 league goals it’s worth a punt. In the last 5 seasons there are only 5 players to have hit 20 goals in League 1, so the chances of us finding that are slim.

I’d be hoping we’d be aiming a bit higher than someone from Largs thistle.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Apparently Stenny paid a 5 figure fee to sign him. Plus are rumoured to have offered silly money to Bryson.

Not sure whether they have a sugar daddy or not  but we simply can't compete with that.

1 hour ago, Clyde85 said:

I’d be hoping we’d be aiming a bit higher than someone from Largs thistle.

Why? We can’t afford to aim higher. 

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

He may well do a job at stenny but we’ve signed many a player from the juniors, better teams than Largs at that, who’ve turned out to be utter shite. 

We’ve signed players from the Championship that turned out to be utter shite too, so that’s a weird comment. 

17 minutes ago, macclyde+ said:

Apparently Stenny paid a 5 figure fee to sign him. Plus are rumoured to have offered silly money to Bryson.

Not sure whether they have a sugar daddy or not  but we simply can't compete with that.

These points are entirely fair aye.